Master Grade Dom or Rick Dom?

Discuss models, figures, Blu-rays and more.
Xenturion6789

Master Grade Dom or Rick Dom?

I'm thinking about getting an MG Dom. Problem is I don't know which is the better of the two; the Dom or Rick Dom. from what i saw on dalong.net, they both have pretty good scores of 93 and the differences to me are small and irrelevant. If anybody has built both of them, can you recommend which of them is the better model? ease of construction, durability, etc. Thanks.
Death solves all problems. No man, no problem
-Joseph Stalin
Fritz Ashlyn

I've got the Dom, and the only real reason I can give for getting it instead of the Rick Dom is that you can pose it on a shelf under gravity, which makes more sence for the terrestrial version. Other than that it comes down to your color preference I guess.
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots
RPG Trinary: Ortega
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Fritz Ashlyn

Hey! why don't you swing on down to the RPG section? Tales from the Frontlines: The AEUG running strong since 2006!
Duo

I'd go with the normal Dom. I have the Rick Dom, mainly for that massive beam bazooka, but it can't hold it up worth crud... you have to angle it or rest it on the shelve or fins some trick to make it look applealing.

But for some odd reason, probably just the weight difference, it holds the Giant Bazooka just fine. Plus with the standard Dom you get the MMP-80 or 90 or whatever it is, which, I'd rather have gotten but had to use an UMP 45 from some kinda of collection for an old school GI JOE (12 inch figure) type action figure. It works well with it, but the others that came in the set are too big for the normal sized suits.
"TAG ALONG ON MY JOURNEY INTO HELL!"
"Momma said real men don't cry..."
"The God of Death is Back from Hell!"
-Duo Maxwell - Shinigami
Kiggz

Does anyone have pictures of the normal Dom ?

What are the size differences ?
S5TIIOwner

www.dalong.net
Then go to MG (at the top of the page).
Hit english menu over the pictures, scroll down to Rick Dom. The review has pictures of the Dom and Rick Dom together.
saneman

If you decide to get Dom, then see if you can get OWY, the joints are much tighter.
You know, doing what is right is easy. The problem is knowing what is right.
~ Lyndon B. Johnson
tajisdurmin

I've been writing up a few MG reviews, and if you can find one consider getting a Char's Rick-Dom: its main color is more of a salmon-pink color than actual red, but if you can put up with that it's got one of almost every Dom weapon, plus a modified Zaku machine gun with grenade launcher and Char figure. All you lose is the original Dom's MMP-80 (easily swiped from a Zaku) and shielded bazooka from 0083. As for the beam bazooka, quick trick: during assembly, glue a stack of three U.S. nickels together then put them into the aftermost bulge on the bazooka's frame. They don't shift around at all and counterbalance the front-end detailing so it can be balanced nicely on the shoulder.
auriga

Ditto on the Char's Rick Dom.

However, given the splurge of OYW Ver 2.0, I think it's wise to wait and see if they'll release a Dom 2.0.
Xenturion6789

come to think, i'm heading off to college this september so i probably won't have time for gunpla anyway. Thanks for the suggestions everyone, i guess it's the regular dom once i get the time. please do whatever you will with this thread now, moderators
Death solves all problems. No man, no problem
-Joseph Stalin
mcred23

If that's the case, this might as well be closed.
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')