Building my new MG kits has made me appreciate dubbing

Discuss models, figures, Blu-rays and more.
BlackOpsElf

Building my new MG kits has made me appreciate dubbing

So, I recently got in the mail my new MG Aile Strike Gundam and MG Zeta Gundam Version 2.0, and have decided to build them while watching the shows they are from. I have found this is much easier to do with my dual-audio tracked Gundam Seed than my Zeta Gundam, as I don't actually have to focus on the subtitles, and instead can focus on the kit.

Anyone else use the shows to put you in the mood to build Gundams? Considering some of the shows are designed with the "I want one of those" factor in mind, actually having the merchandise of the main mecha in front of you seems gratifying.
jnhchan

I sometimes watching gundam anime when i building gundam model. However, it is different series most of the time :-). About the mood to build the gundam model, i always have! As my building project is always on (I have so many of them i can building them one after one without stop). Anyway, i agree that is good idea. However, after doing this for several years, you are running out of gundam series to watch
mcred23

Once. I was in the process builting a 1/1200 Magellan when (After weeks of delay) I finally got the last MSG DVD's I was awaiting from Amazon, so, while building my model, I resumed my watching of the series.

All told, it didn't turn out well. Doing one would keep me highly distracted from the other, or cause me to miss details or something else bad. After about twenty minutes, I finally gave up the effort and stopped working on the model and simply watched the episode (Since working on the model had caused me to miss most of what was going on).

And since then, I've never really tried doing it again, and I doubt I ever will. That sort of multi-tasking doesn't appeal to me.
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')
jnhchan

Well, in my case. I watch the anime 70% and making model about 30%. As i watch at least twice to all my gundam anime, i don't need to watch it to know where it is. However, i still spend most of my time watching the anime insteading building the model. Although the left hand is holding the model and my right hand is holding the sandpaper ;-)
Deus EpS Machina

I build all my models in front of the TV.

Usually do it while watching movies (ID4 and MiBII i watched while making Full Cloth).

However, i always leave detailing and decals for later when there is a marathon of That 70s Show or Seinfeld.
Nyan nyan nyan nyan ni hao nyan!~~~
auriga

OOTB-builds, yes, I do them in front of the TV. Not very often, though.

But when it's time for me to get dirty, I focus on the job. Besides, my workplace doesn't even have a TV to begin with. :lol:
ThatOneGuy...GuinLineford

jnhchan wrote:I sometimes watching gundam anime when i building gundam model. However, it is different series most of the time :-). About the mood to build the gundam model, i always have! As my building project is always on (I have so many of them i can building them one after one without stop). Anyway, i agree that is good idea. However, after doing this for several years, you are running out of gundam series to watch
I have to agree with you jnchan, every week I order about 2-5 suit from gundam store and more so i'm building everyday. I used to watch Gundam while I build them to help me keep going, but now since I watched them all awhile ago I usually listen to the OST's of the Gundam series, or the BGM of one of the Gundam games I own, but I'm pretty sure I'll be picking up that trend again when Gundam 00 comes out. The series and models should be a fun experience together.
Polaris Zen Kai

"But it...has no legs." -Char Aznable
Fritz Ashlyn

Since you worded it "use the shows" I guess my answer is legit:

I don't usually watch anything while I'm building, but I've listened to the Zeta soundtrack a couple of times while building my MG GM Quel and my MG Dom. Wrong show, I know, but I love that BGM. Since I don't have to watch anything, the music sort of helps put me in the zone.
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots
RPG Trinary: Ortega
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Fritz Ashlyn

Hey! why don't you swing on down to the RPG section? Tales from the Frontlines: The AEUG running strong since 2006!
baka

I kept playing the Gundam Seed soundtrack while building MG Freedom up to the point where the intro of Meteor made me want to throw up. But still, music is much more relaxing than watching anime.
Not that I don't do that. I watched 0083 while building MG GP03S and Planetes while assembling 1/100 Akatsuki Full Set. With the Akatsuki it wasn't any distraction since it had English dubbing (thank god!). Besides, painting Akatsuki will only ruin it, so it was just OOTB building with a tiny bit of panel lining.
It is very difficult to make someone understand something if his income depends on his not understanding it.
Lert

I tend to watch Gundam shows that I've already seen while making gunpla from those respective series (If I have the series, that is) .. Otherwise I just have music playing.
Be alert. The world needs more Lerts.