What is the pride of your collection?

Discuss models, figures, Blu-rays and more.
Charismatic Enigma

What is the pride of your collection?

I wanted to dicuss with anyone willing to join in about what they consider the pride of their collection, whether is MSiA or model kit from whatever series.

For me, mine is a MG model kit of the RX-93 Nu Gundam I bought several years ago. I even kept track of the time it took to build it, even going as far as working and eating lunch at the same time.

Anyone else want to comment?
"Aaahh!"-The last words of many a mobile suit pilot.
Metal Legend
Location: Going all Reservoir Dogs on Kira in a warehouse in London

Nothing in my collection sits as the pride. I have a MG freedom in the centre only because it looks good there...I personally have no love for it as an MG or as a MS. While Kits such as the Turn A and Nu MG flank my freedom as two of my fav kits and mecha. I have organised my collection to showcase all my fav kits all of them forming a display which takes presidence and pride of place in my old room in my parents house...awya from my London flat lol to avoid those awkward moments when I bring a woman home with me lol :D
Sometimes the appropriate response to reality is to go insane - Philip k. Dick
ulnhyrr

Interesting question. Typically, I guess it would be the latest finished kit... but to suggest having a single kit that will probably hold a position of pride in accomplishment and finish; I would probably have to say my MG Sazabi with Core Works conversion.

Now with this said, it's not that the final finish of the kit is something noteworthy. I've rebuilt the same kit three different times, first snapped and spray painted red, second time was in the early stages of learning how to airbrush, I painted it blue and did the seamline work, and the third and final time was with the addition of Core Works Sazabi enhancement conversion kit. It's painted in a pearl white scheme and I used my standard logo as the decals; it's not weathered, I sorta experimented with a different method to produce exhaust plumes and was sorta happy with that result.

The thing that makes this a pride in my collection is that it has something that none of my other kits to date have; a signature from the designer of the Sazabi, Yutaka Izubuchi. At last year's Anime Expo, Yutaka Izubuchi was a guest of honor, and during one of the autograph sessions, I brought the Sazabi to him and he had a look and signed the thing. And for this, it stands out as a kit that is the pride of my collection... so far. :lol:
firefox

PG aile strike

It's pure perfection! and the only PG with a stand to put it on

It is with out contest, the best model you can buy (maybe with the exception of PG aile strike rouge ;) )
In the end, nothing remains
Fritz Ashlyn

At the center of what models I do have (and the few of those that are actually displayed) are my PG RX-78 and PG Zaku II. They tower over the others and look great, especially when I show people the Zaku's light up heat hawk.
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots
RPG Trinary: Ortega
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Fritz Ashlyn

Hey! why don't you swing on down to the RPG section? Tales from the Frontlines: The AEUG running strong since 2006!
Blade of the Red Comet

This is actually a really hard question to answer...I guess I would have to agree with ulnyrr and say that its my most recently finished kit. In my case being my MG Hi Nu. Its hard though to pick favorites, especially from all those kits you've invested so much time into making just how you want them. I could easily say though, that if I had a MG Sazabi that it'd be the "crem de le crem" of my collection....sadly, though, I have this gut feeling that it'll be redone as a 2.0 so I'm going to hold out on buying it as long as I can muster the willpower.
yukikaze

1/100 V2 Assault-Buster Gundam. even though its small, it looks great and stands out from all my other gundams. the fact that it isnt really availible makes it more precious. the only problem is that it has a tendancy to fall off its stand, and has made MANY dive bombs off to the floor 3 feet below. i still love it, and i covered it with a great deal of decals, increasing its detail.
BlackOpsElf

My Special Painted Edition HCM-Pro Sazabi. It is the most posable thing ever, and can do a high-kick while standing on one leg. Plus, it has that amazing paint job, looks good in any lighting, and just catches everyone's eye even when placed on a shelf with all my other HCM-Pros.
The Big Zabowski

The pride of my rather miniscule collection WAS an MG GM Quel, but my brother decided to take it apart to see the inner workings without telling me. That night, I came into my room to find the Quel in pieces, with many of the small pegs broken off in the holes. Some of the armor had been cracked or broken in half.

Essentially, the painted and weathered Quel was beyond my skill level of repair..at least to make it look presentable. Eventually I scrapped it and it now sits in my closet, a shell of it's former self.

Now I have a new Quel kit in box that I have yet to start on...
TRANS AM!
Yes, it's a V8.
Yes, it was a Trans Am before there was "TRANS AM."
Yes, it's mine. 8)
mcred23

The pride of my displayed collection (Which is only a fraction of all my Gunpla) is a grouping of the old 1/1200 Salamis and Magellan ship models, five of the former and three of the latter. All are painted in their standard blue-ish grey, while one of the Magellan's is painted in a tealish/light green color like the Ananke, Revil's ship at Loum (The foward part of it is seen on the left).

These are the few models I've actually painted, and done in good detail, and that are still in very good condition. They're also the only parts of my Gunpla collection that I've had displayed consistantly for any major period of time (As of now, roughly a year or so) and I'm quite proud of them.
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')
ThatOneGuy...GuinLineford

In my collection I would say that the New Material Model Turn A Gundam stands tall and proud to be the center of attention. I made a seperate shelf to put it and my future GFF metal RX-78-2 Ver. Ka. This shelf and the these suit towers over the other shelves showing what I call the "History of Gundam". The RX will represent the Birth of Gundam, and the Turn A with the death of Gundam (not that gundam is dead to me, but I still think Turn A to be the Gundam series that should end all, even though they are made more series like SEEED for example, they made a way to connect the two series together as part of history. Hopefully they will continue the trend.) with two other shelves below showing the history of UC. and AU. with my MSIA's and 1/144 models. I was very impressed of NMM Turn A, for it is in my opinion one of the best made suits put into figure form. I will never have regrets on the investment this suit.
Polaris Zen Kai

"But it...has no legs." -Char Aznable
bluemax151

The pride of my collection? Hmmm I guess that would be my MSIA Kojima Battalion. Mostly because of the memories of all the hunting I did nearly everyday to get all the right properly numbered GMs to make the whole thing. A lot of time spent searching with friends.

Kojima Battalion
こいつ が ガンダム か
RIP John Neil Seward Jr/Jack Seward 10/11/1924-11/10/2010
Kokopelli

The 1/100 Full Armor Gundam I made from taking the old MG Gundam and modifying the parts from the 1/100 FA Gundam back from the MSV line to fit it. However it seems people take more of a liking to my MG Zaku II that I weathered and posed running. Of course there's always the casual amine fan that gets drawn to the 1/100 V2 Assault-Buster due to the fact that I cut Wings of Light out of clear red styrene.
lagrance

My latest MG kit, the RX-178 Mk. II Titans version because it was the first time I painted a model and it turned out beautifully. The blueberry paint I had lying around was perfect for it. Looks like it came straight out of the anime.
Paragon

The Pride of my Gundam Model Collections are 1/144 HG Stargazer and 1/144 HGUC Monster. I went as far as keeping the time and recorded how many time It take me to put them up.
S5TIIOwner

My MG Gouf Custom and my MG Gouf Custom with flight type conversion kit (in progress). Well they have the most time invested in them anyway.
Kurosawa

So far, i would have to say the pride of my collection is my HG-EX Strike Freedom. It's the first big scale kit that i used a few new airbrushing techniques that i picked up on the web on. Not to mention the lights in the joints...it makes for an interesting conversation piece.
Rice...its a way of life
lobster

lagrance wrote:My latest MG kit, the RX-178 Mk. II Titans version because it was the first time I painted a model and it turned out beautifully. The blueberry paint I had lying around was perfect for it. Looks like it came straight out of the anime.
My pride is similar to you but mine is the AEUG version. :wink:
Bandai = most environmentally friendly toy maker???

"Reuse that runner 100 times!"
Lert

Right now .. It's a toss-up between my PG Mk II AEUG and my MG Crossbone. Both are excellent kits. I truly love PG's for their size and intricacy and build-time and customisability, but the Crossbone is just one spectacular bit of plastic as well.
Be alert. The world needs more Lerts.
tajisdurmin

For me, it's probably the Gundam Collection GP03 vs. Neue Ziel I wrote up in the reviews thread. As an MG devotee I'm not particularly attached to the puny 1/400 scale and barely mobile suits, but the MAs are ridiculously detailed and about the size of MG mobile suits, perfect to pick up and play around with. Thing's pretty much the only sane way to own a fully armed and operational Dendrobium, but it apparently hasn't been selling well judging by the 20% discounts on Japanese sites; it's like Bandai released what everybody said was their dream kit, but nobody woke up and bought it. In my room, some two dozen MGs occupy the top half of a bookcase behind my computer desk, packed so tightly I'll soon have to start rotating them out, but the GP03 and Neue Ziel sit right above this monitor going at it with chain mines and beam sabers.