What is the pride of your collection?

Discuss models, figures, Blu-rays and more.
razgriz

centerpieces of my collection would be my arch enemy wing zero custom, arch enemy rx-78-2, and my lucky find a 7.5" dx launcher strike gundam that i found at a big lots discount store long after most gundam merchandise was pulled from the shelves. they look so great standing together, like an evolution of ms.
setsuna: I AM A GUNDAM!!!
graham: I AM A FLAG!!!
(setsuna giggling)
graham: NO!! i said FLLLAG!
Kiggz

My Wing custom or my Zaku 1 commander style with the char fin
turkishproverb

bluemax151 wrote:The pride of my collection? Hmmm I guess that would be my MSIA Kojima Battalion. Mostly because of the memories of all the hunting I did nearly everyday to get all the right properly numbered GMs to make the whole thing. A lot of time spent searching with friends.

Kojima Battalion

As cool as that is, werent there 42 RGM-79 [G]'s in the Kojima Battalion?
Join Zeon: Victory by 0080
Ascension wrote:
turkishproverb wrote:Unless your Joe Quesada.
:lol: Ahh, Quesada. He is to comic book fans what Fukuda is to Gundam fans.
mcred23

turkishproverb wrote:
bluemax151 wrote:The pride of my collection? Hmmm I guess that would be my MSIA Kojima Battalion. Mostly because of the memories of all the hunting I did nearly everyday to get all the right properly numbered GMs to make the whole thing. A lot of time spent searching with friends.

Kojima Battalion

As cool as that is, werent there 42 RGM-79 [G]'s in the Kojima Battalion?
No. Kojima Battalion was made up of 24 MS in eight teams of three, half of them were RGM-79[G]'s and half were RX-79[G]'s.

It's often believed than 42 RGM-79[G]'s were built, however, that is wrong, and over 50 were built. The number 42 refers to the so-called "A-type" RGM-79.
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')
turkishproverb

Grrg....sorry, seems i was wrong. my japanese isn't too hot, so i occasionally make mistakes.

*puts on hubcap of shame*

As for the prides of my collection, I'd have to go with my custom modded Origional 1/144th Zaku 2, with every mod component actually from before I was born (with the exception of a Gouf Custom shoulderpad to replace teh gouf one someone ripped off it once.) I put weeks into modding that thing, as well as parts from 2 different old zakus, a Full Armor gundam, and pincers from a 1980s lego set.

Or my 1/220th messala model, simply because it was my 2nd kit, and has llasted (with heavy modding as repairs went along) through being run over (once) , broken (four+ times), stepped on(3 times), destroyed (2 times), put in a microwave(once), thrown out of a two story window (5 times), a third story window (once), and hit with a hammer (once).

Man, its like the methuss of model kits.
Join Zeon: Victory by 0080
Ascension wrote:
turkishproverb wrote:Unless your Joe Quesada.
:lol: Ahh, Quesada. He is to comic book fans what Fukuda is to Gundam fans.
G-Slayer
Location: In the fridge, behind the mayonnaise, next to the ketchup, and to the left of the coleslaw.

What's the pride of my Gundam collection? My "Crystal Gundams," of course. For the past few months I've been rounding up translucent MSiA's from any online store that has them. I started out with the translucent Shining Gundam, found another one someplace else, and I've been collecting them ever since. Today I just received an RX-78-2 colored in piss yellow (for lack of a better description) that I bought from a Hong Kong-based shop.
Last edited by G-Slayer on Sun Jul 01, 2007 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
"That's it! I'll never Gundam the pilot again, Bright!"--Amuro Ray

My YouTube Channel!

My Photobucket Album!

My Gunpla Blog!
Heecarl_Reez

MG freedom Gundam that was recently built by me...i paired it with the 1/100 Gundam Double X.Nice combi though....
BlackOpsElf

tajisdurmin wrote:For me, it's probably the Gundam Collection GP03 vs. Neue Ziel I wrote up in the reviews thread. As an MG devotee I'm not particularly attached to the puny 1/400 scale and barely mobile suits, but the MAs are ridiculously detailed and about the size of MG mobile suits, perfect to pick up and play around with. Thing's pretty much the only sane way to own a fully armed and operational Dendrobium, but it apparently hasn't been selling well judging by the 20% discounts on Japanese sites; it's like Bandai released what everybody said was their dream kit, but nobody woke up and bought it. In my room, some two dozen MGs occupy the top half of a bookcase behind my computer desk, packed so tightly I'll soon have to start rotating them out, but the GP03 and Neue Ziel sit right above this monitor going at it with chain mines and beam sabers.
I may need to pick this up. Hmmm... sold out on HLJ, but GS&M has them for about a hundred bucks with shipping... worth it?

Also, I may need to change my answer to the MG Strike. I only have the body put together so far, but with the little daggers (my absolute favorite part of the kit, and the non-beam knives provide a nice distinction from my other Gundams) it really stands out from my other MGs. I have it in the pose it took with the daggers in the second episode before smashing that guy's face in.
Jak Stoller

My pride and joy is my Blade Liger, I repainted it in a blitz style type before I left, replaced the main gears with smaller aluminum ones and nearly doubled the speed of it ^^.

But if we're going for Gundam kits, It'd be either my PG Strike, just cause its so nice, or my 1/100th RX-79[G] just cause its my favorite suit and the clear coat I put on it made her look so perdy.

--Jak
tajisdurmin

BlackOpsElf wrote:I may need to pick this up. Hmmm... sold out on HLJ, but GS&M has them for about a hundred bucks with shipping... worth it?
I actually did some research for the review: tisinc99 beats that price by a hair domestically, but HobbyWorld International has four left at 6800 yen. Not like that means much if HLJ's shipping estimate of 5000 yen is correct, but try out some shopping carts and see who's cheapest.

Is it worth it, though? In a word, utterly. If you look at non-resin/SD Dendrobium releases, the HGUC version came out and it was basically too big, then the HGM one came out and it was basically too small, so this one's probably the Goldilocks of GP03s. The only other Neue Ziel is HGM, so in that case the choice is simply between crap or not crap.
Asuka

My gunpla collection has taken a sharp drop since my move to college, with only the MS-06/RX-79 duo surviving the move. So they would have to be my pride until i finally finish painting the Aile Strike.

My favorite model of all time though would have to be an F/A-18 that I painted up in NSAWC aggressor colors that unfortunately is now in several pieces after a midair collision with a remote control :cry: . Oh well it will soon be repaired and dogfighting below my cieling with the Su-27 i'm working on.
Oruma

For me my Pride would be the MG Ex-S Gundam. It is huge, load with big guns, and looks awesome in both MS and G-Cruiser mode. I'd have my two Zeta Gundams (MG and ver2.0) flanking it at times (when I shuffle my models around). Otherwise, my ultimate bling-blings would be a runner-up. :D
"So...what does the Uncertainty Principle really mean?"
"Sorry, I'm not sure."
Charismatic Enigma

As for MSiA, I'd say my H-Zack Earth Federation colors figure. I don't know why, but I've always loved Hi-Zacks. :)
"Aaahh!"-The last words of many a mobile suit pilot.
MechaWyvern

As far as toys or models, mine has to be the GFF Deepstriker. Everyone that sees it asks a million questions and just has to give it a good looking over.
The pride of my Gundam collection is probably my copy of Model Graphix "Gundam Wars 3" Gundam Sentinel. It took me nearly a year to track down a copy, and I love looking through it.
bluemax151

Charismatic Enigma wrote:As for MSiA, I'd say my H-Zack Earth Federation colors figure. I don't know why, but I've always loved Hi-Zacks. :)
I just got one while I was at Anime Expo myself and I must say it's grown on me immensely.
こいつ が ガンダム か
RIP John Neil Seward Jr/Jack Seward 10/11/1924-11/10/2010
vaKuz

It's gotta be my 08MST MG collection. 08MST brought me into UC in the first place.
Knowledge is limited, but imagination is unlimited

"When you kill a man, it is a tragedy. When you kill 10 million, it is a statistic" - Joseph Stalin, C&C Red Alert
jerid messas ghost

mine is my custom painted kampfer
even crappy robots that blow up when the go to fast need love too (im looking at you zudah)
Deus EpS Machina

The pride of my collection...

Well thats easy, its the only model i never remove when i cycle my kits on my display shelf...and it isnt cuz its simply too big to go anywhere else, its cuz its a pure display peice with its huge arse shoulders and massive gun: MG Ex-S. Its honestly the only kit people look at, point and ask just wtf it is. Its the pride of my collection cuz i took mytime building it, and i keep going back to it every now and again to add more detail.
Nyan nyan nyan nyan ni hao nyan!~~~
Jak Crow

I'd say my favorite is the 1/60 Strike Freedom lightning edition. It's just massive and looks great. Putting it together was a much better experience than putting together the PG Wing 0. I'm not happy with the Wing 0 given how it can't even support itself without positioning its wings just right, and one of the die-cast leg posts was mis formed and it cracked the leg socket it plugs into which causes the right leg to easily fall off, which makes it almost impossible to pose. I like the "Real Detail" line, plus the older 1/60 HGEX units. The price/size ratio is good, they have good details and gimmicks, and I get a sense of satisfaction putting them together I didn't get with the PG Wing