Is it flat or gloss if you mix the paint together.

Discuss models, figures, Blu-rays and more.
jnhchan

Is it flat or gloss if you mix the paint together.

Here is a question.

I mixed 90% of gloss white with 10% of flat grey. Is the new mix is gloss or flat? It is important to know because i can save a layer of gloss clear if the mix is gloss.
ulnhyrr

You should never worry about "saving a layer of gloss"; saying that is just being lazy. Mix your paints, and paint, do not worry too much about if the paint is gloss, semi gloss or flat. Chances are, your kit will have some areas that are flat and some areas that are gloss. If you want to keep everything uniform; yes, sometimes you want to have glossy areas vs flat areas, however most of the time you would want a uniform look to the final kit and you will need to clear coat it (gloss or flat) anyways. I run into this problem sometimes because I'm not paying attention to if I'm using flat or gloss paints. Plus my building style always requires a gloss clear coat.

The amount of clear sprayed isn't too expensive. It's only a matter of the extra time and effort to make something look good.
jnhchan

what i mean is before putting final semi-gloss layer, i need to do the decal and panel line. If the paint is gloss, i can save time on putting another gloss layer on. That's what i mean. It take four extra days if i put the extra gloss layer on.