Destiny Impulse - What're all the parts needed for this?

Discuss models, figures, Blu-rays and more.
eonwarrior

Destiny Impulse - What're all the parts needed for this?

Hi, I'm a newcomer. But I've been checking out mahq for a while. BIG GS fan. I've got a Strike Freedom HG 1/144 and Infinite Justice HG 1/144 models, with a Destiny coming soon.

When I laid eyes on Destiny Impulse, I knew I had to try and create it.

But what's got me stumped is where some of those extra parts come from. The upper wings, gauntlets and high-energy beam rifles are more or less perplexing me. But it's the upper wings that's frustrating to figure out most.

Just WHICH model are those from?

Thank you all in advance for your help. =3
CHASER

Well, if you're talking about the profile it has on MAHQ, the parts are from... itself >> it's one of the packs it mounts.

Though I do remember seeing an image of the Out Frame mounting the Destiny Silhouette on MAHQ somewhere.

EDIT: Here it is Don't know if you can get this though.
HellCat wrote:
ShadowCell wrote:I'm skipping this one if it's in suppository form, though. Like, I like Gundam, but not that friggin' much.
They decided against that because most Gundam fans already have something up their butt.
Deus EpS Machina

That isnt Destiny Impulse.

this is Destiny Impulse

to do an extremely rough and simple kit bash to make Destiny Impulse, you need...

Sword Impulse Gundam (the swords and base)
Two Destiny Gundams (the beam cannons and the wings and beam shield generators)

That would be a rough kitbash, after that you would have to mould the Destiny parts into what you see in the link.
Nyan nyan nyan nyan ni hao nyan!~~~
CHASER

I was just talking about the pack.

The biggest problem may be the Boomerangs on the elbows, since they seem rather small compared to others. Though a piece of plastic cut to shape and size could take the place of those easilly.
HellCat wrote:
ShadowCell wrote:I'm skipping this one if it's in suppository form, though. Like, I like Gundam, but not that friggin' much.
They decided against that because most Gundam fans already have something up their butt.
eonwarrior

Thank you again, everyone. ^_^ You were great help.

It's true about the beam boomerangs on the elbows... dunno how I'm gonna pull that of. Better get searching for cement glue...

The 2 sets for the wings... dunno if that'll work, but anything's possible.
auriga

I believe someone already did a scratchbuild... You may want to dig that up for reference. References are always a must, especially when trying to replicate something.

IMO, I think the hardest build are the cannons. IIRC, I don't think you can kitbash them as they look very different from the cannons used by either the Destiny or the Impulse, plus they are telescopic. But I think you'd be better off trying to use the Legend's beam rifle.

As for the boomerangs... While yes, you can't kitbash 'em, you'll have an easy time cutting them out of styrene board. They look simple enough, lol. I'd wager that a 2mm board would do just fine. Just practice your cutting skillz.
Dark Duel

The Oowashi Akatsuki's cannons might be useful if you could find a way to fit them properly and modify them to look closer to the D-I's, as they are very similar design-wise, and not much smaller.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
auriga

I should've remembered that... Using the Oowashi's beam cannons would solve the telescopic bit.

However, using the Oowashi would mean shelling out extra cash. Plating doesn't come cheap. :lol: That is assuming you don't have one, and if you do, are not willing to use it for a kitbash.
eonwarrior

Thaks again so much everyone. I looked up the Legend's high beam cannons and they look nice. I'm gonna go check up on those Akatsuki's cannons right now.

EDIT: The Owashi cannons look perfect for the final build.

Now, this is what I got:
1 Sword Impulse Gundam (Base Gundam and Sword pack)
2 Destiny Gundams (Boomerangs, Forearm for the sheild, Pack for the beam cannons and the wings)
1 Owashi Akatsuki Gundam (Beam Cannons)

That look good?
auriga

If you're going to do a near-authentic build, I don't think you can use the Destiny's backpack core. Check out the lineart again.
eonwarrior

Okay, I honestly don't want to buy a second Destiny model. It's just too expensive for another one, and a waste for just the wings so I was thinking I could use styrene board. Only problem... where can I find this stuff?
auriga

You can always use the extra parts for other builds, lol.

Styrene? Check out your local hobby shop. If that doesn't work, you may want to try out shops that make signs.
eonwarrior

Well, I got my Destiny model today. And... I built it. >.< I took a better look at the model now that it was here, and I really liked the design. So, I'm dumping the project for now. But, this romp into the Seed Universe has pequed my interest in collecting more models. I find them to be really good quality. ^_^ It'll just be a while before I decide what my next model will be. Maybe the Owashi Akatsuki, Strike Noir and Astray Gold Frame.