Gundam Wing Model Kits

Discuss models, figures, Blu-rays and more.
Kiggz

Gundam Wing Model Kits

Hey every 1 just want to know this 1 question how many model kits are there for gundam Wing so far i have seen.... All the main Gundams , Leo, Taurus,Serpent, Virgo 1, Aeris,one of the maguanac core units, tallgese,

I was wondering is there kits for these mobile suits

WF-02MD (OZ-03MD/OZ-02MD2/WF-03MD) Virgo II
OZ-04MD Virgo³
OZ-02MD Virgo
OZ-07MS Tragos
OZ-14MS Gundam Aquarius
OZ-08MMS Cancer
OZ-09MMS Pisces
OZ-16MSX-D Scorpio
WMS-03 Maganac Abdul Custom
WMS-03 Maganac Ahmad Custom
WMS-03 Maganac Auda Custom
WMS-03 Maganac Rashid Custom
WMS-04 Olifant

I searched for some of them on HLJ but no luck even for the aeris and a few other that i know they had but when i searched they did not come up so i know atleast 1 of these on my list has a kit i didnt know about any info would help.

I have not seen kits for any of these suits except for the OZ-14MS Gundam Aquarius which had a SD kit which i dont care for sadly if anyone has info on if any of these suits have kits i would be grateful i looked i have seen one of the Virgos but not all of them i hope someone will have details on some of these if they are kits thanks
Mark064

No for the AU's minus SEED/D grunt units were largely ignored. The only kind of kit you'd find is a resin kit which is probably out of production now and very expensive.
Kiggz

Thats what i was asuming do you know where i mite be able to pick up some of these resin kits i know they are discontiued....

Is there a collection list for the Gundam Wing resin kits ?
turkishproverb

Kiggz wrote:Thats what i was asuming do you know where i mite be able to pick up some of these resin kits i know they are discontiued....

Is there a collection list for the Gundam Wing resin kits ?
there were also a couple in the Limited model line you could look for
Join Zeon: Victory by 0080
Ascension wrote:
turkishproverb wrote:Unless your Joe Quesada.
:lol: Ahh, Quesada. He is to comic book fans what Fukuda is to Gundam fans.
Nimrod

Kiggz wrote:Thats what i was asuming do you know where i mite be able to pick up some of these resin kits i know they are discontiued....
Give this thread a look as it has tons of shops listed that could have it but given that they're discontinued I'm thinking you best bet would be ebay or an anime con.

You never know what the dealers may have.
Kiggz

I dont thinks anyone knows where to get them i cant belive they are that rare i hope they make a re-issue of these kits :(
Nimrod

Kiggz wrote:I dont thinks anyone knows where to get them i cant belive they are that rare i hope they make a re-issue of these kits :(
You give up way too quickly.

Have some patience and try waiting and/or hunting them down rather than giving up because you can't find them in 5 minutes.
Kiggz

I never said i was giving up im gonna look for these until i find atleast some of them i just wish the re issued so i could pay for them all at the same time.

They seem hard to find i have asked on many forums no 1 has any idea at most sites but i am shure they will show up sooner or later i guess the reason they are so hard to find is becasue they are fairly old.

I would even buy someone else kit that is already made just so i could have it in my collection if someone was selling.
vaKuz

According to your list, it is very hard or even impossible to find any of those MS. Firstly, there's not much demand for it. Echoing the earlier replies, resin kits are your best bet now. I don't think Bandai is gonna re-issue those kits anytime soon. With the upcoming Gundam 00 merchandise, it's gonna take years i think. Best is to just wait and keep on asking around. Even the smallest clue will make a difference. Patience.

Heck, look at me, I'm aiming to collect every single RGM in model kit form, not likely tht's gonna happen right? I know how you feel mate :wink:
Knowledge is limited, but imagination is unlimited

"When you kill a man, it is a tragedy. When you kill 10 million, it is a statistic" - Joseph Stalin, C&C Red Alert
Kiggz

I understand what your saying i know this is going to take me a very long time but the main problem is i dont know where to start looking i have tryed almost all mecha sites and no luck but still i am shure eventualy if i keep asking around i will find one of these.

I almost found a Leo but i was to late...

I have been looking for the taurus for 2 years now and no luck at all it make me wonder if there is even 1 of these kits that is not built yet in exsistence
neolordmaxwell

catch is that even if you keep asking at EVERY mecha site, you'll still be unlikely to find them. That's more or less due to the fact that these resin kits have been out of production for ten years now. Essentially it means that they don't exist anymore, so you'll NEVER find them.

You're one and only chance is the off hope that somebody will decide to auction one on ebay (VERY infrequent), or japanese auction sites like Yahoo Japan. There is a service called Rinkya that allows you to order an item off of a Yahoo Japan auction, but the upcharge will double or triple the items pricetag.

And remember that only the Leo and the Taurus will even be made out of plastic- those at least will be semi-snap together, naturally needing full painting. The rest will be cast resin, which will mean drilling, glueing and modification, in addition to a total paintjob.

The pricetag will be steep. I paid $35 recently just for the plastic 1/144 Leo- That's not bad for the LM plastic kits, these days. The resin kits will be anywhere from $75 to $300 at this point each.

Overall, good luck.
Kiggz

Wow you really got a Leo nice work any tips to where i could find any of the resin kits i really want a taurus and a Aeris could you give me some info where you found your kit or where i should start my search ?
neolordmaxwell

Like I said, you're only bet will be ebay or rinkya. The Leo was purchased from Rinkya, and of all of the OZ suits you could find it will be your best bet.

It's an actual bandai model kit from the Limited Model series, which was used to put out limited run kits for series or units that bandai figured would have a small short term market. It was used extensively for evangelion, before that series' popularity made them decide to produce High Grade kits, and it was also used for the only three plastic model kits ever made for escaflowne.

A small number of gundam kits were also made, including a handfull of badguys from Wing and X, and the Ball from 08th MS team. most of these are solid plastic kits with few to no polycaps.

Fortunatly, the two LM models made for Wing actually did have full posability, using the same polycap set as the 1/144 wing kits themselves. Unfortunatly, they are still quite rare, so expect to pay upwards of $20 for a kit that will still be quite crappy. The leo has very little movement and is cast in a single color, which is an overly dark green. They also made a non transforming Taurus, molded in pure white.

These two pop up infrequently, but they're going to be your best bet. ALL other wing kits apart from the standard line will be resin kits, which are absolutly not reccomended unless you are a very experienced modeler.
Kiggz

Thats for the info rinkya is the site you talked about how often do these kits come up on there have you ever seen any of the resins at all ?

Is there any special keywords you used when you conducted search.
neolordmaxwell

You'll have to type in Gundam Wing and wade through about two hundred pages of results. I can't say how often the resins come up, I've seen one once or twice, though.
Kiggz

thanks for the tips i think it mite be easier to get a model maker to remake a few of these i know i will be able to find some of them but other such as the Aeris are close to impossible