Regular Model Building Routines and Design Preferences

Discuss models, figures, Blu-rays and more.
Deus EpS Machina

Regular Model Building Routines and Design Preferences

I was wondering about the regular routines and practices you folks follow when building models. What i mean by this is, stuff you love to do to every kit you make, changes, etc.

For example, one of the things i always do is make sure the black areas on the model are painted to flat black. This doesnt always apply to black, but also dark colours that are close enough to black that the change is possible, for example, dark purple or navy blue.

Since the head design must look great i do many things to make sure the head and face are just perfect.

I always paint the eyes in myself as aside from the ver ka. eye proprtions, most model kits have horrible designs and stickers that are usually in credibly large (MG Freedom for example). The smaller, thinner and sharper the eyes are, the more badass it looks.

Another thing is the area right below the eyes. I always add red 'mascara' to that area for the looks.
See: http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y207/E ... s/FC_5.jpg

I also make minor changes to the beard to make sure its sharper. With the MG Ex-S, i was sure to make it longer and thinner as the original was very soft.

Feet colours always tend to match the torso's main colour for me, as i love it that way for some odd reason. Example: Freedom, GP03, etc.

Well, lets hear 'em. What do you all seem to do quite often?
Nyan nyan nyan nyan ni hao nyan!~~~
Wedge14

Something i like to do is something i think they call candy coating....

I like to spray down some metallic colors first either with my brush or a spray can depending on how the stars are arranged.

Then i panel line, using a wash technique with usually testor's enamels.

Then i toss on a clear coat. Followed by some future.

I tend to have unsteady hands and a stubborn urge not to buy snippers so i usually have alot of scratches and gouges and stuff to repair on my kits. :?
RPG Trinary:Creepy Zeon Magician

I'm cool, just ask anybody.

Oh and check out the RPG Section!