About MG Z-gundam version 1 Mega Cannon

Discuss models, figures, Blu-rays and more.
jnhchan

About MG Z-gundam version 1 Mega Cannon

I am building the Z-gundam version 1.0. However, when i read the instruction book, it does not say anything how to put the Mega Cannon into the hand. Anyone know how to do it as there are three handle on the Cannon
Metal Legend
Location: Going all Reservoir Dogs on Kira in a warehouse in London

LOL! The handle on the under side is for the right hand/ the trigger hand while the handles either side (only one is used at one time) are for support.

Pop onto Dalong.net if your having any probs.

Tried to get pics but Dalong dosn't seem to allow you to URL his pics :(

Hope it helps : )
Sometimes the appropriate response to reality is to go insane - Philip k. Dick
Duo

Dalog.net's Zeta gundam Ver 1/0 review:
http://www.dalong.net/review/mg/m05/m05_p.htm

Only relevant pic I can find of it holding the Mega Cannon is about hlaf way down the page, before the Transformation section.
"TAG ALONG ON MY JOURNEY INTO HELL!"
"Momma said real men don't cry..."
"The God of Death is Back from Hell!"
-Duo Maxwell - Shinigami
neolordmaxwell

Ahh, the hyper mega cannon from the V.1 Zeta Gundam... It's fairly infamous at this point, and the answer to your question isn't going to be one you want to hear.

Basicly, it's hard to get him to hold it because it's almost physically imposssible. The joints were not designed with the capacity to bear the weight of that gun, and the hands sets were not designed to hold onto it. It's little more than a prop, unless you want to glue your zeta into a fixed pose.

With modifications it might be possiblefor you to get him to hold it, but the stock kit can only hold it in a shotguy position supported by the other arm if you brace the butt of the gun by the suits torso, and then it's a very fragile pose.
Deus EpS Machina

Its generally a problem with the kits i have that have giant cannons. The joints on the hands/arms/trigger just simply suck. Wing Zero Custom is anther example as the twin buster rifles are reduced to just glorified walking sticks
Nyan nyan nyan nyan ni hao nyan!~~~
jnhchan

If the hand cannot hold it. What is that cannon for... It takes me an hour to sand the thing.... What a waste of time..
artmaster079

It's much easier for the Zeta 2.0 to hold its cannon, guess they learned from their mistakes?
**Member of Mecha Talk since June 2006**

essentially, the cannon is there in case you desided you wanted to glue your Zeta into place. The logic being that it might not be directly usable, but it's better to have it than not. Rather not unlike having a standing pilot figure for your MG. It's just there to be an extra, really.

That having been said, you might yet be able to modify your zeta's arm to give it the strength needed to hold it. Major areas to improve would then be the shoulder joint, elbow to a degree, and a replacement hand set. The hands included with the V-1 Zeta are simply terrible.