Life after 100: the Hopes and Future of Master Grade

Discuss models, figures, Blu-rays and more.
saneman

-Crossbone X-2 (If I recall, it shares a lot of the parts of the X-1, right?)
It would need a new head, as well as X-2 beam luncher. X-2 Kai needs more remolds
You know, doing what is right is easy. The problem is knowing what is right.
~ Lyndon B. Johnson
tajisdurmin

SNT1 wrote:Most of you guys seem to want AU, AC and victory kits. Am I the only one here who supports the 0080-0083 awesomeness of Dom Tropens, Powered-GMs, GM Command, NT1 and Quel 2.0s? (ok, so Quel is maybe a bit after 0083.) These guys would be awesome as MGs!
Dom Tropen? Dra-C FTW...no other machine demonstrates just how badly Zeon can be beaten yet still continue to fight and look cool doing it.

And while I'm wishing for things that will never happen, if Bandai does revisit 0083 in something other than resin I'd kill for an MG Xamel.
Koshernova

mcred23 wrote:
yukikaze wrote:yea, why would you think we need a new guncannon?
'Cause if Bandai was to do the Operation V trio, they'd probably do new versions of the Gundam and Guncannon (And simply a version of the Guntank, which is what led to this) as a part of it, even if the so-called 'new' versions really don't have many changes made to them.
You wouldn't need a new Guncannon for that. They didn't do a new Guncannon for the HGUC Operation V set, and it was one of the first models in that line. So yeah. I can see them just repackaging the MGs with new decals. The question there is which is the RX-78 version they'll pick?
saneman

You wouldn't need a new Guncannon for that. They didn't do a new Guncannon for the HGUC Operation V set, and it was one of the first models in that line. So yeah. I can see them just repackaging the MGs with new decals. The question there is which is the RX-78 version they'll pick?
At this point? I'd guess the 1.0, best way to get extra $$ out of the mold
~ Lyndon B. Johnson
Samster

saneman wrote:At this point? I'd guess the 1.0, best way to get extra $$ out of the mold
I think they've stretched that as far as they can go with the variants and GM, not to mention it being the first MG. They'd be crazy to go with anything but the MG OYW RX-78 in an Operation V set, save for a new model that is.
She's right Marge, the pants are a dead giveaway.
BlackOpsElf

I was wondering recently... how long is it going to take for Bandai to release a new Jagd Doga kit? The CCA designs are reputed to be fan favorites, yet all we have seen in MG so far are the Nu, Hi Nu, Sazabi, and the ReGZ. You'd think such a well-received UC feature would have generated more contemporary merchandise. It wouldn't be too hard to milk 2 kits out of the design; one for Quess, and one for Gyunei.

Speaking of which, anyone lucky enough to have the Hi Nu? It looks gorgeous!
Mark064

Don't even wonder stuff like that you are just wasting everything. If it happens it'll happen when it happens. There is no possible way to even remotely guess something like that at all. And any kind of guess is literally a shot in the dark. For example I can say "It's going to the be the kit for October 2007" that guess is no more accurate of a guess then anyones else guess of say "July 2009".

No one at all knows or even understands the way Bandai's MG decision team works. Brief guesses can be made based on a few factors but that's kind of rare and involves stuff like "Oh the Zeta Movies are coming so Bandai will undoubtly make some MG Zeta stuff to cash in on this". But even then you can't really pin down a certain kit as I imagine fans were thinking MG The O.
saneman

Mark064 wrote:Don't even wonder stuff like that you are just wasting everything. If it happens it'll happen when it happens. There is no possible way to even remotely guess something like that at all. And any kind of guess is literally a shot in the dark. For example I can say "It's going to the be the kit for October 2007" that guess is no more accurate of a guess then anyones else guess of say "July 2009".

No one at all knows or even understands the way Bandai's MG decision team works. Brief guesses can be made based on a few factors but that's kind of rare and involves stuff like "Oh the Zeta Movies are coming so Bandai will undoubtly make some MG Zeta stuff to cash in on this". But even then you can't really pin down a certain kit as I imagine fans were thinking MG The O.
Half the fun of the fandom is guessing what will come out of it. I don't think it means much, as long as no one takes it too seriously...
~ Lyndon B. Johnson
BlackOpsElf

the original poster wrote:However you might think of Master Grade kits, they are obviously here for long time to come. So what do you think will be the developments for the future, what are your hopes?
Seems to me, wondering and guessing when things are going to come out is the purpose of this thread, unless I missed something. Wondering about when a kit of a mobile suit from a popular movie will come out doesn't seem to be off topic or wasting time...
CHASER

Personally, I'd like to see a MG ZAKU Phantom (or at least Warrior). The current 1/100 model isn't that great, with solid plastic tubes that pop out with every chance and hinder movement, not to mention that it comes with only one beam tomahawk. How I wish for one that had an actual pair, that can fit into the shields, and have something remotely similar to the Zaku 2.0 MG.

And the Red Frame. For a non-MG kit, that thing has some good posability already (better than the MG Strike Noir last time I tried).

And naturally like any sane person, a 2.0 Gouf Custom :shock: (though I can't even afford the old version >.<)
HellCat wrote:
ShadowCell wrote:I'm skipping this one if it's in suppository form, though. Like, I like Gundam, but not that friggin' much.
They decided against that because most Gundam fans already have something up their butt.
DarkUnicorn

Gaia Impulse MG and other Impulse MSV.
Dark Duel

Well, according to Gunota(http://aeug.blogspot.com/), MG101 is ZGMF-X42S Destiny Gundam.

Now, who wants to take a guess at what MG102 will be? Just to complete the set, I'd like IJ, but that's just me.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
CarbonStereoxide
Location: Starting an explosive party at Azadistan with Setsuna

I wish that the next MG 102 is...

TURN X!!!

or

V2 Assault-Buster Gundam!!!

or

Gundam X

or

Zeus Gundam :lol:
Kidou Senshi Gundam 00

"Celestial Being is the World's Finest Terrorist"- Tieria Erde

"Wanna Get High?"- Towelie

"I'll Dance in your Grave Tonight"-Hallelujah Haptism

"Mosque Closed, Party's Over!"- Lockon Stratos after shooting Ali-Al-Sarches
vaKuz

That's two SEED MS release in the 2007 MG line for the first time ever. Impressive indeed! I suddenly have this tingling sensation that an Akatsuki MG will take place in time, maybe not anytime soon but it may happen.

MG 102......I sure wish it'll be a long awaited and overdue UC Gundam (V/V2) or any MS. Then again, other AU stuff will happen as well I believe.
Knowledge is limited, but imagination is unlimited

"When you kill a man, it is a tragedy. When you kill 10 million, it is a statistic" - Joseph Stalin, C&C Red Alert
SNT1

vaKuz wrote:That's two SEED MS release in the 2007 MG line for the first time ever. Impressive indeed! I suddenly have this tingling sensation that an Akatsuki MG will take place in time, maybe not anytime soon but it may happen.
hold your horses---Freedom and Strike Rouge in 2004, Strike IWSP and Strike Freedom in 2006. Not exactly the first time it happened.

Food for thought, we had 4 AU Master Grades in 2004 (add the 2 Wing MGs), that's 4 AUs out of 10 that year. In 2002, we had 3 AUs out of 12 (Master, Shining, Spiegel). This year, so far, We have 3 AUs out of 8.
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
vaKuz

SNT1 wrote:
vaKuz wrote:That's two SEED MS release in the 2007 MG line for the first time ever. Impressive indeed! I suddenly have this tingling sensation that an Akatsuki MG will take place in time, maybe not anytime soon but it may happen.
hold your horses---Freedom and Strike Rouge in 2004, Strike IWSP and Strike Freedom in 2006. Not exactly the first time it happened.

Food for thought, we had 4 AU Master Grades in 2004 (add the 2 Wing MGs), that's 4 AUs out of 10 that year. In 2002, we had 3 AUs out of 12 (Master, Shining, Spiegel). This year, so far, We have 3 AUs out of 8.
Lol, you are right, I so totally forgotten about those releases of Rouge and IWSP cause' they resembles to the original Strike so much that I overlooked.

"When you kill a man, it is a tragedy. When you kill 10 million, it is a statistic" - Joseph Stalin, C&C Red Alert
saneman

I didn't expect Destiny this fast... but good news for SEED fans.

You know, I wonder if we will get one more AU design out this year (too much to hope for?)
~ Lyndon B. Johnson
lobster

They better do it now or never. SEED support may run out of steam soon.
Bandai = most environmentally friendly toy maker???

"Reuse that runner 100 times!"
vaKuz

It's good to see some SEED action in the MG line. Let the SEED fans enjoy for now......then it'll be back to the good ol' UC awesomeness :lol:

auriga

I'd wish they don't focus too much on SEED. There are other deserving AUs out there as well, like Wing (which, despite its popularity, only managed to cough up 1 official design and 1 variation) and most notably X (which has nil MG appearances).

Though I have to admit, I'm really happy that Destiny was chosen to start the new 100 (take that, Strike Freedom!!!), but I just hope that justice is served... Pun really unintended, lol! Seriously, if there's anything that deserves to be MG'ed from the CE, is the Justice line. Too much Kira love is making me puke.