panel lines Grey, or black?

Discuss models, figures, Blu-rays and more.
~SEED~

panel lines Grey, or black?

^^^^^^
should i panel line destiny (to practice) in grey or black, impulse also.

Thanks,
~SEED~
I look back at old posts and sigh as I see how freakin immature i was...
Lert

Try either and see which you like better ? It's not an exact science, you know. :)
Be alert. The world needs more Lerts.
Xanatos11

Its a good idea to try either, but also consider the suit. More colorful suits (like Destiny and Impulse... or any Gundam from Seed/Destiny really) I think look better with black lines, while the more mundane suits (grunts 'n such) sometimes look better I grey. generally speaking I use black because its more "universal" if you will, but you should find out for yourself.
Kokopelli

Usually I use black when I'm going for a more anime look since the bold lines are seen in animation to make them sstand out. Grey is better for a more realistic look since you don't see a patchwork of panels when you look at a fighter.
James E. 'ZEE' Doyle

I don't think black panel lines ever look good, especially when applied with a pen; just too stark and obnoxious. The only exception is on dark colors, and even there I think there are more attractive alternatives.
Xanatos11

James E. 'ZEE' Doyle wrote:I don't think black panel lines ever look good, especially when applied with a pen; just too stark and obnoxious. The only exception is on dark colors, and even there I think there are more attractive alternatives.
Like what? What do you like?
James E. 'ZEE' Doyle

For whites or other extremely light colors, either a cool or warm darkish grey depending on the base color and desired effect. For medium colors I like a darkened shade of that color. For dark colors, either off-black or a lighter dirty/muddy color, again depending on the effect desired.

My quick-n-dirty approach, however, is dark grey for all light and medium colors, and black for all dark colors and deep details such as thrusters.
Metal Legend
Location: Going all Reservoir Dogs on Kira in a warehouse in London

I use both on my kits for differnet areas:

i.e: My HG Gouf Custom - Grey on the light blue areas and black on the darker blues.
Sometimes the appropriate response to reality is to go insane - Philip k. Dick