Air brush compressor

Discuss models, figures, Blu-rays and more.
Ander

Air brush compressor

I have 1 unuse air brush compressor for 10 years, if I want to use it, what should I do? it is a Sil-Air type but not sure what model it is.
please help
Regards,

Ander
lalahsghost

I am not too knowledgeable on the subject, but this information is impossible:

Is it an oil-less air compressor or one that relies on parts needing oil? Why am I asking this? Well, if it needs oil lubricant, starting it up after ten years may be very detrimental to the pieces that make it run. Also, do you have a filter on the hose/tank? I assume that pieces or the tank itself *COULD POSSIBLY* oxidise, and spit some of that stuff out, which would be bad also. Other than all of this, just wait for some pros to talk about this stuff, or contact a retailer of air compressors to see what they say. I hope this helps
Ander

lalahsghost wrote:I am not too knowledgeable on the subject, but this information is impossible:

Is it an oil-less air compressor or one that relies on parts needing oil? Why am I asking this? Well, if it needs oil lubricant, starting it up after ten years may be very detrimental to the pieces that make it run. Also, do you have a filter on the hose/tank? I assume that pieces or the tank itself *COULD POSSIBLY* oxidise, and spit some of that stuff out, which would be bad also. Other than all of this, just wait for some pros to talk about this stuff, or contact a retailer of air compressors to see what they say. I hope this helps
Many thanks for your info, how do I know if it is type of oil lubricant? I think it is better I post some photo here for a clear picture. Too bad the retailer is no longer here :(

please tell me how to post a photo here, thanks. :oops:

Mod Edit (Red): Please don't double post when you can edit.
Regards,

Ander