Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Discussion » Modeling and Merchandise




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 264 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Author Message
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:54 pm 
Offline
Lackey GM Pilot

Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:39 pm
Posts: 71
SNT1 wrote:
^It's usually about $10-11 shipping for something of that size, but I haven't shopped there since they raise their prices stupid high about a year ago while Gundam Store and More lowered theirs.

That's pretty much what I'm saying. It seems like their prices are just marked up for more profit per item. The shipping is reasonable I guess (read: not over $20), but the actual price of the item- $50 for an NG 1/100 -makes it seem impractical. Granted, you can't even get an estimate without your home address and full name at GSM, but their shipping can't be much more than that and the item is just cheaper. I'd love to say "But at least AI has a store I can just go to", but I live on the other side of the continent. I just don't see the benefit.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:13 pm 
Offline
Traitor Villain
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2006 1:29 am
Posts: 4536
Well, if it works for them, it works for them.

They still do have a selling point: They get the new stuff a lot faster than GSaM. As in, days after HLJ or any Japanese sites get them for sale online. If you live in the USA and needs a new item rightnao, you'd actually get the item faster than HLJ with EMS, and cheaper. HLJ/w EMS still takes about 2 weeks, after all. Though, Hobbywave gets their stuff not too far behind after imageanime and has significantly lower prices.

I'm a pretty patient guy so I shop at GSaM most of the time, though sometimes I go hobbylince if I need to buy some model supplies along with kits.

_________________
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:47 pm 
Offline
Lackey GM Pilot

Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:39 pm
Posts: 71
SNT1 wrote:
Well, if it works for them, it works for them.

They still do have a selling point: They get the new stuff a lot faster than GSaM. As in, days after HLJ or any Japanese sites get them for sale online. If you live in the USA and needs a new item rightnao, you'd actually get the item faster than HLJ with EMS, and cheaper. HLJ/w EMS still takes about 2 weeks, after all. Though, Hobbywave gets their stuff not too far behind after imageanime and has significantly lower prices.

I'm a pretty patient guy so I shop at GSaM most of the time, though sometimes I go hobbylince if I need to buy some model supplies along with kits.

I wonder if it's worth making a chart to compare all the major shops, using a 1/144 HG, a 1/100 NG, a full-inner-frame MG, and a PG? Is the exchange rate stable enough, do you think? If it was of any worth it'd be nice to have around on these kinds of boards.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:09 pm 
Offline
Creepy Bishonen
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2006 11:21 pm
Posts: 154
Location: University of Nebraska at Omaha
I've been a big fan of buying from GundamStoreAndMore for a long while now. They've been excellent with Shipping Time, Prices, and selection. My only complaint is that it takes them a long time to get newly released Gunpla (personally, I'm waiting for the Zaku II F2 HGUC kits). Is there a better place with the same features I like about GSAM with a better selection? Or am I better off being patient and keep ordering from GSAM?

_________________
Visit the Gundam 00 Forums and the Titans Test Team Arc


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:00 pm 
Offline
Traitor Villain
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2006 1:29 am
Posts: 4536
Hobbywave.com has it for $18.95 plus $10 flat rate shipping to NA. GSaM would probably have it for around $17+shipping once they get it.

_________________
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:45 pm 
Offline
Cardboard Leo Ace

Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:39 pm
Posts: 37
Location: Buffalo, NY
Did anybody else take advantage of HLJ's free express shipping sale this week? I managed to scoop up almost all the HGUC Unicorn kits and not have to pay shipping, which makes me feel like I stole the Kshatriya with how high the shipping estimate is for that beast!

BTW, I have used GS&M, HobbyWave, and HLJ and have never had problems from any of them. Often I use Hobbywave as a last resort since their prices are higher on the kits themselves, but they routinely get new stock and restock items quicker than the Michigan based GS&M. For example, I bought my Sazabi and Nu from Hobbywave when GS&M was out of stock, and now I'm already contemplating getting my HGUC ZZ from Hobbywave since they'll have it domestically on August 1 for only $10 shipping, and are currently listing it only about $2 higher than HLJ's preorder. Also, if you order from Hobbywave, you can take advantage of the store credit you accrue if you are constantly buying kits. In the old days when HLJ used to use UPS international, I would wait until I wanted a boatload of kits and just order them all at once, since there was a flat $20 or so shipping rate no matter the size of your order. Now with their variable rates, it's almost easier to just wait until domestic online retailers get their stock.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:57 pm 
Offline
Defender of DESTINY
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:50 pm
Posts: 196
Location: St. Louis MO
Antkowiak wrote:
Did anybody else take advantage of HLJ's free express shipping sale this week? I managed to scoop up almost all the HGUC Unicorn kits and not have to pay shipping, which makes me feel like I stole the Kshatriya with how high the shipping estimate is for that beast!


I picked a Master Grade kit I don't have yet and the Vent Saviour from Gundam Seed vs Astray since the were giving it away for 16 bucks. Good deal but wow I'm glad I got it when I did the free shipping sale was over in just over 24 hours!

_________________
Xbox Live, Playstation Network, and Twitter : Jabman025
and check out my gunpla reviews on youtube http://www.youtube.com/user/jabman025


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:05 pm 
Offline
Cardboard Leo Ace

Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:39 pm
Posts: 37
Location: Buffalo, NY
I got really lucky with the sale. They definitely sold out of their free shipping "stock" because it was declared over before the end of the sale period. Not bad considering I made my order on roughly June 9 Japan time.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:13 am 
Offline
AEUG Slapping Boy
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2007 10:22 pm
Posts: 140
I just stumbled across a new store that seems to have alot of hard to find GFF figures. THey're called http://www.csanime.com/ Has anyone shopped with them before? Are they good?

_________________
Things never to say/ask on MAHQ:

Did Char and Amuro Really die?
I think Wing is better than UC.
Really, are Char and Amuro Dead?
Gundam Seed Destiny was a great show, better than Turn A!
Where can I find Gundam hentai?
Seriously people, did Char and Amuro die or not!?


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:41 pm 
Offline
Mecha Flunky
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:37 pm
Posts: 2
Location: USA
I was wondering if anybody has bought from toy-wave.com? Sorry if it has already been posted, I have bad memory lol.

I want to buy MSIa form them but am unsure if they are legit or not. Same thing with Hobbywave.com

Thanks,
gundamcollector

_________________
"Blame this on the misfortune of your birth" -- Char Aznable

Check out my YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/gundamcolle ... ature=mhum


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:28 am 
Offline
AEUG Slapping Boy
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2007 10:22 pm
Posts: 140
gundamcollector wrote:
I was wondering if anybody has bought from toy-wave.com? Sorry if it has already been posted, I have bad memory lol.

I want to buy MSIa form them but am unsure if they are legit or not. Same thing with Hobbywave.com

Thanks,
gundamcollector


Yeah I've bought from them, they're kinda expensive nut their shipping is very reasonable, especially their speedpost

_________________
Things never to say/ask on MAHQ:

Did Char and Amuro Really die?
I think Wing is better than UC.
Really, are Char and Amuro Dead?
Gundam Seed Destiny was a great show, better than Turn A!
Where can I find Gundam hentai?
Seriously people, did Char and Amuro die or not!?


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:18 pm 
Offline
Mecha Flunky
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:37 pm
Posts: 2
Location: USA
Hi_Nu_Gundam wrote:
gundamcollector wrote:
I was wondering if anybody has bought from toy-wave.com? Sorry if it has already been posted, I have bad memory lol.

I want to buy MSIa form them but am unsure if they are legit or not. Same thing with Hobbywave.com

Thanks,
gundamcollector


Yeah I've bought from them, they're kinda expensive nut their shipping is very reasonable, especially their speedpost

All right cool, thanks man :)

_________________
"Blame this on the misfortune of your birth" -- Char Aznable

Check out my YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/gundamcolle ... ature=mhum


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:38 pm 
Offline
Lackey GM Pilot
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2010 10:54 pm
Posts: 87
Anyone know what's up with Gundamstoreandmore's inventory? I know it usually takes them longer to update with new products, but this is getting a bit ridiculous already.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 4:00 am 
Offline
Lackey GM Pilot
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2010 10:54 pm
Posts: 87
Just recieved a facebook message from Gundamstoreandmore, that they are updating their stock on 11/30.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:27 am 
Offline
Elitist Earth Politician
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2007 11:41 pm
Posts: 797
HLJ now have new price tag for all Bandai products. Check it out guys. ;)


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:04 am 
Offline
Mecha Flunky

Joined: Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:32 am
Posts: 2
I placed an order with robot4less.com and I would not suggest ordering from them.

When I placed my order there was no notice about them moving. Then they ran out of stock of something I ordered that showed in stock. The site was never updated to show it was ever out of stock after the order as well. I was told by Saki my order would ship on 1/12 with or without it and they would make a separate shipment when it came in if need. That didn't happen. Saki said the boss didn't OK it and the boss never took the time to email me with an update. I was told by Saki that he was supposed to email me with an update but didn't. No reason why, just didn't. Then Saki told me my order would ship on 1/17, that didn't happen either. Then Saki blamed UPS for not processing the order when they took it to the UPS facility. I called UPS they said they only got the package on 1/19, they picked it up at Robot4less's store front, and processed it that day. When I called to talk to a manager all I got was some giggling stoner. I placed this order on 12/30 and it's going to be 5 days short of a month to get to me.

I would also like to say that I had to initiate every conversation. Not once did they tell me my order would be delayed or ask me what I wanted. I had to complain to them to get any answers at all and every single time they said they would do something they didn't.

If you want to waste your time and have employees lie to you then this will be the place to order from. If you don't then there are many other stores you can order from that have real customer service and professional employees/management.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:46 pm 
Offline
Mysterious Masked Dude
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 4:28 am
Posts: 583
Location: HRL southern area, West Java
Just a news about Hobbylink Japan after massive earthquake on Friday:
http://collectiondx.com/gallery2/gallery/d/573632-3/hlj.jpg
http://collectiondx.com/gallery2/gallery/d/573633-3/hlj2.jpg
Pictures fromCollectionDX

The office and warehouse are messed up. Anyone waiting for a shipment from HLJ?

_________________
I have no signature except a shameless plug for my own blog


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Wed May 04, 2011 12:37 pm 
Offline
Pilot's Doomed Girlfriend
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:36 pm
Posts: 369
Location: Los Angeles, CA
extrazero8 wrote:
I placed an order with robot4less.com and I would not suggest ordering from them.

When I placed my order there was no notice about them moving. Then they ran out of stock of something I ordered that showed in stock. The site was never updated to show it was ever out of stock after the order as well. I was told by Saki my order would ship on 1/12 with or without it and they would make a separate shipment when it came in if need. That didn't happen. Saki said the boss didn't OK it and the boss never took the time to email me with an update. I was told by Saki that he was supposed to email me with an update but didn't. No reason why, just didn't. Then Saki told me my order would ship on 1/17, that didn't happen either. Then Saki blamed UPS for not processing the order when they took it to the UPS facility. I called UPS they said they only got the package on 1/19, they picked it up at Robot4less's store front, and processed it that day. When I called to talk to a manager all I got was some giggling stoner. I placed this order on 12/30 and it's going to be 5 days short of a month to get to me.

I would also like to say that I had to initiate every conversation. Not once did they tell me my order would be delayed or ask me what I wanted. I had to complain to them to get any answers at all and every single time they said they would do something they didn't.

If you want to waste your time and have employees lie to you then this will be the place to order from. If you don't then there are many other stores you can order from that have real customer service and professional employees/management.


That's too bad, I've ordered multiple items from robot4less thru amazon.com and received everything in a timely fashion, then I found out its a local store to me and the service at the physical store was quite good.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Wed May 04, 2011 12:52 pm 
Offline
Pilot's Doomed Girlfriend
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:36 pm
Posts: 369
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Searched this thread and didn't see it posted, anyone tried this site for ordering?

www.gundamplanet.com/

seems like decent selection & prices but no ideas what their customer service is like


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Thu May 19, 2011 1:50 am 
Offline
Mecha Flunky

Joined: Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:32 am
Posts: 2
kayone73 wrote:
extrazero8 wrote:
I placed an order with robot4less.com and I would not suggest ordering from them.

When I placed my order there was no notice about them moving. Then they ran out of stock of something I ordered that showed in stock. The site was never updated to show it was ever out of stock after the order as well. I was told by Saki my order would ship on 1/12 with or without it and they would make a separate shipment when it came in if need. That didn't happen. Saki said the boss didn't OK it and the boss never took the time to email me with an update. I was told by Saki that he was supposed to email me with an update but didn't. No reason why, just didn't. Then Saki told me my order would ship on 1/17, that didn't happen either. Then Saki blamed UPS for not processing the order when they took it to the UPS facility. I called UPS they said they only got the package on 1/19, they picked it up at Robot4less's store front, and processed it that day. When I called to talk to a manager all I got was some giggling stoner. I placed this order on 12/30 and it's going to be 5 days short of a month to get to me.

I would also like to say that I had to initiate every conversation. Not once did they tell me my order would be delayed or ask me what I wanted. I had to complain to them to get any answers at all and every single time they said they would do something they didn't.

If you want to waste your time and have employees lie to you then this will be the place to order from. If you don't then there are many other stores you can order from that have real customer service and professional employees/management.


That's too bad, I've ordered multiple items from robot4less thru amazon.com and received everything in a timely fashion, then I found out its a local store to me and the service at the physical store was quite good.


I'm sure they are friendly in person. When you're able to buy what they have in stock at their store front there should not be an issue. My problem started when they took orders for product they didn't have and made promises they had no intention of keeping. The person I had the most contact with, Saki, had no authority to deliver on anything he said and made no business related decisions.

I know most people roll their eyes when they see a comment like this but I think it needs to be said. I have worked in customer service for over a decade and I know when I'm being blown off. I did eventually get to talk to their owner and I got the feeling this is a joke business to him. The owner didn't give a damn about my order or how long I had been waiting for it. He doesn't take his business very seriously and it shows.

Just to let you know my order was for over $100 and it was my first time ordering with them. I did not ask for anything other than what I ordered but was offered "added value" to keep my business. None of that "added value" ever turned up. This was thanks to Saki having the duty of talking to customers but not having the ability to actually do anything.

So if anyone is unsure about ordering from them I would advise you to order from anyone else. Don't waste your money on some moron's little party venture.


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 264 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Board index » Discussion » Modeling and Merchandise


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

 
 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: