Best sites to buy Gunpla/MSiA / information

Discuss models, figures, Blu-rays and more.
thanatos

NastyNate wrote:So I guess MSIA or any other action figure company has ever made a victory gundam or gundam x figures? :cry:
There's the Gundam X Fix figure, which I plan on getting, and Victory had some sort of "MS In Pocket" series that looked awful.
So no MSiAs technically, which is a shame for the X mobile suits. With F91 or Victory, the problem is that those MS are much smaller than those in other series. So if they want to maintain a certain constancy in terms of scale, you'd end up with tiny little MSiAs of Victory MS, which is why they made the MS In Pocket line with its own scale.
G-Slayer
Location: In the fridge, behind the mayonnaise, next to the ketchup, and to the left of the coleslaw.

I guess there's always HCM Pros; they're about the right scale, right?
"That's it! I'll never Gundam the pilot again, Bright!"--Amuro Ray

My YouTube Channel!

My Photobucket Album!

My Gunpla Blog!
fala_fire

What is wrong with these prices?

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_?url= ... am&x=0&y=0
Strike freedom Full burst for 95 CENTS?!
This looks like some scam, but the store has good ratings.
lobster

fala_fire wrote:What is wrong with these prices?

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_?url= ... am&x=0&y=0
Strike freedom Full burst for 95 CENTS?!
This looks like some scam, but the store has good ratings.
It reads $84.98 to me, or did they just fix it?
Bandai = most environmentally friendly toy maker???

"Reuse that runner 100 times!"
fala_fire

lobster wrote: It reads $84.98 to me, or did they just fix it?
Looks like they fixed them.
Oruma

edit: problem solved :D
Last edited by Oruma on Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"So...what does the Uncertainty Principle really mean?"
"Sorry, I'm not sure."
Shea

I just can't seem to find a site where I can find the
Gundam MSIA's and other action figures that were released in America.
Can someone help me?
One of the proud, the willing, and the seemingly growing number of... G-Saviour fanboys.
bowspearer

A while back I found a Gunpla site that mentioned a shop in Japan that people could go to get hold of replacement parts for a Gunpla kit. I was wondering if it was possible to order individual lots of GUNPLA parts from overseas as I've got a custom in my mind and I'd rather not fork out for multiple kits and wind up with a mountain of parts I wont use. If anyone can help me out, I'd appreciate it.
BrokenMagnum

I've seen a few people complain about buying Gunpla from places and having unsatisfactory results. Even though it has been mentioned, I feel like I should explicitly state something about Chargebacks.

A Chargeback is when you file a complaint with your bank or credit card company about credit fraud or a bad purchase. You file this complaint in order to get your money back. You should do this as soon as you feel that you've been gypped by someone. If you've received goods then you should return them. You should look into whoever you have as a bank/credit union about what they specifically cover and how much. This is really just some generic information about something I feel people should know about.
Holy Goggles- He's Possessed by Shaft, but you know He's Clean
"I have been tased one too many times by the Philadelphia Postal Police"- Joel White
mOONwOKA

Strong_Machine wrote: I don't think I've seen anyone mention treasure island sports in this thread (if so my apologies). I know they sell on ebay under the ID tisinc99 and there have been some mixed reviews about their service...BUT...i've ordered from their website http://www.tisinc99.com/ a couple of times already and not only found their price (for the particular item I was looking for) to be the cheapest on the net but, also they had some of the fastest shipping times I've ever encountered anywhere. They processed and shipped out my order within the same day and I received the kit in less than 48 hours...the real kicker is that I'm on the opposite coast from them.
Gah....I sound like a total shill but, whatever, they gave me outstanding service so I feel no shame in publicly give them some props.
It's strange, because i had completely opposite experience with this shop. Few months ago i was looking for couple of OOP bandai kits and found them all in tisinc99 shop. I immediately placed order for three (different) kits and the invoice total was around $65 (including about 30 bucks for shipping). Few days later i checked my account and found out that $75 has been withdrawn from my account, transaction being called "TREASUREISL something". I sent them e-mail, asking how can shipping cost 40 bucks, but never received a reply. Few more days later there was another withdrawal from account, this time about $40 and transaction called "PAYPAL something" (i don't use PayPal at all). I immediately raced to bank, blocked my account and changed credit card. When i got back home the same day, i found out, that transaction name somehow has changed into another "TREASUREISL something". So, there were two active transactions for the same purchase! I wrote another e-mail and again received no answer. After few weeks or so i received package with two (!) HG Murasames (i ordered one Murasame and two other kits). Not only they didn't answer my e-mails, they also unilateraly changed order without even bothering to inform me. By the way, the kits, that were not shipped, still were in stock long after this messy story, so there is no excuse to not ship them. Maybe others had better luck with this vendor, but i cannot reccomend them :evil:
The day is gray, the night is black and white.
Yuusha Tokkyu Might Gaine

Has anyone ever tried ordering from toywave.com?
Tell me bats, what are you really scared of? Failure to save this cesspool of a city? Not finding the Commissioner in time? Me, in a thong?-Joker Arkham Asylum

My father was a wheel! THE FIRST WHEEL! And you know what he transformed into?! NOTHING! But he did it with honor!-Jefire, Transformers 2
johnny46

For resin mecha and conversion part kit i strongly recommend http://www.e2046.com
yukikaze

mOONwOKA wrote:It's strange, because i had completely opposite experience with this shop. Few months ago i was looking for couple of OOP bandai kits and found them all in tisinc99 shop. I immediately placed order for three (different) kits and the invoice total was around $65 (including about 30 bucks for shipping). Few days later i checked my account and found out that $75 has been withdrawn from my account, transaction being called "TREASUREISL something". I sent them e-mail, asking how can shipping cost 40 bucks, but never received a reply. Few more days later there was another withdrawal from account, this time about $40 and transaction called "PAYPAL something" (i don't use PayPal at all). I immediately raced to bank, blocked my account and changed credit card. When i got back home the same day, i found out, that transaction name somehow has changed into another "TREASUREISL something". So, there were two active transactions for the same purchase! I wrote another e-mail and again received no answer. After few weeks or so i received package with two (!) HG Murasames (i ordered one Murasame and two other kits). Not only they didn't answer my e-mails, they also unilateraly changed order without even bothering to inform me. By the way, the kits, that were not shipped, still were in stock long after this messy story, so there is no excuse to not ship them. Maybe others had better luck with this vendor, but i cannot reccomend them :evil:
oh wow, thats quite the horror story you've got there. ive got some experince from them, they do tend to have pretty good prices on MG's, i bough 5 or 6 from them over the years.

they are located in southern california, it takes about a week between purchase and arrival back home in washington. the only problem i ever had with them was about 5 years ago when i bought a Zeta Plus C1 and the sent an A1. i contacted them and actually got a reply, i sent it back (at my own expense) and the C1 came a few days later.
Still waiting on that MG V2 Bandai...
Masa

what sites do u guys recommend for getting spruce cutter/nipper for the gundam runners?
Xiphas

Anyone know any good sites in Canada (preferably the Toronto area)? I found one : http://www.kctoysshop.com/. I contacted them, they can do some pick up delivery thing, which is interesting. They seem to be a legit site, however, they haven't gotten any new Gundam stuff in a while.

Xiphas wrote:Anyone know any good sites in Canada (preferably the Toronto area)? I found one : http://www.kctoysshop.com/. I contacted them, they can do some pick up delivery thing, which is interesting. They seem to be a legit site, however, they haven't gotten any new Gundam stuff in a while.
Xiphas, if you don't going out to actual stores, I'd suggest heading out to Anime X Tream, in the Spadina China Town. There slow at getting newer stuff in, but they have a lot of good prices.
Tell me bats, what are you really scared of? Failure to save this cesspool of a city? Not finding the Commissioner in time? Me, in a thong?-Joker Arkham Asylum

My father was a wheel! THE FIRST WHEEL! And you know what he transformed into?! NOTHING! But he did it with honor!-Jefire, Transformers 2
Momaru

I personally highly recommend Gundam Store and More. They are fast, cheap, and very friendly. Plus they have great customer service. For instance, I bought a st of water slide decals for my wing gundam ver. ka that I needed within a week for an upcoming model contest. Because of some processing/shipping problems on their end, they upgraded my shipping for free.
Tell me why, at this turning point in our history, must we fight amongst each other and further pollute the earth?
- Char Aznable, Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam

Momaru wrote:I personally highly recommend Gundam Store and More. They are fast, cheap, and very friendly. Plus they have great customer service. For instance, I bought a st of water slide decals for my wing gundam ver. ka that I needed within a week for an upcoming model contest. Because of some processing/shipping problems on their end, they upgraded my shipping for free.
Problem is: They don't ship to Canada.

plutoniumhunter

Hey guys, I recently shifted to Swityzerland... Are there any reliable n cheap sites that are around that region or do delivery to here?
" Age is a matter of the mind " - South Burning
skyknight

Yuusha Tokkyu Might Gaine wrote:Has anyone ever tried ordering from toywave.com?
Yes, I have used Toy-wave numerous times, but mainly for Zoids only, otherwise I shopped with Gundam store and more for most of my Gunpla/

I think Toy-wave do ship around the world, but you want to check with them, since they are based in Hong Kong.