Best sites to buy Gunpla/MSiA / information

Discuss models, figures, Blu-rays and more.
Kurando

lazidude999 wrote:
Kurando wrote:
lazidude999 wrote:gundamstoreandmore.com is a good place to buy markers and stuff.
They don't look so trustworthy.. How is their shipping and packaging? also how long would they take to ship generally?

Also, How does Hobby wave package stuff? UPS? I just don't want to receive damaged models.
http://www.gundamstoreandmore.com/index.html
www.hobbywave.com

Both should be good. Gundam store ships by ups and their packing is okay. I ordered a few times and things usually come in good condition. I get my stuff around a weeks time living in the west coast. For ordering a marker only, they ship it though first class mail.

Hobbywave ships via Fedex and from what I heard, they pack it pretty well. It ships about the same amount of time as gundam store. $10 shipping flat rate!
Gundamstore seems to update new stuff very slowly.. if at all anymore.
Last edited by Kurando on Sat Sep 06, 2008 11:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
lazidude999

I had one bad experience with UPS. My MG freedom came in a box that looked like it was sat on. The MG box inside was a little crushed, thank goodness the plastic kit itself was okay even though the box was damaged. Otherwise the rest of the times, it was good experience. I still would ship with UPS even with that experience.
Kurando

http://plamoya.com Has anybody bought from them?
Last edited by Kurando on Sat Sep 06, 2008 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
abrahamsen0

What's the best place to buy mecha from Super Robot Wars OG?
~SEED~

Dalongs review of the custom flag is here
http://www.dalong.net/review/00/0h07/0h07_p.htm
I look back at old posts and sigh as I see how freakin immature i was...
Kratos

Anyone know if water-apply decals for Perfect Grades are available? I have the GP-01, but all it has are stickers, which tend to looks kinda tacky...
GorFrag

anyone know a place that has Mr. Surfacer 500 in stock, preferably in the states but I'm not too picky. I've gone through most of the names already given in this topic.
Strong_Machine

GorFrag wrote:anyone know a place that has Mr. Surfacer 500 in stock, preferably in the states but I'm not too picky. I've gone through most of the names already given in this topic.
Maybe consider switching to Tamiya Liquid Surface Primer? They're pretty much the same thing.

http://www.hlj.com/product/TAM87075

EDIT: It looks like HLJ still has some MR. Surtfacer 500 in stock BTW. I know you said preferably in the states but, it's better than nothing.
Cerpin Taxt

Does anyone know where I can find an EMSIA MK-II gundam Titans Version?
Tallgeese III

i don't, but ebay is a pretty decent place to get some good gundams...im gonna sell some of my extra Gundam Wing figures there
Mega cannon....MEGA CANNON!!!!
Takechan

Hobby Plaza Bigman

Hi - I searched through most of rakuten in order to find shops who could ship to EU etc. I found one place which I then ordered 5 Gundam 1/100 and a marking set from. Everything went smooth and their service was supreme, but as expected shipping (EMS) wasn't exactly cheap heh.

[Top page]
http://www.rakuten.ne.jp/gold/mokeiyabigman/

[Gundam]
http://item.rakuten.co.jp/mokeiyabigman/c/0000000117/

[Prices, shipping etc.]
http://www.rakuten.co.jp/mokeiyabigman/info2.html
Montague

My first last and only attempt at ordering from Gundamshop.com, last April actually, resulted in a Master Grade GM Custom that never arrived and a customer service which never responded to my e-mails.

Gundam Store and More on the other hand was excellent, even calling my personal number when they came across an issue with billing. The issue was sorted out and I received my Zeta 2.0 just a few days later. For that they get my recommendation and much gratitude.
"I came to laugh at you."
~ - Quattro Bajeena - ~
SNT1

Gundamstoreandmore is awesome. They screwed up one of my orders* when I bought a load of Action Bases 1 one time (One of them was an Action Base 2), so I called them up and simple sent the correct Action Base 1 without charge/having to return the other Action Base. woot!

On the other hand, that's another -1 to Gundamshop, then.

*Hey, nothing's perfect, these things happen, but I ordered so many times from Gundamstoreandmore anyways and was always fast and correct, except for that one mistake, but they handled it pretty well.
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
Strong_Machine

I don't think you're going to find very many people these days who are going to have anything good to say about gundamshop.
Magnus

Just wanted to chime in that I've finally got the cash to get back into gunpla. After calculating total costs I decided to order from Rainbowten over hlj and I was very pleased with my choice. My order (3 MG kits) arrived by EMS only two daysafter I put my order in. I had some reservations about their stocklist layout and the manner in which to put in an order but every reply I got was in perfect english and they sent the exact kits I wanted so I don't expect any future issues unless responsibilities/management changes for the worse.

A++ for Rainbowten and I already have plans to order from them soon again.
lobster

Not sure if it's useful info for everyone but I just noticed the 1/48 R3 Layzner is 60% off on HLJ.

http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN945076

Which is about $16...
Bandai = most environmentally friendly toy maker???

"Reuse that runner 100 times!"
Gone Astray

SNT1 wrote:Gundamstoreandmore is awesome. They screwed up one of my orders* when I bought a load of Action Bases 1 one time (One of them was an Action Base 2), so I called them up and simple sent the correct Action Base 1 without charge/having to return the other Action Base. woot!

On the other hand, that's another -1 to Gundamshop, then.

*Hey, nothing's perfect, these things happen, but I ordered so many times from Gundamstoreandmore anyways and was always fast and correct, except for that one mistake, but they handled it pretty well.
I've had two mistakes from Gundamstore, and both times they very quickly addressed the problem and sent the right kits my way. The second time, though, they let me keep the 1/144 HG Strike they actually sent, which gets them extra marks in my book.

Gundamshop used to be okay about five years ago, though; I don't know what happened to them.
"For who would lose, though full of pain, this intellectual being--those thoughts that wander through eternity; to perish rather, swallowed up and lost in the wide womb of uncreated night, devoid of sense and motion?"
wzy

I have bought from both gundamstoreandmore and plajapan. Both were good buying experiences, though plajapan crammed more stuff in a box that could fit (by adding an extra piece of cardboard and an excessive amount of tape), which damaged the boxes a little, but the kits were no worse for wear.
Like_Clockwork

I remember back in the day when gundam shop was the shit haha i used to get my models from their all the time...i guess thats not the story anymore =/. I recently ordered from GSaM and sounds like it's one of the best NA sites to buy from =]. I'll let you guys know if there's any issue with my order...doubt it though :lol:
Duo

GS&M is an awesome place to order from. The shipping is sorta the bite in the but for me... the least I've been charged is $6. I hate they charge by weight, but I suppose it's offset by the quick delivery - 3 days if not over the weekend. I order from them when I need a kit fix quick. Had a problem once, but it was fixed quickly, but I have had a crushed box or two from them which upsets me.

I also order from Hobbywave. They're good, but they're slow.. Takes about 10 days at least to get to me, but their $10 flat rate shipping is great. My first order came in a very crushed box.. had a problem part or two, but thing that couldn't be fixed with some glue, so from now on I always tell them to put "DO NOT CRUSH" on the box, and I haven't had a problem since.

I recommend both of this sites, either for quick delivery or the shipping costs respectively.
"TAG ALONG ON MY JOURNEY INTO HELL!"
"Momma said real men don't cry..."
"The God of Death is Back from Hell!"
-Duo Maxwell - Shinigami