Best sites to buy Gunpla/MSiA / information

Discuss models, figures, Blu-rays and more.
SNT1

Re: Best sites to buy Gunpla/MSiA / information

Nice, they redesigned the site, and parts ordering... $3 bucks a pop though... that may be a bit too harsh for some pieces, but most undoubtedly faster than HLJ. They've really solidified their status as one of the best, if not the best NA store for Gundam.

I updated the OP to include the parts order info.
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
Fredrex00

Yeah, the new look for Gundam Store and More.com is really nice. Though, there are still some bugs here and there, but its still an awesome look. Now they've got monthly AND weekly deals going on. Their prices are lower than ever before now. Might use the replacement parts thing, but probably not often since I don't break my models.
Ohmygodiamonfire

Gundam store and more's site redesign is pretty kick ass. And hey, parts ordering.
ShadowCell wrote:"...we'll, uh, do the same thing that the original Neue Ziel did."
"Which is...?"
"Crash into stuff."
"...oh."
Wing Zero Destiny

is tisinc 99 a reliable site?(They have the Maia Sterling VFA-6ZX that I'm looking for)
Gundam!
ShadowCell

Yeah, they're reliable. I've gotten stuff from them for Christmas and my birthday.
Wing Zero Destiny

Yay now I wait to get the money
Gundam!
Lans

Rite, my friend and I ordered two items from HLJ few weeks ago. The items with SAL shipping arrived within 2/3 weeks time from the day of payment confirmation (Japan to Australia). Inside boxes were sealed and in perfect condition. Since the figures we bought have pirated version, we did some checking and comparison test to ascertain whether the items are fakes or not. Turns out all items are good and in perfect condition. Staff very responsive to question. Got some initial doubt about the standing platform but it was merely a thin plastic covering the glass surface. Couldn't ask for more except probably faster shipping.

On the other hand. A friend ordered another item (figure) from YesAsia, since that’s the only site that still got the item. The process was lengthy, only after they received payment that they began to search/ trying to find the merchandise. No news whatsoever, only a notice of we-receive-your-payment. After waiting for two weeks (yesterday) he told me that he received mail from YesAsia stated that the product was out of stock and they’ll refund the money. Funny thing is, even if they found the product it’ll take another (their site’s estimation) 21 days before its arrival.

A piece of advice, less priority for YesAsia even for rare figure or other similar merchandise. The items are already pricey. They give free delivery charge but it took weeks just to process the item. Weird thing is they never seem to bother to update their stock list. Almost everything seems available when it is unlikely certain that they have the stock. Even as I write this the same item is still listed as “green” available to buy and still within the “purchase now” category when it is clearly not in stock.
Wedge14

I checked the gundam store and more faq and read some good news for us canucks.
Do you ship internationally?

We only ship to the United States at this time, but we do plan to start shipping to Canada in the Spring/Summer of 2009.
Bout time I say. They had an embargo on us before. I felt like i was from cuba :(
RPG Trinary:Creepy Zeon Magician

I'm cool, just ask anybody.

Oh and check out the RPG Section!
Lans

lans* wrote:A piece of advice, less priority for YesAsia even for rare figure or other similar merchandise. The items are already pricey. They give free delivery charge but it took weeks just to process the item. Weird thing is they never seem to bother to update their stock list. Almost everything seems available when it is unlikely certain that they have the stock. Even as I write this the same item is still listed as “green” available to buy and still within the “purchase now” category when it is clearly not in stock.
To be fair to the site. The refund process from YesAsia to Paypall was fast, my friend already received his money back (2 days time). and they already update their stock list on the website.
Yardly

Gundamstoreandmore now has a "Gundam Club" with three different levels of membership.
The second and third levels also include the benefits of the previous levels. It's interesting, but getting "mystery kits" or kits they choose for you isn't super appealing to me(unless they are selected via the wishlist).. although the free shipping for the Platinum package is pretty nice.

http://www.gundamstoreandmore.com/gundam-club.html
Wedge14

That honestly almost looks too good to be true. For the platinum one, you pay 100 dollars. And get if my math is right you get 200 dollars worth of free stuff. (whose paying the shipping on this stuff?) And the free shipping on stuff over 99..

Hmmm I'm no business major, but this seems like a good deal. (It all depends on the random prizes I guess.) I vote we get a patsy to drop the flow to see if this is really a good deal. And I nominate mcred23!

Mod Edit (Red): Sorry, you can't nominate someone who outranks you. :P
RPG Trinary:Creepy Zeon Magician

I'm cool, just ask anybody.

Oh and check out the RPG Section!
joelfinkle

I'd really like to hear from someone who's joined the club -- are the selections of freebies at all decent, or is it just plain crap like no-grades and some of the hideous SEED crap?
Yardly

It just opened up a day or so ago, so we'll have to wait and see if someone takes the plunge.
Lans

Wedge14 wrote:And I nominate mcred23!
Wedge14, you got my consent and approval sign! :lol:

Mod Edit (Red): Spam post is spammy. :|
mcred23

lans* wrote:
Wedge14 wrote:And I nominate mcred23!
Wedge14, you got my consent and approval sign! :lol:
Hey, if you bozos want to front the money, I'll gladly do it. I'm too poor to do it myself/have lots more important stuff to buy than Gunpla (Such as school books and 360 games 8)). And I suggest you two just nod and apologize... or I can edit your posts to make you. :twisted:

That said, getting us away from their stupidity and back to the intended subject, if anyone does join that club, or know anyone who does, some reviews and information on how it actually does go down would be very helpful.
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')
SNT1

http://www.gundamstoreandmore.com/gunda ... order.html

List of what you can get fo free (ok, so its not really free, but w/e) in a Platinum membership in Gundamstoreandmore.com. Note that the prices listed are regular prices, not the sale prices 99.73% of their stock is listed at on their shop, so it can be a bit deceiving.

I was contemplating getting a Platinum membership but their available member stock isn't that impressive in terms of MG and 1/100 00 kits. I halfway expected the assload of SEED and SEED Destiny kits as well.
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
ShadowCell

That $99.95 for a Platinum membership isn't a one-time only payment, is it? It can't be...
SNT1

I assume $99.95 membership would last you a year

http://www.gundamstoreandmore.com/gundam-club.html
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
Yardly

I noticed that they removed the "Gundam Tool Kit" from the platinum membership, and the over "$195 of regular priced merchandise" was changed to "$175" accordingly. That kinda bites cause I was actually interested in the tool kit.