Nu Gundam Question

Discuss models, figures, Blu-rays and more.
DragoMaster009

Nu Gundam Question

I didn't know which section this question would actually belong in, but I figured this would be a safe bet:

Is it possible for the Nu Gundam to equip both the second Fin Funnel wing and the HWS armor or not?
Compass

Re: Nu Gundam Question

Doesn't look like it based on the diagram.

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/image/10013328z8/70/9

The right backpack portion doesn't appear to have a mounting point.
Watching: Black Bullet, The World is Still Beautiful, Brynhildr in the Darkness, Captain Earth, The Irregular at Magic High School
Quick Picks that ended Last Season: Gundam Build Fighters!!! Buddy Complex
DragoMaster009

Let me put it another way: is it possible for the RX-93 ν Gundam Double Fin Funnel Type to have the HWS armor mounted onto it?
Xenosynth

Erm, you need to specify which grade and whanot. Only the HGUC has the HWS one out. The only model that can do the Double Fin Funnels is the MG. MG doesn't have HWS, HGUC doesn't have double fin funnels, so what you are wanting to do I think is impossible.
DragoMaster009

I did say that I didn't know which category this question would belong in, so let me reiterate: can the HWS armor attach to a Nu Gundam equipped with a second Fin Funnel wing assembly or not? In fact, for the purposes of this question, you can pretend whatever grade or design structure you want.
Dark Duel

Theoretically, assuming that both kits were available in the same scale it should be possible because other than the backpack, there's no difference between the Nu DFF and the base Nu AFAIK.

However, the Nu DFF does not exist except as a MG, and there is no MG Nu HWS. The Nu HWS exists only in HG.
Therefore, the answer to your question is NO, unless you're prepared to spend the time on either substantially modifying the HG Nu HWS's backpack or building the HWS parts from scratch for the MG.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Gundam420

Actually, you can do the Nu DFF configuration in HGUC, you just need two Nu Gundams.
PSN: (Japan Account) gundaminator
Dark Duel

Except that Nu's backpack is not symmetrical - one side mounts the fin funnels, the other a single large beam saber, and that side lacks the mounting point for a second funnel array.
Ergo, it would require potentially a substantial modification to be able to mount a second bank of funnels.

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Compass

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/image/10067414z/70/1#

This is the page in reference of the backpack of the HGUC Nu.

Step 6, it appears that the asymmetrical parts are laid on to the symmetrical backpack. I don't see why you simply couldn't take the second Nu Gundam's pivot mount and just glue it onto the right side of the backpack.

Heck, you get TWO sets of those things in a single HGUC kit if you don't want to buy the second one without being sure.

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/image/10067414z6/70/6

Note the X marks all over the second E sheet. Duplicate E parts for the funnel wing mount as E7, 15, and 16.

PS, the MG is still out of the question. Backpack too high quality :roll:
Watching: Black Bullet, The World is Still Beautiful, Brynhildr in the Darkness, Captain Earth, The Irregular at Magic High School
Quick Picks that ended Last Season: Gundam Build Fighters!!! Buddy Complex
PowerdGNFlag

Compass wrote:http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/image/10067414z/70/1#

This is the page in reference of the backpack of the HGUC Nu.

Step 6, it appears that the asymmetrical parts are laid on to the symmetrical backpack. I don't see why you simply couldn't take the second Nu Gundam's pivot mount and just glue it onto the right side of the backpack.

Heck, you get TWO sets of those things in a single HGUC kit if you don't want to buy the second one without being sure.

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/image/10067414z6/70/6

Note the X marks all over the second E sheet. Duplicate E parts for the funnel wing mount as E7, 15, and 16.

PS, the MG is still out of the question. Backpack too high quality :roll:
That and the fact that the HGUC Nu HWS's backpack is not armored at all makes this possible for the HGUC at least.

We're still not sure if the Katoki Hi-Nu's HWS set will fit the Nu Ver.Ka, but if it does, then the same conclusion applies.
Well, I guess I'm a nobody...
Gundam420

Dark Duel wrote:Except that Nu's backpack is not symmetrical - one side mounts the fin funnels, the other a single large beam saber, and that side lacks the mounting point for a second funnel array.
Ergo, it would require potentially a substantial modification to be able to mount a second bank of funnels.
That's why you remove the beam saber rack and replace it with another funnel rack.
PSN: (Japan Account) gundaminator
valkyriepilot

Gundam420 wrote:
Dark Duel wrote:Except that Nu's backpack is not symmetrical - one side mounts the fin funnels, the other a single large beam saber, and that side lacks the mounting point for a second funnel array.
That's why you remove the beam saber rack and replace it with another funnel rack.
^ What he says.

To better illustrate, refer to panel 6 of the instruction manual (courtesy of Dalong btw). And no messy modification needed too, as can be seen in the manual. Both the saber rack and the funnel rack are detachable modules. Bandai was also kind enough to provide a duplicate set of funnel rack parts in the HGUC Nu Gundam.

Also to the OP, someone has done what you have in mind in HGUC. :D (And again, to those who will say to the contrary, I confirmed from him myself that there were no modifications done except for parts swapping between the regular HGUC Nu and the HGUC HWS Nu.)

We'll have to wait till the MG HWS Hi-Nu parts come out before we can say whether it is compatible with the Nu ver Ka or not though, and therefore replicate what you have in mind in MG.
kayone73

The MG Nu ver ka kit has parts to allow symmetrical mounting of fin funnels or the classic asymmetrical layout. Here's a photo of my custom build

https://flic.kr/p/k2NpZr
Dark Duel

I stand corrected. And BTW, not only is that a very nice build, but you just gave me a new custom project idea, on top of making me want that MG :P