Best HGUC to date

Discuss models, figures, Blu-rays and more.
Calubin_175

Best HGUC to date

For MS with regular anatomy, is anything from the RX-79 Ground Type Gundam series considered the best due to its articulation? The GM III and Hazel seems to come 2nd followed by the GM Quel/Custom and GM Kai line.

I might actually wait for an RG.
SpideyWing

Re: Best HGUC to date

Nu Gundam; That's it, thread over.

Sorry; couldn't resist. I do feel that the Nu HGUC is the best of that category. "But Spidey," I hear you hail me from the bridge of your Constellation-class starships, "you didn't explain why!" My response is twofold: One, why are you on a Constellation-class ship, and two: good point, I should explain.

Why do I like the Nu? Well, the build was a shrimp-ton of fun (at least until I hit the Fin Funnels, but that was my problem as opposed to the kit) with well-fitting parts that had very few if any seam lines. Next, the color placement is almost perfect; the only stickers provided are the ones needed; the eyes, head cameras, and a small part on the funnels and the feet because of color issues. Next, the strength of the joints allow it to stand normally even with the fin funnels equipped, a feat the old Nu 1/144 couldn't even approach.

The accessories are simple, but well-represented. The rifle is in the correct colors, and the shield is wonderfully done. The sabers (sabres?) come with clear blades, which is a huge improvement over the other option. Finally, all six Fin Funnels are able to be deployed.

Of note: That is what I think is the best HGUC kit. I think the HG Wing Gundam is a superior kit, but I am holding my opinion to kits of HC suits.
Signature to be determined later...look! A Puppy!
Zeonista

Re: Best HGUC to date

On the mono-eye side of things, the HG-UC Kampfer poses quite nicely! it is the best mono-eye so far, although I have high hopes for my Sinanju. :) The runner-up would be the HG-UC Zaku made for the IGLOO tie-in. In terms of articulation and posing, at least to some extent, the Zeon MSM types are quite fun. (I need a little stand to show the Z'Gok's piston arm extended though.)

The 08th Platoon series of 1/144 kits are good at posing, despite not being real HG or having a lot of nifty poly-caps. They are good budget MS that way. :)
"I am fire. I am death. I am Hashmal."

"Discontent is the first step in the progress for a man or a nation." - Oscar Wilde