Upcoming Models, Merch, & Rumors XII

Discuss models, figures, Blu-rays and more.
Calubin_175

Re: Upcoming Models, Merch, & Rumors XII

Given that they're releasing the Assault Kingdom Neo Zeong with new gimmicks such as movable fingers, wires for the funnel, and hidden arm, I think Bandai might release an add on pack for the HGUC to implement these features.
Zeonista

I don't care if it gets trashed in episode 1 or not, the model will still be awesome.
http://www.gundamplanet.com/hgbf-powere ... digan.html

Calubin_175: The upper body-only Zeong II is actually a nice concession to diorama builders, so they don't have to pay for parts they weren't going to use anyway.
valkyriepilot: Hasegawa is still bringing the VF love. :) Good to hear that there will be a tricked-out Gerwalk combo possible. I haven't seen a gerwalk type in some time.
"I am fire. I am death. I am Hashmal."

"Discontent is the first step in the progress for a man or a nation." - Oscar Wilde
ZeonsSilverStar

Calubin_175 wrote:Given that they're releasing the Assault Kingdom Neo Zeong with new gimmicks such as movable fingers, wires for the funnel, and hidden arm, I think Bandai might release an add on pack for the HGUC to implement these features.
Well then I better get my wallet ready, for those add-ons and the eventual X2 and X3.
''Do you always have to stare at me like I just drowned your goldfish?'' Xigbar
Raiden

So the next RG is Wing Zero Custom. Interesting choice. Wonder what that gun attachment is.

http://gundamguy.blogspot.com/2014/09/r ... om-ew.html

Though the year isn't over yet, I think this is definitely the year in which i slowed down with gunpla. Not that that is a bad thing but nothing that was released this year really peaked my interest and we kinda only had MG X and Turn X that were new. Every other MG released so far this year have just been retooled/recolors which is natural.

Really surprised they didn't want to release Altron in MG just yet either.
Calubin_175

The RG slated for December, so I am not sure if that replaces the MG placeholder.
Raiden

I don't recall many RG's being released in the same month as a new MG but usually it's just one or the other. But hardly both.

But yeah it is a possibility they might announce something, but then again aren't they releasing a new RE 100 as well? Either Gundam Mk 3 or GP-04 if i recall. So that makes it a slimmer chance for an MG.
Gone Astray

Isn't Blue Frame D scheduled for December?
"For who would lose, though full of pain, this intellectual being--those thoughts that wander through eternity; to perish rather, swallowed up and lost in the wide womb of uncreated night, devoid of sense and motion?"
Heecarl_Reez

Nah, Blue Frame D is slated for November release (With online shop exclusive Dragoon stand, which enough to make my MG Quanta jealous :x ). And as I far as I remember, yes, Bandai usually didn't release new MG and new RG in the same month. So yeah, seems like December MG slot has been taken by RG Wing Zero EW...

Which I'm really excited about. I've been wanting to get a new Zero EW, so this is definite get in my book. Considering Zero is supposed to be smaller than the other release, they may have to make a modification with the frame, or make a new one. Whatever it is I'm hyped (plays Last Impression). :D
balofo

MG Talgeese III and the F91 Jegans being web only is such a dick move by Bandai...
Mythgarr

Raiden wrote:So the next RG is Wing Zero Custom. Interesting choice. Wonder what that gun attachment is.
That gun attachment is magazine exclusive
Visit The Dreams
Raiden

Okay I take that back, something interesting is coming out.....PG Unicorn GundamDecember 2014!!!!Very pricey indeed.

http://gundamguy.blogspot.com/2014/09/p ... splay.html
Kratos

I'll be watching that closely. I love the Unicorn, but I already have 2 Master Grades of it, limited shelf space, and a budget I really should be watching. Plus, I'm still feeling burned by the crap that Bandai released as the Strike Freedom PG.

The Tallgeese is an absolute must-buy, though, and if I can't get it through P-Bandai (I can't seem to pre-order? surely it's not sold out already), then I'll pay an Amazon premium. One of my favorite Wing suits. Between that and my plans for the HWS Hi-Nu, this is gonna be a busy end of the year, Unicorn or not.
"The beast of opportunity finds its master and soars through a shaken cosmos"
Mythgarr

There has been a bootleg MG Tallgeese III that looks exactly the same as that one, released LONG BEFORE P-Bandai's one

As for PG Unicorn...well..I can imagine the kit will have structural problem if Bandai doesn't incorporate metal structure somewhere...
Visit The Dreams
Kratos

You'll excuse me if I stick with the official kit over an old bootleg.

But yeah, quality control is something I'm going to be watching very closely with the Unicorn (though Bandai usually includes metal pieces with PG kits...the SF didn't have any, and I don't know about the 00, but haven't most others had them?). Perfect Grades are too expensive for anything but the best engineering available to models, so if it's in any way half-*****, it's a definite no-buy.
"The beast of opportunity finds its master and soars through a shaken cosmos"
Calubin_175

The R Gya Gya is gorgeous! A nice cheap alternative to the elegant mortar hedds of Five Star Stories.

Apparently the PG Unicorn is offering a third form as well. There will also be its own dedicated set of LEDs for 12000 yen.
SNT1

Probably the gunpla fans' fault that Bandai brings a lot of sought-after units as an Exclusive. I would say I wasn't the only one who was miffed back in the day in 2008 when they Zaku'd the MG line (even sold F and J separately). But T3 as an exclusive seems extreme on the other end. At this rate my MG Sandrock Kai EW and H-arms Kai EW seems more likely to be exclusives at this point.

But hopefully I'm wrong come next year, when Wing's turning 20. And I'd also love to have some Okawara HGACs at that point. I believe Katoki's still the best Gundam mecha designer out there, and his Wing versions are generally better, but his Wing EW versions are being promoted way too much that IMO the Okawara versions start to look fresher and more nostalgic.
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
Raiden

Well given how the Manga chose to use the EW designs in the retelling for more continuity purposes I'm not surprised, but who knows, we haven't gotten to the point yet in the manga where the Heavyarms and Sandrock get upgraded yet. For all we know they may decide to make them come with some new weapons besides the usual stuff. I'm still more surprised Altron EW/Nataku Custom hasn't been made yet in MG since the new redesign has been out for a while now.

But if anything, I think Deathsycthe Hell EW was released too early. Especially since now in the manga he has a double bladed sycthe and 2 shields on his side skirts. Unless they kindly want to give us those in a Altron release but I doubt it.
Mythgarr

SNT1 wrote: I'd also love to have some Okawara HGACs at that point.
HGACs so far (Wing, Wing Zero) are all Okawara so far. HG seems to adhere to animated version closely.
Visit The Dreams
Akashi Takumi

Really hesitant on buying that new PG Gundam Unicorn. I want to start saving up to finally build my gaming rig but that gunpla is so dang tempting. :(
Mythgarr

Unicorn full armor set is announced as P-Bandai product.
Now you have to buy the PG, the PG's LED set, and The P-Bandai full armor set to make Full Armor Unicorn...

Dry those wallets, fanatic RX-0 fans!
Visit The Dreams