MG Blue Frame or Red Frame? I Can't decide!

Discuss models, figures, Blu-rays and more.
Silver_August

MG Blue Frame or Red Frame? I Can't decide!

I REALLLLLLY want to buy the MG Astray...but for the longest time I wanted the blue frame..but then I saw that the Red Frame's swords are actually chrome plated so I'm like Mmmmm..it also comes with the giant sword..but the blue one looks nicer to my eye, I can't choose!

Opinions anyone? I'd love to know what people think of these models anyways, because maybe they're worth getting the kit twice?

I just need an opinion/review/vote, red, blue or a STRONG recommendation for both....or Strike Freedom, lol
Xenosynth

Re: MG Blue Frame or Red Frame? I Can't decide!

Both have the same general mobility. I guess it comes down to which tactical arms you prefer. The red frame Gerbera Straights are pretty nice, but if you plan on painting, they can be better (The gold parts are made with that puke gold parts that the Strike Freedom has for an inner frame, that vaguely shiny yellow, but it almost looks snotlike (Though the special strike freedom fixed this by having the most prominent bits of the inner frame be plated))

The models themselves though, the MS are quite nice and have good articulation. You can see this on the dalong review. Also, rrobbert184 has a pretty decent review of the Astray Red Frame Kai MG so you can see more about that here. Dalong's review is... well, dalong.net.

The thing is, most my experiences with either models was checking out my friends. One of my friends had it as one of his first builds and I saw his, and that's why I know about the posability of it. Anyway, mostly, with Gundam models, unless they are REALLY bad in construction (Which most post 2002 master grades are pretty decent), just go with what you like best. Blue-Frame looks a bit better out of the box in same ways, but the samurai sword-like gerbera straights might draw the eye more with certain poses.
Dark Duel

I would personally recommend Blue Frame over Red myself, even though they are largely almost identical except for the Tactical Arms, because I personally think it is the better-looking of the two kits.
Or heck, if you can afford both, get both. :P
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Silver_August

FUDGE IT! It's my birthday tomorrow (the 23rd) ya now what, thanks for the thoughts, opinions ..and resources with that gunpla site, dang, I'm getting blue frame! screw the shiny swords! I've always had my eyes on that blue frame and the orange-blue composition is better on the eyes..and will look better next to my Infinite Justice, lol

Thanks guys!