Replacement parts

Discuss models, figures, Blu-rays and more.
nortran11

Replacement parts

This may be a seriously stupid question, so please forgive me is this has been asked before.....

I was building my HGUC RGM-96X, cleaning the mold lines off the half of the hand that holds the gun (Of Sprue C1, part 16)....and pop! out of my grip and eaten by the carpet monster.

I thought I had a pretty good idea where it landed, but after about 30 minutes I can't find it anywhere.

Does Bandai have any sort of replacement part policy? If so...how do I even go about getting one?
Xenosynth

Re: Replacement parts

They do but only within Japan. Sadly the only site I know that does them for America is GGinfinite, but they recently stopped doing replacement part orders IIRC. However, check gginfinite.com and see if they will still let you file a ticket. As long as you know which plate the part came from I think you should be fine when it comes to ordering the new one.

I know how you feel though. It took me a few months to find one of the side skirts on my RG RX-78-2. Hopefully you'll be able to find it.
joelfinkle

It used to be that you could email Bandai at [email protected] -- even from the US -- and get replacement parts. Here's a quote from the reply I got back in 2009:
> Thank you for purchasing our products and contacting us.
> Please find our replacement policies below.
>
>
> 1. We accept free replacement for any defection or missing parts if it
> occurred in our20production line or during the transportation. We need
> to see a picture of broken parts or a sprew that has missing parts in
> the unwrapped plastic bags when you ask for a replacement.
>
> 2. We also accept a replacement for broken parts or missing parts
> which occurred under customer's responsibility.
> This replacement will be done free of charge but it will be only one
> time deal.
Have the Bandai Part Number from the original box and the exact parts you need. The "one time deal" means only once per person inquiring, but I was able to get replacement parts for two incidents of broken pieces during assembly by using a second email address.

It can't hurt to try, but I seem to remember hearing that they've stopped this.
Mark064

If it only fell on the carpet it's not lost. Get a flashlight and put it on the ground. A shadow will be reflected by the piece. It's far less hassle then any other option out there.
Roketto Panchii (ロケットパンチ) My robot anime blog. Mostly review-ish about old robot shows, for now.
Gone Astray

If it's well and truly lost (I know I've had bits come dangerously close to a heating vent), you can look at Gundam Store's stock of replacement parts. They may or may not have the part you need, but it's a replacement service that you know is there.
"For who would lose, though full of pain, this intellectual being--those thoughts that wander through eternity; to perish rather, swallowed up and lost in the wide womb of uncreated night, devoid of sense and motion?"
nortran11

Yeah....I was afraid of that. I spent about a half hour last night after it fell and another hour at least this morning and it just vanished. I can't find it anywhere. I noticed it's the RGM-79N GM Custom shares that same part with the RGM-96x....I may try to make a duplicate with Instant Mold as a last resort.
nortran11

Well, it's not perfect.....but it will do for the short term.

http://rcadedesigns.com/images/replacement_part.jpg

It seems that the detail in the knuckles isn't the greatest so I am going to try again. At least I don't have to worry about the gun falling off for now though.

I got a message back from GGInfinite....they aren't doing replacement parts until at least March while they "revamp their system"
South Burning

Hobby Link Japan (hlj.com) will order you the entire tree the part is located on. Go to their web site for all the 411.
nortran11

Thanks.

I'm getting a 504 Gateway Time-Out when trying to get to HLJ right now
nortran11

Finally got onto Hobbylink Japan and on their Parts Order page there is a message that says they no longer provide that service as they have been upgrading their parts department since before the earthquake. Oh well....thanks for the suggestion
jabman025

check this out, I need some parts for my MG Blue Astray frame, (fell off a shelf) and this guy was easy to work with, follow the instructions and you'll have a decent shot of getting it

http://www.genteikits.com/parts
Xbox Live, Playstation Network, and Twitter : Jabman025
and check out my gunpla reviews on youtube http://www.youtube.com/user/jabman025