Gundam Blu-Ray question

Discuss models, figures, Blu-rays and more.
Richardmvela

Gundam Blu-Ray question

Hello all,

I have collected most of the U.S. released of Gundam series on DVD (except Igloo) and shifting my anime colection to Blu-Ray. Aside from "Awakening of the Trailblazer", are any other Gundam titles on Blu-Ray here in the U.S.? Also I do not do subbed or imports, just not my thing just in case anyone throws it out there. yes I know people swear by them but once again looking for official North American releases so far. I know Unicorn is out but waiting on price to drop, but any others out?
South Burning

Re: Gundam Blu-Ray question

I'm not certain "Unicorn" on blu-ray is going to drop in price. As it is coming out on DVD and sales on blu-ray don't seem to be that brisk, I think it may go the way of Ghost in the Shell's "Innocense" and eventually not be available on blu-ray but instead be a DVD product only. Honestly, I jumped on the blu-ray as soon as it was released. But it has been so expensive and has taken so loooooong to complete that, until DVD's simply disappear and we MUST buy our Gundam on blu-ray, I will have to think twice about buying any more of my Gundam on blu-ray. And I know that a lot of people feel the same as they have said to me "I'm glad YOU'RE buying that so I don't have to. When can we come over to YOUR house and watch it?"
Red Comet90

Unfortunately the only Blu-Ray we have for Gundam in America besides Awakening of the Trailblazer are the Unicorn Blu-Rays. Nothing else unfortunately. I wish we could have CCA at least..
The proof of our might will forever be etched in your minds.

-- Haman Karn
Richardmvela

With Bandai Ent closing, will we still be getting the rest of the Unicorn releases in Blur Ray?
Kratos

Bandai Entertainment already closed, before episode 5 was released. Yes, we will continue to get the Unicorn Blu-rays, since the Japanese and North American discs aren't actually a separate product. When you buy the Blu-rays, you're buying the exact same thing that Japanese people buy (with translated packaging, but the actual disc content is identical).

Incidentally, that's why they're so expensive: you're essentially buying the product from a country that charges notoriously high prices for physical media.
"The beast of opportunity finds its master and soars through a shaken cosmos"