1/144 HG 00 Models

Discuss models, figures, Blu-rays and more.
DAG101

1/144 HG 00 Models

I'm planning on ordering the 1/144 HG 00 Gundam Seven Swords model, and was just wondering what the quality of it--or the HG 00 models in general--was, since the reviews on Mahq only cover two models, and didn't seem to have any close-up pics of anything
Dark Duel

Re: 1/144 HG 00 Models

http://dalong.net/review/00/00_cata_e.htm

That site's got most of them. Take a look if you want.

I own a couple of them myself, and I'm happy with them. The Tieren Space Type I have is one of my favorites - big, sturdy kit. I don't have any of the 00 Gundams, so I can't speak to that specifically
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
DAG101

Ah, thanks! It's a shame I can't read the text, but the pictures cover what I wanted :D you wouldn't happen to know if dalong paints the models and stuff, or if that's how they look outta the box, would you?
Heecarl_Reez

Except for early release of MG and HG SEED Dalong didn't paint the kits, also he only did the lining for HGUC(also RG) and MG series. HG 00/AGE series is out of the box appearance with stickers applied I believe.
DAG101

Ah, okay ^.^ then it looks like the kits I want are VERY nice quality!
SNT1

Watch out for the 'skinny' MS; Flag, Brave etc...

They have no polycap joints, and they're loaded with ball joints that tend to wear out a bit too quick, even if they're ABS.

Also, GN-XIII/A-Laws. Since Bandai did not want to make new runners for the color combination of the XIII (that being different from the original GN-X), the GN-XIII has about 25% of its surface in the wrong color (oh dont worry they provide crappy foil stickers to wrap around the GN-XIII's curvy design)

The rest of the line seems very good and the level of detail and assembly is what's to be expected from any HG 1/144 series for the most part
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
DAG101

Well, I HAD been considering getting Graham's flag, but ended up going with the 00 variant, glad to see I made the right decision

And what's the difference between polycap joints and ball joints? And what's ABS?

And I'm kinda confused about what you were saying about the GN XIII
Sume Gai

A poly-cap is a softer, usually dark grey part generally used in joints you'll definitely know what they are after you build a kit with them. A ball joint is exactly what it says on the tin a Ball that plugs into a socket to provide a range of movement in almost every direction. the human shoulders and Hips are ball joints. (you can have a polycap ball joint) ABS is a kind of plastic that is slightly tougher and more expensive than standard plastic.

as for the GN-X III the thing is Bandai didn't want to mold it in the right colors for one version so instead one needs to apply stickers on large sections of the body. Thing is Stickers generally don't look as good as plastic, especially if misaligned and utterly fail to stay in place if one has to bend them.

If you are interested in more I would recommend you check out youtube for reviews of the kit you are interested in there's quite a few good ones out there. I like Gundam.tk personally (though be sure to look at the proper grade)
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

"I like the SAGA. Its what Rambo would pilot if he was in Gundam 00" -Kylern
Apsalas

I have the 00 Raiser, Tieren Space Type and GN-X all good kits with minimum stickers and good construction. You can make em look great with just a panel liner and a few Gundam Markers.
“If you think this Universe is bad, you should see some of the others.”
― Philip K. Dick

"It is sometimes an appropriate response to reality to go insane."
- Philip K. Dick
DAG101

Ah, okay, good to know! I don't have Gundam Markers, but I can probably get something that can work as a panel liner, and my friend's roommate is apparently a modelling fan who built my friend's Gundam Mk.II Titan's Version