question about paint thinners

Discuss models, figures, Blu-rays and more.
Ouroboric

question about paint thinners

So after 10 years,I've decided to get into gunpla again,this time I want to do it right, but I have already ran into some issues with painting.I am using the mr.hobby mr.color paints,and I made the mistake of just using water to thin it out,leaving my painted parts looking quite uneven and patchy.I am wondering what kind of paint thinner I should be using,and if there is anything not so toxic I could use? And what I can do to save the parts I failed at painting already? Sorry if there is another thread I should be asking this in,thanks.
Sacrosanct (man as microcosm)
Four temperaments (fuse) - statuesque entity
The fortitude of a pristine creature
Transcend tyranny- Quintessential Power
SNT1

Re: question about paint thinners

Are they the Mr Color Acrylic paints, if so, need 91% Isopropyl Alcohol to thin the paint at about 35:65 to 45:55 thinner:paint ratio

EDIT - my bad, switched up the ratio. We font want watery paint b/c of too much thinner

And if you haven't clearcoated them yet with Lacquer or Enamel, just wash the painted parts with the alcohol
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
Ouroboric

I believe so,beyond the color,if they are flat and gloss and the number,everything else is in a language I cannot read. I am pretty sure they are acrylic though.Awesome, thank you.
Apsalas

If I may add my own question...

I generally use Humbrol Enamel Matt and Gloss and have never thinned my paints...should I have?
“If you think this Universe is bad, you should see some of the others.”
― Philip K. Dick

"It is sometimes an appropriate response to reality to go insane."
- Philip K. Dick
G-Slayer
Location: In the fridge, behind the mayonnaise, next to the ketchup, and to the left of the coleslaw.

Enamel thinner has helped me through a lot of painting mishaps.
"That's it! I'll never Gundam the pilot again, Bright!"--Amuro Ray

My YouTube Channel!

My Photobucket Album!

My Gunpla Blog!
Ouroboric

Another question.Kind of embarrassing.

On Saturday when I was trying out the thinner I purchased, when I went to go leave what I used outside to evaporate, I tripped and spilled it into the grass in my backyard. It was only about a quarter of a bowl full, but I'm a bit worried about the toxicity of it and am hoping that I did'nt poison my whole backyard with it, as I did'nt think much of it at the time,I probably couldn't dig out the soil were I spilled it at this point Should be ok though right?, our garden 15 feet away won't be poisoned from it I can assume ?
South Burning

I don't know why you are all so worried about toxicity in regards to paint thinners. They are made from substances that either come from the earth or plants and if they spill on the ground they will decompose rather quickly. At one time, people used turpentine as a medicinal. Stay true to your art and do what is best for the model! The Earth and your body will compensate for any exposure you wreak on them.