Help~! I'm dead XD

Discuss models, figures, Blu-rays and more.
SlowRkers

Help~! I'm dead XD

I'm still kinda New at this Modeling stuff, recently i just bought a set of Gundam markers, as i was using them, some of the ink was hard to get off from the kit. So i stupidly apply insect repellent on the kit to ease the erasing of the ink, at 1st it work but when it drys.... OMG 0.0 the whole kit is effed up and the ink is just a mess. If anyone experience this before please tell me a way to fix it please~
Arsarcana

Re: Help~! I'm dead XD

...what possessed you to think that using insect repellant to remove paint from plastic was a good idea? Okay, how badly damaged is your kit?
SlowRkers

Curiosity?? XD not that bad, but it can't seem to get it back to its original color pure white
SlowRkers

Anyway to fix it bro?
kayone73

First things first: don't use gundam markers and if you are, then get paint dishes, learn to dip the marker pens into the dishes to created a paint puddle and apply with fine tip brushes. Also buy proper hobby paint thinner as well. Don't half ass it or the results will look terrible.
duke4799

Alright, guys lets not attack the guy for using Gundam Markers. I've used them for years and only had an issue starting out and they have worked fine ever since and can look really nice if you use them properly.

Second, I don't know what chemicals are in bug spray, but my guess is the plastic has been chemically altered. Your best bet is to buy a knew kit. Short of that, I need to know some things.

What kind of bug spray was it?
Is the plastic warped?
Does the plastic still have a residue from the bug spray?
Does the plastic feel different? This could mean slimey, soft, brittle, harder, softer, rubbery, etc.
If the plastic feel fine, try sanding off the top layer. If the plastic feels softer or anything DO NOT SAND IT! Tell me what kind of Bug Spray you used and I can help research some solutions.
Until Next Time: Happy Building!
-Joe
Joe's Gunpla

Want to Buy LM Leo or Taurus from Gundam Wing, built or unbuilt! Willing to pay big!
SlowRkers

Ok, thanks guys i have already Fixed it. I am ok already thanks.