Upcoming Models, Merch, & Rumors XI

Discuss models, figures, Blu-rays and more.
Calubin_175

Re: Upcoming Models, Merch, & Rumors XI

Yeah there really is no ABS runner on the Marasai, though it does have double jointed fingers.
Kratos

The Dom has double-jointed fingers too, it was a feature that occasionally popped up in older kits.
"The beast of opportunity finds its master and soars through a shaken cosmos"
Calubin_175

In the past it was only the large palm mobile suits such as Rick Dias, Dom, Zeong and Qubeley. Now it is still uncommon except for the Gundam and Zaku Ver.2.0 series, plus Sinanju and The O.

The BeeCraft Seed line is now using finger swapping, a version that is better than the ones from the EW line.
Heecarl_Reez

Good thing though it includes both poseable finger and the finger swapped one, more option the better, hopefully it becomes trend in the future release. Also saw the review, and the manual for MG Marasai. Really the frame is based on ver 2.0 Zaku (maybe simplified on some parts) but definitely not MGZaku90 quality ( did it even have frame??). The rotating joint support looks cool, and the unit poseability itself looks nice, but I understand the non ABS concern though-especially for 4200 yen kit :( .
Calubin_175

I think it is just an inevitable cost issue now. The recent 3500yen kits were all the AGE-1 kits but at the expense of no ABS. But then the Marasai should actually have been cheaper as well. We are now getting lower quality kits at equal or higher price than their counterparts back in 2007 and 2009/10 such as Zaku Ver.2.0, GN-X and Gouf.

I would rather get the Nemo than the Marasai, while both models don't have a full bend for its knees, at least the former has an ABS frame.

Gunpla really has changed for the past 3 years.

There was obviously a decline in panel line detail from 2007 to keep prices affordable whilst implementing Ver.2.0 frames. The only new kit with decent panel lines is the Duel Gundam, which also does have an affordable price in terms of having ABS and whatnot compared to 2007 models. Maybe it is due to the lower development cost of having a more universal frame.

Maybe the remaining Bee-Craft Gundams will be the last of ABS MGs that we'll see, or at least follow the construction of the MG Astray and 1/100 Over Flag, allocating ABS only for joints.

A Japanese thread on the Marasai
http://awabi.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/mokei/1337444221/l50

People said the AGE-1 had weak joints due to no ABS, while some say there are drawbacks with using ABS so they'll need to see how good the full PS concept really is.

Having no ABS and a low polycap count, PS joints must be the new thing.
Heecarl_Reez

Damn that's depressing to think about the future of MG -with the prospect of ABSless kits- not to mention the new release kit with ABS now is on the...RG??? Panel lining detail is also on RG. Is this a tendency to focus on RG? I don't know...(EDIT:HGUC Anksha actually does have ABS parts too though) Let's see how this PS to PS experiment turns out for the MG (Marasai) though.
reeoyuy

These kind of things happened before. We've been through screw-less and polycap-less revolution way back. I don't remember when Bandai start to omit screws from MGs, but I clearly remember people reaction after MG F91 announced to be the first MG with zero polycap. The removal of screws is successful move since we hardly see them anymore. As for zero polycap, I can't say it's a failure nor a success. Some MGs released after F91 used it, some don't, and some mixed old and new technology resulting combination of PS/ABS joints and polycaps (in reduced amount). Maybe this ABS-less experimentation will be just like that.
vipergb34

In the upper left corner of this image is that a 1/144 Crossbone Gundam?

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-KhFmuGoswyE/T ... 1sHFeT.jpg
Heecarl_Reez

You're right, it's 1/144 model of Crossbone Gundam X-0. Perhaps a scratch build , and there should be an article for the model in July edition of Hobby Japan Magazine (which means this month release).
Heecarl_Reez

For some reason we got some kit announcement from Tokyo toy show... For those who've been waiting for HGUC GM Sniper II there you go.

https://twitter.com/amiami_figure/statu ... 52/photo/1
HGUC GM Sniper II will be released on September, price: 1500 yen
Calubin_175

OMG GM SNIPER II! Bandai has truly decided to stop trolling. But then my Robot Damashii one will still remain as the most articulated version.

What remains is the GM sniper Ver.Ka in Gunpla form.
pk-man
Location: receiving faxes in the washroom, on Deck 9 aboard White Base

Heecarl_Reez wrote:For some reason we got some kit announcement from Tokyo toy show... For those who've been waiting for HGUC GM Sniper II there you go.

https://twitter.com/amiami_figure/statu ... 52/photo/1
HGUC GM Sniper II will be released on September, price: 1500 yen
WTF Bandai.....I've been on the gunpla nico patch for almost 6 months and now you tease me with something like this. Must stop....myself...from....reaching....wallet.........
Calubin_175

I just realised Bandai might of mis-abbreviated Phase Shift as VS on the Duel Gundam and Blitz Gundam decals
balofo

With Sniper II they finished the 0800 line, CCA is finished, 0083 is only missing Gerbera Tetra and Xamel, Z is missing some, ZZ is missing a lot, 08th hasn't even started.

When UC ends in 2015 I hope to see some ZZ kits
Random_GM_Pilot

balofo wrote:With Sniper II they finished the 0800 line, CCA is finished, 0083 is only missing Gerbera Tetra and Xamel, Z is missing some, ZZ is missing a lot, 08th hasn't even started.

When UC ends in 2015 I hope to see some ZZ kits
It'd be nice if Z and ZZ both got some of the gaps in their lineups filled. Byalant and Doven Wolf in particular stand out.
SHIHO: This is Codename “Background”. Codenames “Lenny” and “Carl” are suitably distracted. Begin the operation.
duke4799

So what is all finished in HGUC? Just 0079, 0080, CCA?
Until Next Time: Happy Building!
-Joe
Joe's Gunpla

Want to Buy LM Leo or Taurus from Gundam Wing, built or unbuilt! Willing to pay big!
balofo

When I have time I'll compile a list
Raiden

balofo wrote:08th hasn't even started.
No it's been started they just haven't released anything beyond the RX-79 [G] and Gouf Custom.

But yes the Holy Grail of GM kits finally gets a proper HGUC!
pk-man
Location: receiving faxes in the washroom, on Deck 9 aboard White Base

duke4799 wrote:So what is all finished in HGUC? Just 0079, 0080, CCA?
Yeah I think so.
0083 is only missing Gebera Tetra I believe.
Z lacks only a few of the Titans MS, Baund Doc, Barzam, Galbaldy Beta, Messala, Psyco Mk.II (doubt this will ever get a kit)
ZZ is missing quite a bit. Tbh, I think most of them will never get released unless they appear in Unicorn.

If the release of Juaggu, I wonder if we'll start seeing some MSV kits.
YokozunaBulldozer

http://blog.yahoo.com/cybergundam/articles/651428/index
White Dingo edition will be limited edition as most of these things tend to be
SIXSHOT HAS NO GAME AGAINST SEVEN CHANGER