Upcoming Models, Merch, & Rumors XI

Discuss models, figures, Blu-rays and more.
DeltasTaii

Re: Upcoming Models, Merch, & Rumors XI

Gone Astray wrote:There may yet be hope of a Dagger
But there already is a Dagger. You really have to actually word that one right.

Robot Damashii Strike Dagger is a thing somehow, anyways. Which is some compensation for the production mold of RD Duel looking like concentrated stupid. Not so much for HG M1 looking completely wrong.
Gone Astray

DeltasTaii wrote:
Gone Astray wrote:There may yet be hope of a Dagger
But there already is a Dagger. You really have to actually word that one right.

Robot Damashii Strike Dagger is a thing somehow, anyways. Which is some compensation for the production mold of RD Duel looking like concentrated stupid. Not so much for HG M1 looking completely wrong.
For some reason I always forget that the basic model is the Strike Dagger, even though I have the 105 kit and it says it right on there. But the Strike Dagger would be nice--or any variation besides the Slaughter. That kit's gated for variation, after all, and not just for packs.

And yeah, the RD Duel looks... funny. It's like the AGE-1 RDs, like they're trying to replicate production artwork or something, but they just wind up looking dippy.
"For who would lose, though full of pain, this intellectual being--those thoughts that wander through eternity; to perish rather, swallowed up and lost in the wide womb of uncreated night, devoid of sense and motion?"
Arvis Taljik

Calubin_175 wrote:It appears it has the same backpack port as the MG Strike, which enables it to be equipped with striker packs and the Freedom series backpacks.

Fingers crossed for an MG 105 Dagger.
Actually, the Freedom and Strike Freedom's backpacks are slanted forward on the front end. This means they can mount one another's packs but none of the flat-backed units (Strike, Strike Noir, Impulse, and Duel) can mount them due to shape.
Gelgoog Jager

Any word about any of these getting a HG kit:

-Purple Gafran (commander/custom unit?)
-Golden Dorado (commander unit?)
-Zedas M (Magician's Eight custom)
Dark Duel

Nothing yet AFAIK, but given that recolors are a fairly common thing (look at the Zedas-R, the two separate releases for the Adele, etc...to say nothing of the assorted recolors of the AD and CE lines), I think it's a safe bet that those are coming eventually.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Gelgoog Jager

Also, what are the chances for the original Shaldoll for getting a HG kit?
SNT1

gundamguy wrote:Other Upcoming Gunplas:
RG 1/144 Justice Gundam (Release Date: Jul 2012, Price: 2500 yen)
HGUC 1/144 Zaku Marine (Release Date: Jul 2012, Price: 1400 yen)
HGUC 1/144 Base Jaber [UC Ver.] (Release Date: Jul 2012, Price: 1000 yen)
P-Bandai Hobby Online Shop Exclusive: MG 1/100 Ballute System (Price: 1470 yen)
P-Bandai Hobby Online Shop Exclusive: HGUC 1/144 GM III Desert Color [UC Ver.] (Price: 1575 yen)
P-Bandai Hobby Online Shop Exclusive: HGUC 1/144 Geara Doga [Full Frontal Ver.] (Price: 2000 yen)
Unconfirmed Releases:
July 2012
HGUC 1/144 Byarlant Custom
MG 1/100 Gundam AGE-2 Normal
Aug 2012
HGUC 1/144 Aqua GM [UC Ver.]
HGUC 1/144 Hambrabi
Excited about the Byarlant, and the RG Justice is the nicest Justice I've seen.
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
Calubin_175

I can't believe the plain MG Hyaku Shiki is just worth 2600 yen if the ballute system is sold for 1400yen.
AceWhatever

SRC Might Gaine up for preorder on Amiami. The photos show it holding two swords but I've seen no confirmation so far that it'll come with a second Dorinken.

Also, what's up with the lack of RD love for the AGE-2?
Heecarl_Reez

http://blog.yahoo.com/cybergundam/articles/641954/index
the recently released product newsletter states it will come with 2 dorinkens, also included a part to combine those swords.
Raiden

And that B-Defensor Rezel is actually a different color!
http://mar.2chan.net/nov/y/src/1337218668144.jpg

Blitz in color and boxart (it looks almost like the size of Duel's surprisingly).
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-5cXHLJ0hWM8/T ... C03223.JPG

HG Zaku Mariner
http://jul.2chan.net/nov/y/src/1337220447071.jpg

RG Justice
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-fluFVlM6qqE/T ... C03318.JPG
Heecarl_Reez

Compiled image page with price and release date courtesy of cybergundam. Also they announced that there willl be new MG project from Wing series. I think they'll reveal the Frozen Teardrop MS soon...
Raiden

I'll be pissed if its just a cloak thrown over a frame.....

Other than that, most of the unconfirmed rumors from a few weeks ago came true. Too bad they didn't continue more of the HGFC for this year but i guess they could always reveal those in the Fall line up Hobby shows...
Heecarl_Reez

Well unfortunately HGFC does fall in the same schedule/line as the HGUC one. As far as it goes now, Bandai is on milking the UC kits mode... :(

This month Hobby Magazine scan. Nothing new folks, stuff we've already seen in the hobby show. Some nice pics of RG justice though. Speaking of MG AGE-2, I hope the higher price tag(than Age-1) does mean that it'll include the ABS plastic again and better frame. Age-1 has some brilliant design idea for maximizing the poseability but lacking the sturdiness of the older MG, and in turn makes it feels 'cheap' (NG like) and unsatisfying (bit harsh I know).
Calubin_175

Early reports of the MG Marasai suggests that it doesn't use any ABS plastic, following the footsteps of the MG AGE. This is quite a deal breaker and I think Bandai is really declining.

ReZEL Defensor B is looking good, not sure if an MG will be released for 5500yen.
joelfinkle

Calubin_175 wrote:Early reports of the MG Marasai suggests that it doesn't use any ABS plastic, following the footsteps of the MG AGE. This is quite a deal breaker and I think Bandai is really declining.

ReZEL Defensor B is looking good, not sure if an MG will be released for 5500yen.
Looks like you're right: on GundamGuy's Marasai Runner Review, parts that are obvious joints are on the same runners as obvious outer armor. There is also a polycap runner.

I'd have to compare closely, but my guess is they probably salvaged a 1990's MG frame for this. I can't imagine why they'd use, say, the Zaku II rather than the Zaku II 2.0, but perhaps they didn't think the 'sai was worth the investment?
DeltasTaii

It's not GG's review. This is why I hate blog's that completely repost content.

"90s MG frame" is practically an oxymoron.
iguanaman8989

It's probably the same situation as The O.

If I'm not mistaken, both were shown a few years ago as possible future releases, I think with some sort of poll to chose.

So they probably just pulled the molds out of storage and are now releasing it, with the potential for Unicorn recolors.
Gelgoog Jager

I'm glad that 3 versions of the Base Jabber are coming out:
-UC version in Federation colors
-UC version in Zeon Remnants colors
-Zeta version (with the original cockpit)

I just wish we would also get a ZZ version of the Dreissen, as well as some Gallus HGUC kits for using them for.