Upcoming Models, Merch, & Rumors XI

Discuss models, figures, Blu-rays and more.
mcred23

Upcoming Models, Merch, & Rumors XI

Last one hit 30 pages again, so time for a fresh thread.
On the [url=http://www.mechatalk.net/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13173&start=580]last page of the old thread[/url], reeoyuy wrote:
Random_GM_Pilot wrote: -Inexplicably wrongly-colored parts that need to be painted if you actually want it to look like it did in the anime (mostly parts that should be white but are light gray or off-white)
It was designed that way. RG designs are not anime accurate (and never intend to), they took some liberty like making beam rifle for RX-78 and Strike has a white portion, or two tone color for the armor. If you use anime as reference, some parts are wrongly-colored. But comparing it to the manual or boxart of said RG, the parts are correctly-colored. This could be a pro for people who like variations, or con for people who want anime-accuracy.
So, continue. :)
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')
iKhaotic

Re: Upcoming Models, Merch, & Rumors XI

I don't recall ever seeing a RG in person yet, are the color differences that distinct? Or are they just subtle minor details that can be easily remedies?
[Relinquish your pain...unto me...]
[Neither will alone, nor strength alone]
~Sword of the Blue Skies~
G-Slayer
Location: In the fridge, behind the mayonnaise, next to the ketchup, and to the left of the coleslaw.

I don't recall ever seeing a RG in person yet, are the color differences that distinct? Or are they just subtle minor details that can be easily remedies?
I've seen the RG Aile Strike and it doesn't diverge too much from its animated counterpart.
"That's it! I'll never Gundam the pilot again, Bright!"--Amuro Ray

My YouTube Channel!

My Photobucket Album!

My Gunpla Blog!
kayone73

I like the two-tone look of the RG aile strike, gives it more depth and realism IMHO.
Heecarl_Reez

Well, hope these review will help you, the color differences is not that subtle compared to the RX 78-2 I think:
iKhaotic

Heecarl_Reez wrote: Well, hope these review will help you, the color differences is not that subtle compared to the RX 78-2 I think:
Looks good. I may pick the Strike up soon. The amount of decals do kinda intimidate me though since I'm not too good with applying them lol.
Random_GM_Pilot

It's pretty easy to paint over those silly off-color blotches (and yes, I know they were designed that way. That's why they irritate me so much) to match the white coloring Strike should be, but at least the placement isn't quite as bad as the RX-78-2, save for the rifle.

As for the decals, I'd say not to bother with them, but if you like them, then it's not that difficult. Just be careful with them.
SHIHO: This is Codename “Background”. Codenames “Lenny” and “Carl” are suitably distracted. Begin the operation.
exxecutor000

I like the RG Aile Strike very much. I prefer 1/144 scale, so the RG is 'MG-experience' on smaller scale. It is much much better than the HG version in all aspect. The two-tone color for the armor may not be accurate as the original colour scheme, but I like it - I expect the RG to have details beyond HG & original drawing.

I have 20% done with the stickers: enjoy using it. Looks quite nice, even though not as good as the waterslide decals and gundam markers.

Plus:
1. Lots of details
2. Articulation
3. Solid build (only the forearm armor comes off quite easily during bending)
4. Opening cockpit
5. Unique advanced MS frame

Minus:
1. By default I cannot attach any other striker packs from my HG collections due to the connector design - need some modifications.
2. No dedicated hand for solidly holding the beam rifle & bayonet (only closed fist supplied).
3. The movable small tab on the rifle's handle quite tricky to use due to very small size - I prefer the HGUC-type e.g. HGUC Sinanju's beam rifle
exxecutor000... zero zero zero
Heecarl_Reez

So it's nearing the end of the month, and yeah you know the drill... New info from Hobby magazine...

http://hk.myblog.yahoo.com/iam-cybergun ... ?mid=78146 ( EDIT: Pics is up now)

September:
- HGUC 1/144 Jesta -1600 yen (Nice)

October :
- HGUC 1/144 GM II -1400 yen
- MG 1/100 Gundam Sandrock EW ver -3800 yen (Yeaaaaaahhhh!!)

November :
-RG 1/144 Freedom Gundam (Hmm not an October release eh??)

That means if they want to stick to the original plan, Heavyarms Should be a December release, unless they suddenly decide to release a PG or MG Age-1 is the one getting the slot.
Last edited by Heecarl_Reez on Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dark Duel

MG Sandrock? CURSE YOU BANDAI!!!! They keep releasing stuff I want before I can get through my ever-increasing backlog of unbuilt kits :D
Seriously. MAJORLY DO WANT.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
wilcosu35

hell yeah, sandrock :D
not all i have to do is wait for heavyarms
SNT1

Dark Duel wrote:MG Sandrock? CURSE YOU BANDAI!!!! They keep releasing stuff I want before I can get through my ever-increasing backlog of unbuilt kits :D
You absolutely knew it was coming, though :twisted:
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
iKhaotic

I'm almost tempted to pick up all the new MG Wing kits...if only it wouldn't run me like $300+ altogether lol.
Dark Duel

SNT1 wrote:
Dark Duel wrote:MG Sandrock? CURSE YOU BANDAI!!!! They keep releasing stuff I want before I can get through my ever-increasing backlog of unbuilt kits :D
You absolutely knew it was coming, though :twisted:
Yes. Yes, I did. And I really, REALLY want it. Almost as much as I want MG Epyon.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Arsarcana

Ooh, TV-derived shield and the beam machine gun... and a combining Shotel gimmick. They're going to have to come up with something more interesting than just the cloak to make me buy the EW version when this kit's got absolutely everything I want in my Sandrock.
SNT1

I'm more pumped @Jesta though, because I almost forgot about this little guy.

As a side note I just started building my ReZEL HGUC and I'm pleased at the thing, it almost builds like a damn MG. Hopefully the Jesta turns out like that as well.

Also, no one cares about the 'special' guys from AGE :lol:
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
Arsarcana

I like the Gafran just fine and will probably have fun making a custom Genoace if I ever get one but I haven't been waiting for those for over a decade. :D
Heecarl_Reez

Hey Genoace is a cool kit, I mean look at that crazy waist articulation.. http://hk.myblog.yahoo.com/iam-cybergun ... ?mid=78248 Gafran transforming mode do look strange though in HG, but perhaps I only need to see it in colors/right angle. And, I'm still waiting for RG Freedom page, which is somewhat late to appear. Although we might not see the prototype, I hope they gave us the lineart...Oh the price for RG Freedom is of course 2500 yen. :wink:

EDIT: it's up , the page of RG Freedom- http://hk.myblog.yahoo.com/iam-cybergun ... ?mid=78146 . Not really fan of the the teal colored Xiphas, but I'll wait for the final product to pass the judgement.

BTW from Kotobukiya side http://hk.myblog.yahoo.com/iam-cybergun ... ?mid=78167 I gotta say that Jehuty is looking mighty fine, d-style Arbalest looks awesome too..
Last edited by Heecarl_Reez on Sat Jul 23, 2011 6:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
reeoyuy

Heecarl_Reez wrote: BTW from Kotobukiya side http://hk.myblog.yahoo.com/iam-cybergun ... ?mid=78167 I gotta say that Jehuty is looking mighty fine, d-style Arbalest looks awesome too..
Whoa, the original Nineball! Nice, but I still prefer Nine Breaker version...If only I can find it somewhere. And I hope that Jehuty will have stand included. A display stand is obligatory for any Orbital Frame models/toys.
blind_dead_mcjones

looks like we may be getting a HG GN-XIV afterall

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-43aEc0wflTE/T ... 1600/3.jpg
Flag Fighter for life!