Upcoming Models, Merch, & Rumors XI

Discuss models, figures, Blu-rays and more.
Raiden

Re: Upcoming Models, Merch, & Rumors XI

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-_wm2oLFZCWQ/T ... 1600/1.jpg

And here be our Banshee HG's. Both are out in January.
Arsarcana

Hmmm, something seems different about this Banshee...
Heecarl_Reez

I welcomed the differentiation they made for Banshee with the original Unicorn, and now I might consider getting it. Also maybe speaking too soon, but now I wonder if changes will be made for Unicorn final form (Not too fond of Full Armor myself) ..
Arsarcana

If they're going so far as to give the Banshee an entirely different primary armament, I wouldn't be surprised if they did something new for Unicorn at the end. It might explain why they're releasing FAUC almost a year in advance of the episode that's going to include it.
Heecarl_Reez

Some new images of MG Heavyarms EW~ Looking good, red+orange scheme really suits heavyarms the best. :D
Arsarcana

Yeah, original color over blue any day! Also, is looks like some surgery might be in order unless there's a second mounting point we can't see on these shots; the knife appears to mount to the side of the arm instead of the bottom where it was fixed on the TV version. oddly, Glory of the Defeated also shows it on the underside so I dunno what's up with that shot.
Gone Astray

Arsarcana wrote:Yeah, original color over blue any day! Also, is looks like some surgery might be in order unless there's a second mounting point we can't see on these shots; the knife appears to mount to the side of the arm instead of the bottom where it was fixed on the TV version. oddly, Glory of the Defeated also shows it on the underside so I dunno what's up with that shot.
It looks like the side-mount is to provide symmetry between the arms, since the shield tacks onto the arm now. I haven't looked into GotD too much, but isn't that a change? I thought the shield mounted on the gatling, like in the show. Also, the rear shoulder and hip launchers have me confused, because they show up in some shots and lineart and not in others; are they supposed to be additions to the Kai, then, along with the dual gatlings, or is this just a case of photographers' preference and they're just not being displayed every time?

Either way, I'm getting this baby, because hey, MG Heavyarms.
"For who would lose, though full of pain, this intellectual being--those thoughts that wander through eternity; to perish rather, swallowed up and lost in the wide womb of uncreated night, devoid of sense and motion?"
Heecarl_Reez

The lineart shows that the army knife are supposed to be at the bottom of right arm, unfortunately I think this placement happens because of the EW frame it shared with the other 3 gundams - and as you can see that at the bottom of both arms there's no mounting point, so yeah... Surgery is needed...
Also, the rear shoulder and hip launchers have me confused, because they show up in some shots and lineart and not in others; are they supposed to be additions to the Kai, then, along with the dual gatlings, or is this just a case of photographers' preference and they're just not being displayed every time?
Maybe they just forgot, or they gonna display it in the next official images. It shows up in the magazine scans though.
Arsarcana

I hadn't considered the possibility that the right arm side mount was probably there to facilitate the conversion of the kit to the Heavyarms Kai which needs a mounting spot for the second gatling. Okay, that makes sense. Not including a mount for the spot where every single source actually places the knife now... Oh well, it's not like it's a hard modification.

The hip and rear shoulder launchers are definitely in; test shots have shown them off at various points. They probably just forgot to include them here. I'm pretty sure all the previous artwork of the Ver Ka had no shield, with the thing being a very recent afterthought since they're trying to fit various TV gimmicks onto the pre-upgrade Ver Ka designs.
Robertthecrimson

Heecarl_Reez wrote:Some new images of MG Heavyarms EW~ Looking good, red+orange scheme really suits heavyarms the best. :D
Thanks for sharing the link. Love the new redesign. This might get me back into bulding model again.
flamingtroll

http://ww2.sinaimg.cn/large/69618c28gw1dnktev1figj.jpg

Surprised that no one posted this. It looks quite different from the sample from before.
Arsarcana

I can see more detail in the artwork certainly but the basic design doesn't seem to have changed. You can make out some stuff in the sample kit like the detailing on the railgun and the smaller missile pod, the redesigned torso compared to the original, the layer effect of the forearm armor... dunno, I'm not really seeing big differences.
Heecarl_Reez

http://blog.yahoo.com/cybergundam/artic ... 6%AC%84%29

Kinda forgot to post about that actually. The promo also mention about new X-100 frame, yep new frame it is.

Also price list, release date if anyone interested:

-MG Gundam Age-1 Normal -February -3500 yen
-MG Duel Gundam AS -February -4200 yen
-HG 1/144 Gundam AGE-2 Normal- January 1,500Yen
-HG 1/144 Dorado 1,200Yen- January
-HG 1/144 Zedas R -January-1,500Yen
-HG 1/144 Atel- February-1,200Yen
blind_dead_mcjones

interesting how its designated the X-100 frame rather than it being stated as specifically for the duel, maybe they're going to do like they did with the units from gundam wing and do MG's of all the GAT series suits using this X-100 frame as a base. with the duel being a 'proof of concept' so to speak, then possibly follow up with the blu duel and verde buster (at a stretch the titular stargazer as well) to complement the strike noir, maybe even do a strike 2.0 if its successful enough.

course this is all just speculation on my part.
Flag Fighter for life!
Hi_Nu_Gundam

blind_dead_mcjones wrote:interesting how its designated the X-100 frame rather than it being stated as specifically for the duel, maybe they're going to do like they did with the units from gundam wing and do MG's of all the GAT series suits using this X-100 frame as a base. with the duel being a 'proof of concept' so to speak, then possibly follow up with the blu duel and verde buster (at a stretch the titular stargazer as well) to complement the strike noir, maybe even do a strike 2.0 if its successful enough.

course this is all just speculation on my part.
I have no doubt they're going to do this, and I have a feeling there are going to do something similar for all MG kits from now on, simply cause it will save them a lot of money.
Things never to say/ask on MAHQ:

Did Char and Amuro Really die?
I think Wing is better than UC.
Really, are Char and Amuro Dead?
Gundam Seed Destiny was a great show, better than Turn A!
Where can I find Gundam hentai?
Seriously people, did Char and Amuro die or not!?
DeganUAB

This is a little off topic, but where is Gundam Unicorn vol 4 on bluray?
Now is the time for mankind to stand up for the future.
Dark Duel

You can buy it from BandaiStore online directly until the end of the year, because they are closing down their store on 12-29.
Other than that, you can try amazon; I've never seen it anywhere else.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
DeganUAB

It's still listed as preorder on the bandai store and bandai store on amazon doesn't have it listed. Bizarrely I couldn't find it on eBay either. Has anyone else bought it?
Now is the time for mankind to stand up for the future.
Dark Duel

Me; I preordered it from BandaiStore way back when it first became available for preorder, and I received it roughly a week ago.
Dunno about anyone else though.

Not sure why it still says "preorder" on bandai's website given that its release date was the 2nd - which is over a week ago; then again since they're shutting down the site at the end of the month, they may just not have bothered.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Raiden

Very impressed by the HG Gundam Age-2 Normal. The MA form reminds me of Victory, but also reminds me a bit of the AR Wing from Starfox :D

http://gundamguy.blogspot.com/2011/12/h ... x-art.html

Will definitely pick up the MG of this and maybe the HG if i get some spare christmas money :D.