Upcoming Models, Merch, & Rumors XI

Discuss models, figures, Blu-rays and more.
AGF-Antoine

Re: Upcoming Models, Merch, & Rumors XI

Xenosynth wrote:(Side note but... slight pet peeve. Technically, given the way the parts are, it's not really based on the real grade (It seems to have a real inner frame) and the part splits aren't the same. It's based on the G30th Gundam design.)
I thought the same.
Which is why I am hoping this will result in MG Forever Gundam.
Each gen of MG RX-78-2 seems to result in an armor system variation release.

1.0 ---> Perfect Gundam
1.5 ---> RX-78-4 and RX-78-5
2.0 ---> Full Armor Gundam

So the idea wouldn't be that far fetched, I think...

On another note, I think it is weird they didn't announce any new AGE models, AGE-1 Swordia for example.

AGF-Antoine
Gone Astray

AGF-Antoine wrote:Each gen of MG RX-78-2 seems to result in an armor system variation release.

1.0 ---> Perfect Gundam
1.5 ---> RX-78-4 and RX-78-5
2.0 ---> Full Armor Gundam

So the idea wouldn't be that far fetched, I think...
A Forever release may be possible, since it and the 3.0 are based on the G30th design, but I kind of doubt it. The GPB line seems like a little novelty sort of thing, it doesn't seem like Bandai would take the time to bring it into MG.

Also, the only one of those examples you listed that holds true is the FA. The Perfect, G4, and G5 aren't variations on any previous kits.
On another note, I think it is weird they didn't announce any new AGE models, AGE-1 Swordia for example.
We'll probably see it as an exclusive, if we get it at all. But that does make me wonder, have we heard anything more on the MG AGE-3 and FX?
"For who would lose, though full of pain, this intellectual being--those thoughts that wander through eternity; to perish rather, swallowed up and lost in the wide womb of uncreated night, devoid of sense and motion?"
RLZIII

Prototypes of the MG AGE-3 and AGE-FX were shown a while ago but there's been no new info since. My guess is that Bandai is just spreading out the releases; keep in mind that the AGE-2 Double Bullet is just now coming out. From all of the Shizuoka images that I saw the two prototypes did not make another appearance. But I am hoping for them soon; I plan to order all four AGE Normal suits at the same time and building them in order. While the AGE-FX is my least favorite design of the AGE suits, I suspect it will have the most interesting build.
Xenosynth

The more of the MG 3.0 RX-78-2 I see, the better it looks. It seems to just look less clunky compared to the real grade. And a lot of the detail looks amazing. The detail on the backpack thrusters looks really awesome. Scaled up RG my ass.

This guy is starting to look like a must-buy as well.

Doven Wolf's UC colors aren't as bad as the lineart made it out to be.
Arsarcana

I'll probably be painting the thing in 'classic' colors anyways on the basis that I don't know if they'll give us a ZZ version or not and prefer the origiinal colors but I've yet to see anything to dissuade me from grabbing the thing as soon as possible. They aren't disappointing on the level of detail they're putting into the thing, that's for sure.
Heecarl_Reez

Initially I thought there won't be exciting Gunpla news this month, well guess I'm wrong...Gundam ACE dropped the bomb --MG Wing Gundam Proto Zero, or perhaps I could say it's Wing Zero TV design with Katoki-ized style(Perhaps for GotL manga appearance), release date is probably October... Yeah!

http://blog.yahoo.com/cybergundam/artic ... 9661/index
Dark Duel

HOLY CRAP DO WANT.
And yes, it's a GotL tie-in, I'm pretty sure. I distinctly remember a page of the manga that showed a brief glimpse of that unit, though I can't remember exactly where I saw this and I don't have the time to go looking for it at the moment.
I'm really surprised though - I expected they would just be lazy and stick the different wings and shield onto the already existing Katoki Wing/Zero main body and give it the EW Zero's Buster Rifle, but they actually redesigned the TV Wing Zero design instead. I really want it.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Heecarl_Reez

Yep, saw that Image too... The wikia has it, from the monthly gundam age scan months ago. But newer scans from the GOTL vol.4 shows clearer image. Interestingly the manga art seems indicating that they initially want some Wing EW design aspects remained (arm gauntlet, double rear skirt), while the design for new MG seems are closer to Okawara Design.

Anyway, the cybergundam link has been updated, color scheme was shown-which resembled the TV color. Some color changers are the twin buster riffle having an orange/red accent instead of yellow, and the same thing applied to the yellow section in the wings.
Raiden

As expected a hybrid of sorts. We do see hints throughout that suggest the Angel Wing Zero design is probably the upgrade (most likely when Zech's gets it or when Heero joins up with Howard on Peacemillion). Either way i doubt they are just gonna toss the Wing Zero Custom design aside and pretend like it never existed since we do see it on Epyon's box, manual, and even in the little comic pamplet the japanese release of Epyon has.

Anyway its a buy for me. It would also be interesting if they make more add on weapons for the Gundams like Altron/Nataku getting a jetpack with the stinger beam cannons.

Surprised no one mentioned the MG Strike Rouge Ver RM Phoenix equipment. Though to be honest i would have prefered a new IWSP mold instead since this is just a pack based off of the Perfect Strike configuration most likely with the wings sort of like the IWSP. But regardless at least its not a Bandai Hobby Exclusive.
SNT1

Heecarl_Reez wrote:Initially I thought there won't be exciting Gunpla news this month, well guess I'm wrong...Gundam ACE dropped the bomb --MG Wing Gundam Proto Zero, or perhaps I could say it's Wing Zero TV design with Katoki-ized style(Perhaps for GotL manga appearance), release date is probably October... Yeah!

http://blog.yahoo.com/cybergundam/artic ... 9661/index
Best gunpla news in over a year. Wing (Proto?) Zero!

And it's a lot closer to the TV version than the Epyon was... sweet!
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
Random_GM_Pilot

Looks way too similar to Wing Ver. Ka for me to say I'm at all happy about it. I wish they'd do a proper Wing Zero even if they have to adjust the proportions like the MG Wing Gundam tv ver.
SHIHO: This is Codename “Background”. Codenames “Lenny” and “Carl” are suitably distracted. Begin the operation.
Arsarcana

It's got the original wings, shoulder design, TBR and mostly the original shield and it transforms. It's probably as close to the TV design as we're ever going to get and plenty close enough for me. Do Want, Now.
Raiden wrote:It would also be interesting if they make more add on weapons for the Gundams like Altron/Nataku getting a jetpack with the stinger beam cannons.
That would be awesome. Granted, I'd rather a full TV Altron but if it's the difference between not getting any of those parts at all and getting them with Katoki stylings, I'll take it!

Now about that MG Leo...
Surprised no one mentioned the MG Strike Rouge Ver RM Phoenix equipment.
It's basically Perfect Strike meets IWSP on a suit that's probably never going to do anything interesting onscreen, much like the IWSP teasing in Destiny that went precisely nowhere. I like it better than most of the Vs. designs but that's not saying much.
Mythgarr

Strike Phoenix is poor man's Perfect Strike (literally, cause it's priced just one MG)
Visit The Dreams
Random_GM_Pilot

Mythgarr wrote:Strike Phoenix is poor man's Perfect Strike (literally, cause it's priced just one MG)
So you have a hideous disaster of a design and a poor man's hideous disaster of a design. Neither especially is a mark of good taste.
SHIHO: This is Codename “Background”. Codenames “Lenny” and “Carl” are suitably distracted. Begin the operation.
Raiden

http://gundamguy.blogspot.com/2013/07/1 ... o-now.html

HGAC line announced and first up of course is Wing Gundam Tv Version.
Heecarl_Reez

So about Gundam BF announcement... Yeah...Aside from that yeah, Build Strike Gundam (Gotta reuse that Strike RM Frame Bandai!!) from the new series, they also announced All Gundam HG Project lineup, starting from this September with HGAC Wing.... HYPE!!

EDIT:Woops ninja'd
Xenosynth

That's pretty amazing. Gundam Double-X also is announced there and Victory. Hopefully these lines won't be made of just one kit, but also contain grunts and stuff!
Heecarl_Reez

Yeah the wave of main character MS: HG Wing (September 1500 Yen), DX (October 1700 yen), V1 (November 1200 yen), F91(!! December), V2(Jan 2014). God, is this reality?? This is just too awesome, and guess Bandai already filled their incoming before the last wave of Unicorn models kicks in.
Random_GM_Pilot

Xenosynth wrote:That's pretty amazing. Gundam Double-X also is announced there and Victory. Hopefully these lines won't be made of just one kit, but also contain grunts and stuff!
There are already HGAWs for Gundam X and X Divider, as far as being only one kit. I do hope for more from Victory and Wing down the road, though. I'd hate for Wing to be the only TV series version suit to get out in HG as with MG. And here's hoping the HGUC V ditches the complete transformation; that pointless feature made the MG Victory an unmitigated disaster.
Dark Duel

Heecarl_Reez wrote:So about Gundam BF announcement... Yeah...Aside from that yeah, Build Strike Gundam (Gotta reuse that Strike RM Frame Bandai!!)
The sad part is, that still looks better than either the so-called "Perfect Strike" or this crappy Phoenix thing they came up with for the Strike Rouge.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."