Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Discussion » Modeling and Merchandise

Post Posted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:07 pm 
Mysterious Masked Dude

A week or so ago I headed up to an Anime Convention (Anime Boston if anyone was wondering) and picked up the new EW edition of the Wing Gundam Ver. Ka.

http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2011/ ... 3f9q6t.jpg

http://th06.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/i/2 ... 3ew9v3.jpg

I had fun with this kit being the first I've built in a few years and was pretty much a straight build. Only thing that went wrong was during the building I accidentally broke the long part on the V-fin :oops: .. I broke the other side as well just so it was symmetrical at least >.>" . Honestly, I think it still looks good, but tell me what you think. And since this was the first kit I've had in awhile I didn't have anything like Gundam Markers or paint ready, so I used an Exacto-knife and some pastels dissolved in a bit of water for the panel lining xD

I love the way this guy looks and how pose-able it is. Nothing much really gets in the way of each other besides the ammo racks; and they only really affect the wings which I put horizontally anyways. The only thing about the kit that bugs me is the hands.. Jeez, since this was a re-release couldn't they have just added a new set of static hand pieces to hold that damned Buster Rifle up? Since they didn't does anyone know of a way to get MG sized hands to replace them or something like that? I was also thinking if anyone had some color ideas for the V-fin. I sort of want to try a red middle piece and leaving the rest yellow, but idk. Anyone's opinion is welcome :D

Be kawaii and visit the Art and Multimedia section.

Post Posted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 11:22 pm 
Okawara x Katoki Love Child

The single V-fin's not too bad really, maybe it's just me being used to the TV designs more but seeing Wing EW looking a bit less WZC-ish in any way works for me even if it wasn't the effect you were trying for :wink:. S-Gundam has a similar color scheme around its forehead sensor that looks pretty good if you want the red on gold look.

As for the hands, B-Club had a set of manipulators for the MG Wing, I imagine you could fit them to the EW version if you could get your hands on a set.

Post Posted: Fri May 06, 2011 1:47 pm 
Lackey GM Pilot

I recently picked up the same kit as well. My first MG personally, so I thought it was pretty good. Fortunately, I did not break anything while building it, but I do think it looks too much like the WZC, despite it not being a direct upgrade of the Wing. To hold the buster rifle, I followed the tips in the MAHQ review, basically trying to hold it in the ridge of the hand and keeping it there, using the thumb as a stabilizer. You'll figure it out eventually. Even with the grasp, the arm still cant support the weapon and droops if the rifle is held out with a straight arm like the classic beam rifle pose. I find it stays put and poses well if the arm guard is put under the shoulder armor to support it or you put the arm at a 90 degree angle. Wish they followed the same thing as the MG Wing TV and had a separate grasp for the gun.

Accidentally bought an action base 3 with it, so cant pose it on a stand lol.

Post Posted: Fri May 06, 2011 11:32 pm 
Retconned MSV Ace

i just put mine in a permanent MA mode so i can forget about holding the gun... helps that the MA mode look awesome. :P

that shorten V fin do look very nice. its like that is how the head is suppose to look. i gonna cut mine down too.

Post Posted: Sun May 08, 2011 8:41 pm 
Mysterious Masked Dude

Thanks for the compliments guys! I figured that I never really hold the beam rifle in a firing position anyways so the hands aren't a big deal. I've also come to like the single fin as well (well, a lot more than before, lol) and I'm using some photoshop skillz to see if I like the red middle piece too. I'll put pics up later 8) .

Be kawaii and visit the Art and Multimedia section.

Board index » Discussion » Modeling and Merchandise