Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Discussion » Modeling and Merchandise

Post subject: Gunpla Buyer Question
 Post Posted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:53 pm 
Elitist Earth Politician

Location: In the fridge, behind the mayonnaise, next to the ketchup, and to the left of the coleslaw.
Depending on where you shop for Gunpla, is it cheaper or more expensive to order spare parts than buying a whole kit to acquire those parts?

My YouTube Channel!

My Photobucket Album!

My Gunpla Blog!

Post Posted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:47 pm 
Newtype Emo Guy

It really depends on where you go for parts, how many parts you need, and how expensive is the kit itself? If you only need a few parts, you don't want to have to buy an entire runner like HLJ makes you do. However, if you need a tone of parts from a single runner, that may be easier. They charge a percentage of the price of the kit depending on the percentage of the kit you want.

Gundam Store and More charges $2.50 per part and then $5 for each weapon (sword, gun, etc), plus $2.95 for shipping... Buying 4 or 5 parts for a high grade kit, you're better off buying a new kit and keep extra parts for whatever. However, $15 total for a few parts for that MG The O you messed up because you used the wrong thinner and now the leg armor is melting vs shelling out $80 for a whole new one, much better deal. But GSAM will only sell parts from a kit on their "parts list" unless there are enough requests for them to dig into a new kit.

I'm not sure how GG Infinite does their parts orders, but I hear they can get them straight from Bandai. They might be your best bet, if that's the case.

Want to Buy LM Leo or Taurus from Gundam Wing, built or unbuilt! Willing to pay big!

Post Posted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:43 pm 
Creepy Bishonen

I dun think ive actually seen the Gundam Store and more even update their list...

Board index » Discussion » Modeling and Merchandise