MSIA Today

Discuss models, figures, Blu-rays and more.
Xiphas

MSIA Today

I recently bought two of them to complete my collection: got the Tallgeese III and the Sandrock Custom. They're not bad, lacking in total articulation compared to later MSIA and the Damashii's but I like em, esp since the Sandrock has its cape and the Tallgeese is already painted. Does anyone still collect these? I presume the line itself is dead, along with HCM Pros. I hope they revive it, since I cant picture myself paying $30 or more for a figure.
G-Slayer
Location: In the fridge, behind the mayonnaise, next to the ketchup, and to the left of the coleslaw.

Re: MSIA Today

I collected MSiA's offline till the retail stores stopped selling them. I also bought Limited Edition figures on eBay but stopped when they got too expensive and took up space.
"That's it! I'll never Gundam the pilot again, Bright!"--Amuro Ray

My YouTube Channel!

My Photobucket Album!

My Gunpla Blog!
InjuredPelican

My last MSiA was from the extended line. I got Zeta, cause I just have to have it if I claim to have a good collection. After how well the SEED figures were done, it was a shame how lame the 00 Gundam msia were in comparison. Exia could barely hold most of his weapons, a problem I had with most msia that the extended line avoids. I've still considering collecting Nu Gundam and Sazabi, but they've gotten real expensive. I'd also still like to get msia extended Char's Gelgoog to match my extended RX-78 Gundam.
"And so I fight for the Moonrace. However, I am also fighting for the Earthrace! I fight against anyone who does not cherish their people's lives! No matter who they are, I will fight against them!"
-Loran Cehack
Xiphas

yeah i have the extended Zeta as well, pretty good, my only gripe is it has no mega launcher. :( I also have the extended Gundam Mk II Titans and Zaku II, liked the Titans alot. Sometimes I wish I didnt have so many of the Seed and Seed Destiny MSIA though, they're all of the same variety, beam rifle, shield and beam saber, its gets dull having all your figures have the same armaments all the time...
InjuredPelican

Xiphas wrote:yeah i have the extended Zeta as well, pretty good, my only gripe is it has no mega launcher.
I know what you mean. i was so mad it only came with the rifle. Thankfully, Hyaku Shiki and Gundam Mk. II came with all of tehre weapons. i dow ish Mk. II had its Super Gundam parts though.

The SEED figures do have some monotony about them, but I like that many of their weapons are interchangeable with eachother. Right now I have Force Impulse with two beam rifles, and I even modified my Savior Gundam (one of my favorites) to have beam swords on its feet, so its that much mor elike Aegis now. It makes its transformed mode cooler too.
"And so I fight for the Moonrace. However, I am also fighting for the Earthrace! I fight against anyone who does not cherish their people's lives! No matter who they are, I will fight against them!"
-Loran Cehack
Xiphas

The SEED figures do have some monotony about them, but I like that many of their weapons are interchangeable with eachother. Right now I have Force Impulse with two beam rifles, and I even modified my Savior Gundam (one of my favorites) to have beam swords on its feet, so its that much mor elike Aegis now. It makes its transformed mode cooler too.
I like the Saviour too, shame it was savioured :( . How'd you mod it?
InjuredPelican

It was a bit tricky. The ankle flaps come off and have a connector that can connect to some of the other msia figures' forearms. You can either use a forearm with a plug in hand, like the older ones, to put a beam saber handle into it. Or just leave the hand on the forearm and give them a beam saber to hold. I used the forearms of the first version of the RX-78 figure. I've been collecting msia for a long time, so I have a lot of pieces to choose from. So Savior now looks more badass than ever, quite an accomplishment in my opinion.

I remember I was so mad about Athrun and Savior getting absolutely owned by Freedom I actually wrote a half baked fixfic. Its just one of many fixfics in the Destiny section though.
-Loran Cehack
Xiphas

I used the forearms of the first version of the RX-78 figure
Oh man, the first RX-78 figure... I can't believe I chose to buy that thing over the Char's Zaku, Nataku, and the Tallgeese III at the same Walmart shelf... It's just such a bad figure... guess I shouldn't have expected so much, but yeah, I feel bad for anyone who has it, the arms fall off so easily, the feet have no articulation, the skirt armor doesn't bend, the head has no ball joint. Too many problems. :(.
InjuredPelican

Xiphas wrote:
I used the forearms of the first version of the RX-78 figure
Oh man, the first RX-78 figure... I can't believe I chose to buy that thing over the Char's Zaku, Nataku, and the Tallgeese III at the same Walmart shelf... It's just such a bad figure... guess I shouldn't have expected so much, but yeah, I feel bad for anyone who has it, the arms fall off so easily, the feet have no articulation, the skirt armor doesn't bend, the head has no ball joint. Too many problems. :(.
I know exactly what you mean. But I am grateful for it so I could make Savior that much cooler. Thats what junk figures are good for: modifying. Those figures are no good on their own, but lots of fun to either tear apart in play or to use their parts for better purposes. Thankfully I got the RX-78 extended figure to erase any bad memories I had of the first version rx-78. (Plus I bought Char's Zaku at the same time as RX-78. It is a very nice figure, unlike Gundam...).
-Loran Cehack