A Zeta sized bump in the road

Discuss models, figures, Blu-rays and more.
zabimustdie

A Zeta sized bump in the road

Hello everyone. I have an embarrassing question to ask. I have the 1.0 version of the PG Zeta Gundam. I have run into a few problems on the instructions so far, but Yahoo Answers and the internet at large has been able to help me so far.

The problem I am having is here http://twitpic.com/45xsee

I can't figure the length I need to cut the white and black cables for the lights in the wings. Someone on Answers translated it as saying to cut the black cable to 25cm, but as in this picture http://twitpic.com/4al03s it seems longer than 25cm to me.

I appreciate the help greatly since I am just waiting to get past this hump.

You guys rock.
"Where there is no death, there is life." - Ghost in Chronopolis, Chrono Cross
duke4799

Re: A Zeta sized bump in the road

Looking at scans of the manual on dalong.net, it does say 25 cm. my suggestion would be to measure out 25 cm without cutting it, mark it at that point and test loop the wire through to see if that will be long enough to that point. Normally there is a measuring rule printed on a nearby page in the manual and the point to cut at should be marked.
Until Next Time: Happy Building!
-Joe
Joe's Gunpla

Want to Buy LM Leo or Taurus from Gundam Wing, built or unbuilt! Willing to pay big!
zabimustdie

Re: A Zeta sized bump in the road

Thank you very much. Dalong seems like a very awesome site. I'll do the guessing part first. Not sure how long the measurement graph at the bottom of that page is. I imagine it will have the cut off point though. Wish there were more scans of the manuals. Not sure if that's a copyright thing though.
"Where there is no death, there is life." - Ghost in Chronopolis, Chrono Cross