Upcoming Models, Merch, & Rumors X

Discuss models, figures, Blu-rays and more.
jabman025

Re: Upcoming Models, Merch, & Rumors X

Heecarl_Reez wrote:Homeless posted this in Gundam 00 forum
November MG would be from 00 Series??(I hope so...00 Gundam!!)
I'm not surprised, I personally surprised that the September kit wasn't a 00 kit. I gonna bet it will be the Reborns Gundam, just a guess.
Xbox Live, Playstation Network, and Twitter : Jabman025
and check out my gunpla reviews on youtube http://www.youtube.com/user/jabman025
SNT1

Or it could be an MG Astraea or GN-XIII...this is Bandai, after all
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
quasadra

i still want that MG Dynames, Bandai. :P 00 is most likely, Astrea just have a HG released, GN-XIII will be the worst case scenario. it will be pure win if its Custom Flag. highly highly unlikely.
SD Gundam Capsule Fighter Online SEA IGN: 8bitNPC
Newtype87

I was talking with my friend earlier, and I felt there were a few possibilities: Dynames, Exia R2, 00 Gundam/Raiser/Seven Swords/G, and GN-XIII. 00 is the most obvious choice: it's another hero machine like Exia, it's already had a PG release so they've got experience making it, and you've got room for at least two expansion packs (the 0 Raiser if it's not included and the Seven Swords/G equipment), so it seems like a good investment. Exia R2 is because it's a relatively easy modification of the original Exia, but it might not be popular enough to warrant the modification. Dynames might be fairly easy, since it's a modified Exia frame and is also a popular Gundam. GN-XIII is another grunt machine and an easy modification of the GN-X. I have to admit to not thinking about a Flag unit, but that might be a possibility too. 00 Gundam/Raiser seems to be the best investment on Bandai's part, though.
"WE ARE THE HARO. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE." - Ascension
"Sucks to be you. Sucks to be you." - Haro
"My godlike powers must be getting rusty." - Graham
ClicheNameGuy

Frankly, a Flag would pretty much result in 00's Zaku as far as MGs go.

Just off the top of my head: Flag, Overflag, GN Flag, Masurao, Susanowo, Brave, and Brave (Commander). Those are all MS that could likely be designed around a general body frame-type, with the obvious internals/externals to fufill their differentions between them. Then there's the variations from the side-stories and such too...so for profit motive anyway, it's kinda there. The GN-X# series as well, though far lesser so. But it does seem rather odd to suddenly suggest an 00 MG, and in speculation, almost invariably NOT suggest the 00Q, given the timing.

It would be a massive troll, in many respects, if it turned out to be the 00 Gundam (and without even the option for the condenser variant :( ). It's been a rather long time, given the fact that the Exia frame exists already (and through some modifications, it's possible to make a 00Q from the MG Exia, with some HG 1/100 parts from the 00), it's QUITE possible to have hurredly designed a MG 00Q. If a lone modeller could do it over a period of two months, i'm sure a design team could do so in little more. Of course, it could be equally trollerific if it turns out to be a Geara Zulu or something, and the placement of that sign was just an unintended mistake. :P But it is almost positively going to be the 00Q; I just don't see the 00 Gundam being likely until early next year, given all that's happening in Gundam this fall, it would have come already in September perhaps, given how out of nowhere the Ver. EW Deathscythe is..

They've also kinda done some weird releases (like the Astrays for no reason earlier this year) that could have gone towards rolling out some of the much-wanted S1 Gundams/MS. But then again, the MG-line has always been sort of weird, with afew exceptions, when it comes to time-sensitive releases. The most prevalent example, of course, being the Unicorn-related MGs (though even here, there's a jarring lack of Geara Zulus, 3-years on from the novel's debut..) and to a lesser extent, Wing (sequel manga).
Of course, the lack of the S1 Gundams besides Exia isn't surprising either; we STILL don't have a MG Jegan or Geara Doga...or GM II/III (i'm really surprised this never happened, frankly) all these years later, lol.
quasadra

keep in mind that 00Q just have a HG released this month. and a magazine promotion of Full Saber expansion in December. Bandai is not done with the HG yet.
SD Gundam Capsule Fighter Online SEA IGN: 8bitNPC
ClicheNameGuy

It doesn't mean that a MG 00Q isn't possible at all; infact it's more likely to not include the variations' components on it to begin with. The MG Astrays not coming with all of the various weapon systems as an example; or perhaps as a hobby magazine special like the Unicorn and Sinanju additional weaponry.

If it IS a 00 MS, then it's likely to be the Quanta given the timing of the movie; it's just too close to the release to really discount the probability of it. It would be more of a genuine surprise if it were a Flag. At this point it's either going to be something related to the 00 movie; or ??? from 00, if it's an 00-related MG at all. Again, don't forget how odd the model lines can be. The HGs are the most time-sensitive anyway; the MG isn't consistant on a monthly basis, except in exceptional circumstances (the 00 movie is one of them). The MG line has really never followed the same trend as the 1/444 HGs to begin with anyway, it's always been fairly independent of whatever theme the 1/444s have going (except in the aforementioned exceptional circumstances). We did see Zeta 2.0s back in the release timeframe of the Zeta movies afterall.

Again, the real probability of it being the 00Q is that it's essentially just a matter of designing new external armor/some new frame components on an Exia frame; whereas the 00 Gundam is a significantly greater departure (however it has been in development for far longer). I think there's a general consensus though, that it will be a Setsuna-piloted MS.

After that though, it's really quite surprising that we have not seen more 00 MGs, not even ANOTHER Gundam. It is quite surprising that 00 has been basicly ignored in large part in favor of Unicorn (in total since both began in 2007). It would sort of be a continuation of the trend with the SEED MGs I guess then.
Sulendil Zeta

I don't really expect 00Q for this November MG, since MG never have a habit of releasing any kits three months after their initial appearance on big screen. 00 Gundam, IMHO, is a more likely candidate, although it's a bit surprising how low key they keep this release. I mean, 2 months away from the release and still no prototype, not even a single hint of what MS it might be, to be shown? Suspicious...

On the unrelated note, Dalong has release the review of MG The-O, which earns only 84 points, the first ever MG to receive such a mark lower than 90 since Perfect Zeong (which is released at Jun 2004). From the Google translation, it seems that he's unhappy with the quality provided by this 12000 yen kit, given its heavy price tag. I'm glad I pass this one up, to be sure.
jabman025

Sulendil Zeta wrote:I don't really expect 00Q for this November MG, since MG never have a habit of releasing any kits three months after their initial appearance on big screen. 00 Gundam, IMHO, is a more likely candidate, although it's a bit surprising how low key they keep this release. I mean, 2 months away from the release and still no prototype, not even a single hint of what MS it might be, to be shown? Suspicious...

On the unrelated note, Dalong has release the review of MG The-O, which earns only 84 points, the first ever MG to receive such a mark lower than 90 since Perfect Zeong (which is released at Jun 2004). From the Google translation, it seems that he's unhappy with the quality provided by this 12000 yen kit, given its heavy price tag. I'm glad I pass this one up, to be sure.
I'm a little surpised by Dalong on this one, I really liked my THE O and gave it a thumbs up in my review, sure it was a little overpriced but what did you expect this is the biggest MG kit to come out in years
and check out my gunpla reviews on youtube http://www.youtube.com/user/jabman025
blind_dead_mcjones

jabman025 wrote:
I'm a little surpised by Dalong on this one, I really liked my THE O and gave it a thumbs up in my review, sure it was a little overpriced but what did you expect this is the biggest MG kit to come out in years
i think there's a little more to it than just being overpriced, if i'm reading the google translation correctly a lot of his gripes are to do with the lack of detail or something to that effect and seeing the ocmparison to its HGUC sibling i can sorta understand what he's getting at (if the lack of detail is in fact the case of what he's complaining about, i think looseness of some joints is mentioned as well)

also bear in mind that the MG sazabi is about the same size as the 0, has a couple more accessories to it, somewhat better articulation and it costs about 4000 yen less
Flag Fighter for life!
Arsarcana

One thing I just can't get about The O is how you've got a kit that costs that much and they couldn't be bothered to add a second sprue to allow it to make full use of its most prominent gimmick (the sub arms). Really now, would one more clear part sprue for a second set of matching saber blades have cost anything considering how much they're already charging? I mean, I can sort of understand 1/100 Seravee not having a full set but that's not an MG.
SNT1

You're buying a big, plump, yellow ball of plastic for $130 in The-O. It's just too expensive, even for today's MG standards.
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
jabman025

I thought The O was great on detail, there were really one 3 problems with this kit, it was a little back heavy, the hips were loose when on an action base, and they only gave you 2 beam sabers.

As for the price, I am willing to bet that a Sazabi or Nu Gundam Version 2.0 would cost around 130 if it were to come out today.
iKhaotic

The O seriously costs $130?... -__- that's pretty insane. glad i'm not a fan of that suit lol
[Relinquish your pain...unto me...]
[Neither will alone, nor strength alone]
~Sword of the Blue Skies~
ClicheNameGuy

In all honesty, the only two issues with The O is the puzzling lack of a second yellow beam saber tree, and the price. I haven't experienced any of the joint looseness yet.
With regards to the detail (surface anyway), I suppose it's ultimately personal taste. OYW Gundam-type detail would not work at all on The O, IMO. That said, the price is probably 4,000-5,000 too high. But, if on the plus side it means more large-scale MS in the future, it's a hit to the wallet i'd gladly take.

And like Jabman said, a Sazabi 2.0 would probably have a similar price (a Nu 2.0 would pretty much just be at the same price as the Hi-Nu). I don't know about articulation, since those joints are always fighting gravity and whatnot..sometimes it's probably better to limit the range of motion and complexity of mechanisms on large and heavy MS. I'd also wonder if pre-fabricated lightweight metal frame legs and such for these large MS would be a solution (if it were possible to make them stiffer...or allow them to lock by some means). Balance issues could be resolved by implementing counter-weights into the frame itself for MS with weight issues. But all of these things would raise the price point, sadly.
pk-man
Location: receiving faxes in the washroom, on Deck 9 aboard White Base

Dalong said that if The-O is priced at 8000 (same as Sazabi), he would've given it a higher score. As the most expensive MG kit, The O naturally will have higher expectations. However, seeing how it has some glaring problems, like lack of details on the inner frame and underside of the armor, weak hip joint, only 2 beams for the beam sabers, and the use of stickers to cover seam lines, it is hard to justify the 12000 yen price. There are also a lot of leftover parts (the red rings to make the pipes). Compare it with the HGUC version and you'll see that it doesn't really improve much besides having an inner frame.

When you combine all the weaknesses with the hefty price tag, this kit just stands out as inferior to recent MGs. I don't think this model is bad. It does have a wide range of motion for a bulky MS. There is a rumor that this MG was developed along with Zeta 2.0 5 years ago but Bandai shelved it for some reason (probably high cost). Maybe this is Bandai's experiment to see if people are die hard enough to shell out 12000 yen for an overpriced, sub par MG.
ClicheNameGuy

That's the thing though. How often do people really display any of their MGs with the bare internal frame showing? There's few spots on The O's internals/undersides where it's actually worthwhile to do any detailing. The underside of the armor is an especially silly gripe really. The exception being exclusively on the inside of the lower legs, that are viewable from the front (the shoulders would be another area, but on something like the Qubeley and Gelgoog). Even then, barring someone painting things bright colors...it's kind of hard to really see anything. For a perfect example of this, look at kits like the Dom (or Zaku, or Sinanju); all of that detail and whatnot is utterly obscured and you'll never see it unless painted in colors to make it visible. In many respects, that detailing would just end up likely driving up the costs (which is an already sore point with many people) in return for nothing unless you want to show it off. I cannot say with over a decade invested in Gunpla, that i've seen this ever be the case among a large number of people (minus the persons whom do battle damage, though at that juncture, you're likely scratch-building the detail anyway).

It does seem like it's probably 5 years old though, and it likely was held back due to the price (or another reason, who knows). Regardless it really isn't terribly flawed, atleast in no way less than any previous MG. The only issues really besides the price, is the lack of a second beam saber tree (which is utterly indefensible, and is maybe the most enraging point) and the limited range of movement for the sub-arms. I haven't really experienced the hip joint problems he's had, and haven't had any issues with seams (honestly, just get some Tamiya cement or something, it's such a silly gripe). Perhaps they could have made them flush with a panel line or something, but if you're just snapping the kit together anyway, it's more of a "What do you expect?" deal. Most people who do MGs in any serious capacity would probably have cement and sandpaper/sanding pads anyways. This would actually be the first time in awhile that I can really recall actually having to do this on a weapon..

Edit: Actually, the lack of pistons and other mechanical elements in the knees are what i'm surprised no one has actually raged about. This is really the biggest problem here, and probably the most justified point about the kit being overpriced
Heecarl_Reez

Putting aside MG The O for a while , here is the boxart of MG Deathscythe EW. The font, and color they use this time for the code number really stand out, and refreshing for the MG line IMO.

Bonus: HG Raphael boxart :mrgreen:
duke4799

In regards to the MG The O and it's lack of a second set of beam saber blades... Anyone who has a MG 2.0 Gelgoog already has a spare set as it came with the normal style blades AND the traditional naginata (sp?) sword looking blades which are the one always shown used...

I love the MG The O, it looks outstanding and I think it has just the right amount of detail. With something so large, I think it would have been folly to panel line the crap out of it. This will be the first time I shell out PG pricing for a model kit... maybe I'll make my fiance buy it for me for Christmas... :-P.
Until Next Time: Happy Building!
-Joe
Joe's Gunpla

Want to Buy LM Leo or Taurus from Gundam Wing, built or unbuilt! Willing to pay big!
Dark Duel

If I'm gonna shell out PG-level pricing for a model kit, I'd rather get a PG.
Sure, I can accept that the O is a nice-looking kit. But it's real expensive, and it's a MS I really don't like even though it saved my hide in the last few levels of Kamille's Titans route in Gundam VS Zeta.

Also, it looks better in glossy black IMO.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."