Upcoming Models, Merch, & Rumors X

Discuss models, figures, Blu-rays and more.
prince_of_zeon

Re: Upcoming Models, Merch, & Rumors X

Gundam AGE Gunpla Announced:
http://gundamguy.blogspot.com/2011/06/c ... e-new.html

So, thoughts?
The HG 1/144's don't surprise me, but the resurrection of the Mega Scale 1/48 is a tad interesting.

And has a MG ever been announced for a series that hasn't started airing? They seem to be placing a lot of faith in this design, although it seems like the AGE can be easily recycled into the Sparrow and the Titus, which is pretty much Bandai's modus opperandi.
Twat me: http://twitter.com/#!/Podsyboy

Subscribe/comment me: http://www.youtube.com/user/AlphaAeizeru

Did Fats Goodman really die at the end of "Fats' Counterattack?"
Hi_Nu_Gundam

I, for one, welcome our new Mega Size overlords...
Things never to say/ask on MAHQ:

Did Char and Amuro Really die?
I think Wing is better than UC.
Really, are Char and Amuro Dead?
Gundam Seed Destiny was a great show, better than Turn A!
Where can I find Gundam hentai?
Seriously people, did Char and Amuro die or not!?
Heecarl_Reez

Some merchandise related PDF files: 1, 2
EDIT: Presscon images http://hk.myblog.yahoo.com/iam-cybergun ... ?mid=75746
That HG box looks elegant...

release date:

-HG Gundam Age-1 Normal -1200 Yen September

-AG, Advance Grade Gundam Age-1- 600 yen each : Normal- October, Titus-November, Sparrow-December

-GB, Gage-ing Builder 1/100 Gundam Age-1 Normal-2800 yen October

Only HG and AG was classified as plastic model, GB was listed as toy series. Well, I think there won't be any 1/100 plastic model series this time...At least there's MG to look for, we might see it at the end of the year (November maybe?) or early next year.
Mr Bushido

I'm interested to learn more about the AG line. Definitely seems like it's somewhat going in the direction of Gunpla Builders.
501st Legion - Northern California Golden Gate Garrison
TK-3942 aka TK-EXIA
So the Geara Zulu has an Stg-44 and the Jesta has a Scar-H w/ holographic scope.
duke4799

the GB 1/100 line is indeed a toy line of FIGURES already pre-assembled and painted. Bummer. The gimick here is the arms, legs, head and chest each have a chip in them and all can be swapped between other figures for mix and match fun. then you take your new custom figure to the arcade game thingy and scan it in. Instant custom MS for the arcade.

I do fins it strange that a Master Grade is already announced! I don't think a lead Gundam has gotten a MG rendering so quickly before.

I'll reserve comments about the anime for the Anime thread...
Until Next Time: Happy Building!
-Joe
Joe's Gunpla

Want to Buy LM Leo or Taurus from Gundam Wing, built or unbuilt! Willing to pay big!
Hi_Nu_Gundam

duke4799 wrote:the GB 1/100 line is indeed a toy line of FIGURES already pre-assembled and painted. Bummer. The gimick here is the arms, legs, head and chest each have a chip in them and all can be swapped between other figures for mix and match fun. then you take your new custom figure to the arcade game thingy and scan it in. Instant custom MS for the arcade.

I do fins it strange that a Master Grade is already announced! I don't think a lead Gundam has gotten a MG rendering so quickly before.

I'll reserve comments about the anime for the Anime thread...
The MG should be a given, considering how hard this series seems to be pushing the Merchandise, far more than usual that is...
Things never to say/ask on MAHQ:

Did Char and Amuro Really die?
I think Wing is better than UC.
Really, are Char and Amuro Dead?
Gundam Seed Destiny was a great show, better than Turn A!
Where can I find Gundam hentai?
Seriously people, did Char and Amuro die or not!?
RLZIII

duke4799 wrote:I do fins it strange that a Master Grade is already announced! I don't think a lead Gundam has gotten a MG rendering so quickly before.
I found this pretty interesting, to say the least. As the Master Grade line is the only models that I really buy (rarely do I buy outside of that line), I'm pretty excited about this tidbit. Bandai didn't announce a time frame for the MG kit; but just the announcement in general means we'll likely see it by the end of the year or perhaps early next year. I think the soonest a MG has come out from a new animation is with the Gundam 00 Qan[T], which came out only two months after the movie hit theaters (this of course doesn't count the Unicorn Gundam for obvious reasons).

I think that, like Heecarl_Reez mentioned, the reason for this is because of the (so far) lack of a normal 1/100 line for Gundam AGE. I assume that Bandai feels that a 1/100 action figure line would sell better; that leads me to believe that either: 1) The Gundam 00 1/100 didn't sell well and were overshadowed by the 1/144 line, or 2) Maybe they feel that Gundam AGE could have a younger consumer target, and because of this action figures would sell better than traditional models for the 1/100 scale.

Anyway, I'm definitely intrigued enough. While the Gundam AGE-1 isn't my favorite design, I actually like it; it's got an interesting feel to it. I would at all mind seeing a MG based around it.
Mark064

I don't think it's too surprising to see a MG so quickly. With Gundam these days as soon as the series is announced we know that eventually the main Gundam(s) will get a MG design given time and I wouldn't be surprised if people weren't buying the 1/100 and waiting for the eventual MG. I'm kind of thinking with 1/100 kits a lot of people just pass on them and instead go for the HG kits or wait for the MG of the main. But since this time around Bandai is throwing in a gimmick and making it a toy instead of a model people are more likely to buy both the HG and 1/100 or maybe just the 1/100.
Roketto Panchii (ロケットパンチ) My robot anime blog. Mostly review-ish about old robot shows, for now.
Zanna

Ew, all the designs so far look hideous :( Maybe I feel that way because I've never liked the original Gundam (RX-78) design.
G-Slayer
Location: In the fridge, behind the mayonnaise, next to the ketchup, and to the left of the coleslaw.

This is news to me. I feel the same way, but how does everybody prefer HG 1/144's over NG 1/100's? The latter's basically the former but bigger.
"That's it! I'll never Gundam the pilot again, Bright!"--Amuro Ray

My YouTube Channel!

My Photobucket Album!

My Gunpla Blog!
Zanna

I think it could be that people don't want to pay more if there's no benefit besides size - the draw of MG's is the additional detail and gimmicks, not just the size. Therefore, they might not be willing to spend the extra money and prefer to just wait (especially if it's one of the "main" mobile suits that are guaranteed a MG iteration).

I personally disagree with that, though - I was pretty impressed with the NG 1/100 Infinite Justice Gundam I got many years ago.
Dark Duel

I buy HG 1/144s rather than 1/100 NGs because of the smaller scale, meaning I can cram more kits on the shelf :P
The exception are the very few CE kits that I have, because those tended to be slightly more color-accurate than the 1/144s and require MUCH less painting. And 1/144 Seravee b/c I wanted Seraphim Gundam and I don't like the Trans-Am kits' colors
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
SNT1

I personally disagree with that, though - I was pretty impressed with the NG 1/100 Infinite Justice Gundam I got many years ago.
Me too, I bought that Inf. Justice 1/100 too because at the time it was so much better looking than the rest of the 1/100 Destiny line.

...Then the MG's announced some years later and just blew the 1/100 out of the water.
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
kayone73

G-Slayer wrote:This is news to me. I feel the same way, but how does everybody prefer HG 1/144's over NG 1/100's? The latter's basically the former but bigger.
NG 1/100s are fine by me if there is no MG kit available, otherwise I see them as basically the same thing but different scales like you pointed out.

Although if I like a particular mech enough to buy the NG version...and theres a possibility a MG will be released then i'll hold off and get the MG.
Zanna

SNT1 wrote:
Me too, I bought that Inf. Justice 1/100 too because at the time it was so much better looking than the rest of the 1/100 Destiny line.

...Then the MG's announced some years later and just blew the 1/100 out of the water.
Well, an MG is an MG but at least as far as accessories and outer appearance the NG is still pretty damn close - just need a bit of painting and detailing mostly.
Random_GM_Pilot

G-Slayer wrote:This is news to me. I feel the same way, but how does everybody prefer HG 1/144's over NG 1/100's? The latter's basically the former but bigger.
You answered your own question; I prefer 1/144 over 1/100 because of the size. That and they generally have a better selection save for a few specific exceptions.
SHIHO: This is Codename “Background”. Codenames “Lenny” and “Carl” are suitably distracted. Begin the operation.
Heecarl_Reez

7 Swords/G ( Yes, /G guys..) Duo for September....I knew it....

-MG 00 7 Swords/G-5500 yen, September.The GN Sword II Blaster is missing in this picture though, new GN Katar Gimmick(Can be placed in the binder just like GN Shield II).

-SD BB 00 7 Swords/G-800 yen, September
prince_of_zeon

Heecarl_Reez wrote:MG 00 7 Swords/G-5500 yen, September.The GN Sword II Blaster is missing in this picture though, new GN Katar Gimmick(Can be placed in the binder just like GN Shield II).
SOOOO glad I waited on buying the 00 Raiser. This one is an instant purchase for me!
Twat me: http://twitter.com/#!/Podsyboy

Subscribe/comment me: http://www.youtube.com/user/AlphaAeizeru

Did Fats Goodman really die at the end of "Fats' Counterattack?"
kayone73

^^ I was hoping for this release but didn't expect it so soon, looking forward to it. Had no real interest in the 00 Raiser MG.
SNT1

Looks like we also get Nobel Gundam trans-AM mode. :twisted:
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/