Upcoming Models, Merch, & Rumors X

Discuss models, figures, Blu-rays and more.
mcred23

Upcoming Models, Merch, & Rumors X

Tenth time for another 30 pages. :mrgreen:
In [url=http://www.mechatalk.net/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=12378&start=580]the old thread[/url], jabman025 wrote:HA HA Seed Destiny reigns on!

Seriously though I am intrested to see what this sucker can do I was a little disapointed by the MG Strike Freedom because I felt it could be so much better. But a PG Strike Freedom Version KA should be very interesting.
And once again, enjoy. 8)
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')
Heecarl_Reez

Re: Upcoming Models, Merch, & Rumors X

Just noticed there's no November MG announcement yet in the magazine , well it may ended up overshadowed by PG SF announcement though(*sigh*).

Although bit disappointed, I have to accept that SF is a guaranteed seller, and I can guess what they aiming for in December - If they combined PG SF with another MG of popular suit (either 00R, V2, etc) =$_$ 8)
Dark Duel

*yawn*
Sorry, but as much as I usually like Katoki's design work, in this case I am utterly uninterested unless he can fix the one major goof-up in SF's design that caused the majority of its thrusters to be blocked by its DRAGOONs.
Plus I tend to pay less attention to PGs as they're atrociously expensive and nearly impossible to get ahold of.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
SNT1

I tend to look at Perfect Grades like I do with supercars, like the Ferrari Enzo or Bugatti Veyron. They're ridiculously expensive, can be ridiculously ugly and disproportioned, but heck, they have the best technology and I look forward to how they execute the product.

Also, I look forward to a possible
Spoiler
retcon
in the manuals :mrgreen:
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
Dark Duel

Again? The Strike Freedom has to be the most heavily-retconned single MS I've ever come across.
I'm actually hoping the PG holds to the same line as the MG, as to me it's the one that makes the most sense.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Gelgoog Jager

By the way, does anyone knows if there's a poll for wanted PG and HGUC/HG kits, similiar to the one they made for the MG kits?

If not, is there any other poll that may indicate which currently are the most requested ones?
Last edited by Gelgoog Jager on Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deathonator

Looking forward to the information, I don't have money to actually buy the kit but I can keep bothering people to come forth with the technical aspects that get put out with it. See how and if they fix the VL issue with the DRAGOON's, even though I don't think it's that big a deal except maybe on Earth; which is one way they could fix it...make them operational under gravity. It'd mess with the show a bit, but since when has that mattered?
Kratos

Dunno how I feel about this. I guess my only major hangup, aside from some strange proportions, is the gold joints (they're tacky). If the PG redesign is as cool as the PG Strike's, then this could be one hell of a kit, but the design used for the 00 PG doesn't exactly fill me with confidence.

Still, I'll (probably) be in Japan when it's released, so if I decide I like it, it'll be on hand.
"The beast of opportunity finds its master and soars through a shaken cosmos"
duke4799

PG=Pricey Garbage... Just my opinion... plus I needed to reply so I get the E-mail updates for the new thread...
Until Next Time: Happy Building!
-Joe
Joe's Gunpla

Want to Buy LM Leo or Taurus from Gundam Wing, built or unbuilt! Willing to pay big!
Heecarl_Reez

By the way, does anyone knows if there's a poll for wanted PG and HGUC/HG kits, similiar to the one they made for the MG kits?
Well for PG there's one in the gundam.info - last year, around the time PG Astray was released- The winner is Double X, with 00R comes 2nd, and SF in 3rd- Although, with Dendrobium also in the poll, I won't take it seriously..:P

And yes.. Possibility of another retcon, should be fun. :mrgreen:
Kratos

duke4799 wrote:PG=Pricey Garbage... Just my opinion... plus I needed to reply so I get the E-mail updates for the new thread...
Having built three of them, I have to say that I disagree; in fact, the Strike PG is my favorite Gunpla that I've ever built. Granted, I've heard pretty awful things about the Wing Zero Custom and the RX-78 ones, but as far as the former goes you're always going to have a black sheep (the Sazabi MG anyone?); the latter I'd bet is bad mostly in retrospect, now that Gunpla technology has come so far since its release.
Deathonator

So according to Wiki, PG's usually come with extra information never before released in even tech manuals? I'm assuming it's true, but I figured I'd check with some people a little more trust worthy. If it IS true, I'm quite giddy indeed.
SNT1

PGs come with 2 booklets---one has instructions on how to build the actual thing, the 2nd has full color pictures, tech info and mecha in-universe history that could mean jack squat if you don't know Japanese (until someone who does know translates and posts on the internets). The mecha's in-universe features, including a possible retcon (which I hope there is, if only to satisfy myself watching the fanboy mass QQ), it should be explained in detail on the full-color booklet
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
Deathonator

That's good to know, I'm hoping the Gold Frame's purpose is cemented, and maybe we get a detailed explanation of the DRAGOON system SF uses. First and foremost, the easiest fix to the VL problem is to have the DRAGOONs fold out on those little arms the MG has- might need some changing but I think it's a good way to do it without changing the design TO much.
RLZIII

With the original RX-78-2 having come out a dozen years ago, I would love to see a PG RX-78-2 2.0. I think the technology would be awesome. Maybe I'm just an MSG junkie, and I know there's a ton of RX-78-2 Gunpla...but I love the design; it's simply timeless. I'm impressed with the MG RX-78-2 2.0; a PG 2.0 would definitely push me to buy my first PG kit.
blind_dead_mcjones

huge pic update, with release dates

http://ngeekhiong.blogspot.com/2010/08/ ... japan.html

as nice as the HGUC version looks i soo hope the Delta Plus gets an MG version, also are all of those white tubes protruding from the shield beam sabres? or just 2 of them?
Flag Fighter for life!
Kratos

So when it talks about the month of release, whenabouts in that particular month do these usually come out?
blind_dead_mcjones

they have each release batch roughly a week apart for that specific month

example: raphael, zabanya harute and the deathscythe ew are all comming out in september, one way of releasing them is to have the zabanya early in the month, harute and raphael in the middle of the moth and the MG towards the end, or have the mg released early with one of the 00 movie HG's following afterwards, and so on and so forth
Flag Fighter for life!
Kratos

Hmm, okay, thanks. I mostly wanna know because I leave Japan on the 20 of Dec, so here's hoping the PG is out before then. If I can get it while over there, it would be way more ideal than waiting for it to be released at a marked-up price back home.
iKhaotic

Heecarl_Reez wrote: Well for PG there's one in the gundam.info - last year, around the time PG Astray was released- The winner is Double X, with 00R comes 2nd, and SF in 3rd- Although, with Dendrobium also in the poll, I won't take it seriously..:P
wait... Double X actually won the poll for PG?
[Relinquish your pain...unto me...]
[Neither will alone, nor strength alone]
~Sword of the Blue Skies~