Upcoming Models, Merch, & Rumors X

Discuss models, figures, Blu-rays and more.
Dark Duel

Re: Upcoming Models, Merch, & Rumors X

Heecarl_Reez wrote:Composite Ver Ka Cybuster
:shock: *jaw drops*
That...is beautiful. DO WANT.
On a slightly unrelated note, there's something in the bottom right corner of the first page that intrigues me somewhat, labeled "04".
Do my eyes deceive me, or does that look like a red Exbein to anyone else?
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Heecarl_Reez

Yes it is, CVKA Exbein EX color version (Source : toy-world forum). But it's another Tamashii web exclusive, release in August for 5800 yen.

Also: SRC Alteisen Nacht, Price/release date TBA
Dark Duel

Heecarl_Reez wrote:Yes it is, CVKA Exbein EX color version (Source : toy-world forum). But it's another Tamashii web exclusive, release in August for 5800 yen.
Figures - I'm a little disappointed, but oh well. I'm already getting the regular blue one anyway, so I don't much mind.
Thanks for the info.
Heecarl_Reez wrote:Also: SRC Alteisen Nacht, Price/release date TBA
:(
I guess I should've known it'd be just a recolor.
I just wish we would get something in terms of the Nacht/MkIII as it appeared in The Inspector - that thing looked awesome.

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Raiden

MG 00 Raiser Box art.
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-Rc0jZ56BnxU/T ... 1600/1.jpg

Looking pretty wicked!
Calubin_175

I really wonder if designer decals/markings will be complemented with the MG 00 Raiser. If not, we may be able to reuse the ones designed for the NG 1/100. Hopefully the potential designer decals for this MG release will be similar to the ones on the Metal Build, which inconjunction with the refined proportions, presented a marvelleous rendition of the 00 Gundam.
Heecarl_Reez

Shizuoka Hobby Show 2011

New Kits: -alternatively check this page :D

- HGFC Master gundam + FuunSaiki set-2600 yen, HGFC Shining Gundam-1500 yen both are August release.
- MG Delta Plus, 1,2,3 -4500 yen, August
- SD Ksathriya -1000 yen August
- MG (HG Conversion on display-again, lol) Sandrock ver EW -2011 release
- MG (Same case as Sandrock) Heavy Arms ver EW- planning
- HGUC Dreissen ZZ ver

Already announced kits section :
- MG Epyon ver EW Gallery: 1,2, 3, (Awesome) Boxart
- HGUC GM Cannon II
- HGUC GM III : 1, 2

Stay tuned for updates...:P
SNT1

Even when the Epyon looked a bit different in the preliminary linearts the final product feels very much like the Epyon we love. I like it lots.

MG Delta = nice

MG Sandrock and H-arms = looks like its for real, so thats cool too

HG models = all nice

aaaawesssommme
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
Mark064

Now I really hope I'm jumping the gun by saying this... but thus far this has been one disappointing Shizuoka. MG Delta Plus is nice, but it's expected and not the MG to be expected to come out of Shizuoka, it's more of a hobby magazine reveal or at least second tier to something bigger. Previous years have given us Gundam F91, Gundam 2.0, The O, Guntank, Turn A and Gundam Exia. And well Delta Plus doesn't match up to it.

The HG shows seems rather small as well while some are nice I especially like seeing Fuunsaiki finally getting a kit and the little Master Asia's with the cloths. Shining Gundam... well Master Gundam stole all the thunder away from that. Nice to see Bandai is quickly giving the HGUC Dreissen from ZZ, I've been waiting for this kit for a long time however I think Bandai has made me wait too long.

Looking closer at the picture HGFC Shining Gundam gets the giant hand part as well as Master Gundam for an epic clash of giant hands!
Roketto Panchii (ロケットパンチ) My robot anime blog. Mostly review-ish about old robot shows, for now.
SNT1

I had considered the Epyon to be the main Shizuoka reveal (not so much of a surprise obviously) so Im not disappointed putting it that way
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
Mark064

Epyon isn't a Shizuoka reveal though as we knew about it before and it was revealed before and we saw prototypes of it before.
Roketto Panchii (ロケットパンチ) My robot anime blog. Mostly review-ish about old robot shows, for now.
Raiden

Very impressed by MG Epyon. Definitely a must get. Interesting to see it has both labels for EW:GOTD and Frozen Teardrop...so i guess that means
Spoiler
Epyon II is an exact replica with no changes in FT?? -__-
Im Actually surprised that Sandrock will be out before Heavyarms. Was always under the impression people liked Heavyarms more..

Not disappointed with MG Delta Plus. Even though it was expected, i guess something more surprising will come in the Fall Hobby Shows.
Dark Duel

Heecarl_Reez wrote:Sandrock ver EW -2011 release
Okay, now that is a definite DO WANT in my book. I LOVE Sandrock, and IMO this version's paint scheme looks a lot cooler than the EW blue.
I wonder if it'll include the shield and/or machinegun.

Heecarl_Reez

Yep I also love the coloring of this 'early' Sandrock design, is the Uzi appeared in the manga? If yes big chance we will get it, I'm sure the shield will make it though (don't wanna lose to that conversion kit ;p).
I really wonder if designer decals/markings will be complemented with the MG 00 Raiser. If not, we may be able to reuse the ones designed for the NG 1/100
This image shows what the marking will looks like - which is the same marking pattern as seen in the PG I believe. Might want to try that 1/100 designer decal then, or fingger crossed there will be MG Designer's Decal for 00 Raiser (and for Quanta too- IMO the MG decal pale in comparison to the HG's...:( )
Strike105

I'm already sold on the Shining, and the Master/Fuunsaiki combo is looking very impressive as well. Even though we haven't seen the prototype mold yet, I have a feeling that I'll probably be getting the MG Heavyarms as well, since it's one of my favorite EW redesigns.
Siroh32

Raiden wrote:Very impressed by MG Epyon. Definitely a must get. Interesting to see it has both labels for EW:GOTD and Frozen Teardrop...so i guess that means
Spoiler
Epyon II is an exact replica with no changes in FT?? -__-
Spoiler
I've web-searched for other FT-related discussions like [this one], and if the information used in forum threads like those (there are one or two more out there with similar quoted references), the answer is no. It might be similar, but at least one difference--according to them--is sporting a Shenlong-esque dragon fang on the right arm. And if the Gundam Wiki is right, according to the [entry on Epyon], it's still around in FT.
With that out of the way, I've come basically sold on getting MG Epyon. Of course, it seems like I had since the February lineart came out, but the final product is amazing. The beam blade works about right to a standard beam saber blade, apparently. Maybe someone would demand bigger... *shrug* The boxart is very appealing, though I didn't expect it to be DSH-esque big. I also love the Epyon/Zero diorama and the nice custom effect for the clash of the sabers. Clashing effect present or not, it sorta reminds me of a similar GW diorama someone else made that I've seen [here] on DA.

Since the original five (Katoki-redesigned) GW Gundams were announced late last year to be all released, I wasn't surprised with the announcement. Maybe the sprinkling of them that might cause Heavyarms to be released next year, but that's about it.
Now, the wonder I have is if they'll come with the default armament we've seen since early lineart or B-Club conversion parts? Or will they come with GotL-related add-ons that we're seeing presently in the manga? (I wish there was one for Shenlong's dragon fang so it can extend outward more, like it is in the artwork I found in [this entry] from Gundam Guy's blog.)

The HGUC GM III is looking great in colors, I might grab that later on... And it's nice that G Gundam is getting some HG love again. I wonder if the HG world will see any new Gunpla from other AU anytime soon, though... Even an announcement later this year of one bound for next year, would be nice. *shrug*

(Edit: Fixed a typo I saw.)
joelfinkle

Heecarl_Reez wrote:Shizuoka Hobby Show 2011

New Kits:
- HGUC GM Cannon II
I've been whining about a lack of GM Cannon II for years, and I have to say now that it's finally here, I'm just not feeling the love. Compared to the lineart, the torso seems not bulky enough, the shoulders too high, the skirts and other armor parts too sharp-edged. The anime one looked like a GM in a flak jacket, this looks like it's just had too many twinkies.
Calubin_175

Kotobukiya has announced an 18cm kit of Zone of Enders 2's Jehuty(green). It will be supervised by the original mech's designer, Yoji Shinkawa.

I don't think it will be that well articulated, but if it will later be complemented by a Kotobukiya Anubis, Vic Viper or Nephitis, then I may give the future expensive Rio-bot release a pass.
RLZIII

The new G.F.F. Metal Composite RX-78-2 Gundam [The Origin] figure that's set to come out in August looks really awesome. I just started reading the manga, so it's nice to see the series get some merchandise (as it really hasn't much in the past). But I've noticed that the figure looks different in several ways when compared to the line art (and in the parts of the manga that I'm reading through; so far I'm only through the first three volumes). For instance, the G.F.F. version has two pieces added to the shoulders (while the line art version doesn't). Also, the shoulder armor and knees seem to be quite different.

Obviously the model has some extras added to it to improve the look. However, some of the changes (particularly the ones that I mentioned) are pretty drastic. Is there a reason for this? Does the design of the RX78-02 change throughout the manga (possibly due to the magnetic coating process)? Or does Katoki possibly have a play in this figure, and therefore spiced it up a bit?

Side Note: Really hoping for an Origin version of the MG RX-78-2 2.0 model.
Kratos

RLZIII wrote:Side Note: Really hoping for an Origin version of the MG RX-78-2 2.0 model.
You and me both, sir. Actually, more than than the Gundam, I really want a kit of the Zaku II from The Origin. Love those wrist cannons.
"The beast of opportunity finds its master and soars through a shaken cosmos"
RLZIII

Kratos wrote:
RLZIII wrote:Side Note: Really hoping for an Origin version of the MG RX-78-2 2.0 model.
You and me both, sir. Actually, more than than the Gundam, I really want a kit of the Zaku II from The Origin. Love those wrist cannons.
I've always been intrigued with The Origin, the designs, and the changes to Tomino's story. With how much it seems to be a popular manga in Japan and with how long it's been running, I'm surprised that Bandai hasn't capitalized on it's success by releasing models and whatnot. If I recall correctly, the only things that have been released were some old MSIA figures (and only three or so of them at that). I'm excited about the release of this G.F.F. less for the actual figure itself (as I probably won't actually buy this figure), but more for the possibility of Bandai releasing items from The Origin throughout the HG and MG model lines.