Upcoming Models, Merch, & Rumors X

Discuss models, figures, Blu-rays and more.
Heecarl_Reez

Re: Upcoming Models, Merch, & Rumors X

Obviously the model has some extras added to it to improve the look. However, some of the changes (particularly the ones that I mentioned) are pretty drastic. Is there a reason for this? Does the design of the RX78-02 change throughout the manga (possibly due to the magnetic coating process)? Or does Katoki possibly have a play in this figure, and therefore spiced it up a bit?
It does seems change throughout the manga - Here's from vs Char+lalah chapter: 1, 2. Don't know the technical reasons though, sorry.
RLZIII

Heecarl_Reez wrote:
Obviously the model has some extras added to it to improve the look. However, some of the changes (particularly the ones that I mentioned) are pretty drastic. Is there a reason for this? Does the design of the RX78-02 change throughout the manga (possibly due to the magnetic coating process)? Or does Katoki possibly have a play in this figure, and therefore spiced it up a bit?
It does seems change throughout the manga - Here's from vs Char+lalah chapter: 1, 2. Don't know the technical reasons though, sorry.
Well, there we go. The design definitely changes throughout the manga. It seems like the G.F.F. figure represents the later version of the RX78-02. I'm curious now as to the reason for the change; the manga has been running for such a long time now that I wonder if it the changes are simply representative of changes in the author's design choices, or if there is a technical reason within the manga (such as the upgraded magnetic coating version or the RX-78-3).

I also find it interesting that in the first of those two images, the Gundam is holding its shield "correctly" opposed to in the signature upside-down style that The Origin originally portrayed (and stood out quite a bit).
Dark Duel

They added rocket thrusters to the front of the knees. That's just cool.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Siroh32

RLZIII wrote:
Heecarl_Reez wrote:1, 2.
I also find it interesting that in the first of those two images, the Gundam is holding its shield "correctly" opposed to in the signature upside-down style that The Origin originally portrayed (and stood out quite a bit).
Perhaps it's still "upside-down" in terms of the grip on the shield. If the arm is bended, then the illusion of the shield being held "correctly" is given so long as we don't see the arm holding the shield that way.
Zanna

Has anyone heard any news about whether they're going to redo any of the older kits? I'm dying for a HGUC Gerbera Tetra. It's one of the few models that I really really want and haven't yet purchased/built. I was originally just going to settle for the old 1/144 version, but a few people warned me off and said that Bandai was probably going to give it the HGUC treatment soon.
Raiden

I wouldn't rule out the possibility since 0083 is being touched upon alot. But overall, your just gonna have to hold out and see. Since theres plenty of MS's that just don't come out of the dream pipe.
Zanna

Raiden wrote:I wouldn't rule out the possibility since 0083 is being touched upon alot. But overall, your just gonna have to hold out and see. Since theres plenty of MS's that just don't come out of the dream pipe.
I guess that's what I get for generally liking some "Zeon-like" designs more, lol. I'm still feeling the itch but there's not really much out there atm that I really want - Gerbera Tetra is about it. Maybe I should revist some older kits that I just snapped together and see if I can do some things to touch them up.
kayone73

Zanna wrote:Has anyone heard any news about whether they're going to redo any of the older kits? I'm dying for a HGUC Gerbera Tetra. It's one of the few models that I really really want and haven't yet purchased/built. I was originally just going to settle for the old 1/144 version, but a few people warned me off and said that Bandai was probably going to give it the HGUC treatment soon.
Most of HGUC is redoing of preexisting non HG or older HG 1/144 kits with better articulation and proportions, so the short answer your question is yes.

Will the Gerbera Tetra get the retreatment? Probably, maybe, who knows? They haven't strictly been releasing stuff in order altho the current batch of HGUC is Unicorn-centric, but there are things popping out at random like the GM III and GM Cannon, so anything is possible.
Raiden

Hmm looks like the removed the Frozen Teardrop logo off Epyon's box.
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-XzQ069AoxKU/T ... 1600/1.jpg
Arsarcana

kayone73 wrote:They haven't strictly been releasing stuff in order altho the current batch of HGUC is Unicorn-centric, but there are things popping out at random like the GM III and GM Cannon, so anything is possible.
Of course, the GM III shows up in Unicorn so it only half counts but yeah, while they sometimes do batches from a given series there's nothing stopping them from sticking a random design into the mix if they want to.
Raiden wrote:Hmm looks like the removed the Frozen Teardrop logo off Epyon's box.
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-XzQ069AoxKU/T ... 1600/1.jpg
Replaced with the Glory of the Defeated logo which makes much more sense. A Frozen Teardrop logo probably wasn't supposed to be there to begin with, seeing how the machine could only show up in flashback if at all.
blind_dead_mcjones

the box art as a whole has been smoothed out, as you can actually tell that the mobile suit chasing the Epyon is the Wing Zero

the position and angle of the Epyon in its flight mode also has been changed and the beam sabre blade looks more natural too
Flag Fighter for life!
Siroh32

Arsarcana wrote:Replaced with the Glory of the Defeated logo which makes much more sense. A Frozen Teardrop logo probably wasn't supposed to be there to begin with, seeing how the machine could only show up in flashback if at all.
I don't mean to annoy when I'm in nitpicker mode, but the GotD logo was always on there to begin with; they just took out the FT logo and placed it solely within the GotD lineup. Also, if memory serves...
Spoiler
...In the Frozen Teardrop timeline, the Epyon resurfaces. It's piloted by someone using the name (but isn't the actual) "Zechs Marquise". Wufei pilots a variant of Epyon (designed by Treize) called "Epyon Pi" and fights "Zechs" and a couple of "Virgo IV" mobile dolls. That's not to mention some artwork of Epyon and Epyon Pi appearing in FT thus far, up to and including a cover with Epyon in the background.
Raiden

Summary of some stuff said at the Shizuoka Hobby show that will surprise you (maybe)

http://gtoys.blog48.fc2.com/blog-entry-4695.html

Translated by MakubeX2 at Animesuki
In summary :-

1) MG V2 is still in development. However, they want the kit to be as perfect as possible and they had not reach the stage where their engineering skills met the requirement, so this is going to take a while.

2) They are going to concerntrate on 0083 and Unicorn for future HGUC releases. And a HGUC Dra-C is quite possible.

3) Bandai is cutting down on MG Releases because of cost and product lineup factors. They prefer releasing something around 2000 yen or so.

3) No Gundam X kit in the foreseeable future. Bandai is concerntarting on G for HG and W for MG.

4) No comments in regards to PG releases.

5) As for a PG Unicorn. Bandai calculated the cost factor and decide it's not worth the risk.

6) About a MG Delta Gundam (Not Delta Plus), they are going to adopt a wait-and-see attitude after the release of MG Delta Plus and MG Hyashiki 2.0.

7) They have a MG Kshatriya Prototype and it requires a metal frame to be stable. Again, cost factor is preventing Bandai from mass producing it.
Some of my thoughts

-Sucks they don't mention a thing about what the heck happened to finishing off the 00 Movie HG line.

-Interesting that the Ver 2.0 will be revived in the near future for Hyaku Shiki. (and the wait and see policy for Delta Gundam :D )

-I would have definitely splurged for a MG Kyshatria regardless if its gonna be a brick XD
Dark Duel

They are going to concerntrate on 0083 and Unicorn for future HGUC releases.
Suddenly, the possibility evoked above of an HGUC Gerbera Tetra in the near future seems to have become a little more likely.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
kayone73

Raiden wrote:
-Interesting that the Ver 2.0 will be revived in the near future for Hyaku Shiki. (and the wait and see policy for Delta Gundam :D )

-I would have definitely splurged for a MG Kyshatria regardless if its gonna be a brick XD
Release of a 2.0 version of the Type 100 is a good thing. As much as the current MG looks nice, it's just based on the original 1/100 kit that was issued back when Zeta Gundam was current and it really hurts in the poseability and articulation department, as well as awkward weight balance issues with the rear binders.

If any kit deserves a treatment with the latest inner frame tech, the Hyaku Shiki is a clear no brainer. Plus they can make $$$ releasing multiple color versions. flat yellow, HD color yellow/gold, chrome plated gold.
RLZIII

kayone73 wrote:
Raiden wrote:

Release of a 2.0 version of the Type 100 is a good thing. As much as the current MG looks nice, it's just based on the original 1/100 kit that was issued back when Zeta Gundam was current and it really hurts in the poseability and articulation department, as well as awkward weight balance issues with the rear binders.

If any kit deserves a treatment with the latest inner frame tech, the Hyaku Shiki is a clear no brainer. Plus they can make $$$ releasing multiple color versions. flat yellow, HD color yellow/gold, chrome plated gold.
I'm still holding out for some early kits to get the 2.0 treatment, mainly from the OYW OVAs: The Gundam [G] and Gundam Ez8, the Alex, and the GP line from Gundam 0083.
Arsarcana

Ehh, I wouldn't have minded hearing if they intend to finish the HG00 line or why they're not (I mean, there's only three totally new kits they'd need plus some slightly modified recycles) but whatever. I've got no problems with a 'we're waiting until we can do it propely policy on the V2. We've waited long enough for that one, we can wait a while longer so it's done right.
blind_dead_mcjones

the cutting back on MG releases is understandable, though it still would've been nice to hear about whats going with the HG00's (though considering they said that they're focusing on G gundam for HG releases my guess is they're more or less done with it, shame really if this is the case seeing as we're still waiting on the GN-XIV, the celestial being flag, ELS GN-X, seravee 2, and the heavy equipment for the other two gundams) or if they have any plans to release an MG 00 kit that doesn't have a GN drive
Flag Fighter for life!
Raiden

Don't forget Dynames Repair
kayone73

Apparently the link to the english blog translation of that upcoming products interview was pretty bad, this is a quote from someone who did a more direct translation from japanese
Q: will the V2 voted #1 in the MG survey come out this year?
A: it may seem like the technology for V2 MG is there, but they are not fully ready yet. they don't want to come out with a product that they will regret, so we should not see the V2 MG at least this year.

Q: what are we going to see in the future of HGUC?
A: the 0083 Federation lineup in HGUC is pretty complete now and we will also have the Zeon suits coming. The Dra-C appeared in the Unicorn anime could also be made. dreissen and GMIII related suits in unicorn could also be available later.

Q: at this time how come there are less MG coming out?
A: during the current economy down turn the MGs are fairly expensive, so even if we come out with more MGs there is going to be people that can't follow them. whether or not HG will past the 2000 yen avg price also depends on the current economy.

there are no MG for July because we have a lot of products coming out, so there's a lot of issue we have to deal with the development not just Gunpla. we also don't want it to overlap with the release of the RG too much.

Q: isn't 2011 the 15th anniversary for Gundam X?
A: "i'm afraid we won't have time this year", we came out with a lot products last year including HGFC G Gundam related products and based on sale last year we will focus on the G series this year. The HGAW Gundam X did not do so bad either and will be in our plan. we will have the G Gundam for HG and W Gundam for MGs because of the manga. it will be tough for us to bring out any Gundam X kit this year, but once the G and W comes to a close we will very likely to start with the X line.

Q: there are PG release every year recently, will there be a PG this year?
A: we might and might not, at this moment i cannot tell you.

Q: will there be a PG Unicorn?
A: say if we set the issue is with the price, the pyscho frame will probably have the glowing gimmick similar to the "1/700 Tokyo sky tree". In order to make the articulation + transformation gimmick perfectly it will probably drive the price pretty high.

all the recent PG release are pretty popular because of their anime. people also can't wait for a PG Unicorn, but if we say that there will be one it might lessen the interest and anticipation. The fans of Gundam UC are of a higher age group and we believe they can also afford the higher price. it's not the time for us to take risk from now on and we hope we can have it out before the tax goes up.

Q: will there be a MG Delta Gundam?
A: right now i can only say there is no plan. as for the MG Delta plus in August, the "HyakuShiki 2.0" and "Delta Gundam" could be ideas that's worth paying attention to. If there is a HyakuShiki 2.0, the Delta Gundam is also a possibility. We have a MG Hyaku Shiki next to the MG Delta plus in the display, maybe the Hyaku Shiki 2.0 is in the works??

A: what about a MG Kshatriya?
Q: even if it's the MG we might have to use metal frame to support the binder because of the size, but right now it's not the time to think about it because the economy is still very tough at the moment.
blind_dead_mcjones wrote:celestial being flag, ELS GN-X, seravee 2, and the heavy equipment for the other two gundams) or if they have any plans to release an MG 00 kit that doesn't have a GN drive

The MG 00 Raiser already has all the parts that include the movie version of the 00 with the particle tanks and alternate colors on the 0 Raiser, I saw that in an unboxing video