Upcoming Models, Merch, & Rumors X

Discuss models, figures, Blu-rays and more.
Arsarcana

Re: Upcoming Models, Merch, & Rumors X

So they've gone from showing Gunpla in their videos to having one of their own (sorta) and they're doing the theme song for a big game. That's really awesome.
iKhaotic

SNT1 wrote:Meanwhile, LP pledges their love to Gandamu...

http://ngeekhiong.blogspot.com/2010/09/ ... ic-cd.html
i'm all for that (and will definitely buy it), but as crazy as it sounds, will that limited edition be available in retail stores in the US? if so, that just seems kinda odd to me because Gundam is practically dead here, and if that does release to the masses, things will play out like this:

a) Gundam fans will be like "wtf??"
b) people who don't know Gundam will be like "wtf?"
c) people who know Gundam but aren't fans will be like "wtf?"
[Relinquish your pain...unto me...]
[Neither will alone, nor strength alone]
~Sword of the Blue Skies~
duke4799

It would definitely be a WTF moment if it were released here in the States, but really cool at the same time. I will be buying this release either way

:-P I think I have a new favorite band ;-)
Until Next Time: Happy Building!
-Joe
Joe's Gunpla

Want to Buy LM Leo or Taurus from Gundam Wing, built or unbuilt! Willing to pay big!
SNT1

They're well known mecha fans:
-Sazabi/GP01fb/WZC big MSiA randomly put on "Somewhere I Belong" MTV
-Reanimation art cover looks like a weird Zaku/Gundam X thing
-Soundtrack for both Transformers Movies
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
iKhaotic

SNT1 wrote:They're well known mecha fans:
-Sazabi/GP01fb/WZC big MSiA randomly put on "Somewhere I Belong" MTV
-Reanimation art cover looks like a weird Zaku/Gundam X thing
-Soundtrack for both Transformers Movies
wow. i've never watched the video for "Somewhere I Belong" before. i just did and damn, they made it so obvious. i thought it was just a quick vague cameo, but nope, it's a full blown shot of Sazabi/GP01fb/WZC at the beginning and randomly throughout the video lolol.

as for the Reanimation cover, i noticed that but never connected it to Gundam. just thought it was some random abstract mech drawing that they came up with. i never studied the cover hard enough to make a Gundam reference.

and finally, the sountrack for both Transformer movies i thought was just Michael Bay wanting some mainstream music to help sell the movie like all movies do nowadays -__-

i NEVER ONCE put Linkin Park and Gundam together lmao
[Relinquish your pain...unto me...]
[Neither will alone, nor strength alone]
~Sword of the Blue Skies~
Hi_Nu_Gundam

I'm confused about the MG Deathscythe coming up; why is it being released as simply "EW Version" instead of as "Ver Ka." like the Wing Gundam?
Things never to say/ask on MAHQ:

Did Char and Amuro Really die?
I think Wing is better than UC.
Really, are Char and Amuro Dead?
Gundam Seed Destiny was a great show, better than Turn A!
Where can I find Gundam hentai?
Seriously people, did Char and Amuro die or not!?
Kratos

New PG Strike Freedom info, quoted directly from Ngee Khiong:
- Will be the largest PG release in terms of volume when the Super Dragoon is expanded.
- Customized display base is included.
- Dynamic poses are possible using the base with adjustable angle of display.
- Extra finish enhancement for the golden interior that will be exposed in High Maneuver mode and Full Burst mode. Gimmicks are incorporated for the exposure of the parts.

3 major design points:

- Gimmick for the release of the Super Dragoon
* Sliding action of the Super Dragoon is linked to various mechanism of the wing when it's released
- Complete new mold for the movable frame
* Movable joints combine with expandable golden parts
* Further improvement of the slide mechanism of the interior and exterior parts as compared to PG Strike Gundam, which will effectively expose the golden finish parts.
- New mechanism for the joint design
* New joint design for the waist and leg to handle the weight and stress of the model. Durability of the joints is improved while posing capability is retained.

Weapons and accessories: beam shield, beam rifle x2, "Xiphias 3" railgun x2, Super Dragoon x8, display base.

Content: 55 runners in total, construction manual, commentary booklet, LED unit for the head, foil sticker, screw for LED lighting unit, spring x8, PET part for shield, clear sticker.

Packaging size is 600mm (width) x 400mm (height) x 180mm (depth).

December release, 26,250 Yen (inclusive of tax).
I bet that December release is late December. Gunpla always seem to come out late in month...
"The beast of opportunity finds its master and soars through a shaken cosmos"
quasadra

spring x8. to eject super dragoon?
SD Gundam Capsule Fighter Online SEA IGN: 8bitNPC
Heecarl_Reez

Maybe the spring are used like the PG 00 raiser, to hold some parts of the kit.

And here's the PG SF page in Gunpla 30th anniversary site (can be seen on NK blog of course ;)). You can see the CAD design for the PG SF, in colors. The Ka version do make the chest cannon smaller, and expanding the Wing skeleton- so now it can use the Voiture Lumiere without ejecting the Super Dragoon first!!(:P). Not fan of the expanded wing skeleton myself, too busy for my taste, good for those who like it though. But I do rather like the Katoki colored lineart shown there (Heh, dreaming Destiny now I am XD).
Murra

Hi_Nu_Gundam wrote:I'm confused about the MG Deathscythe coming up; why is it being released as simply "EW Version" instead of as "Ver Ka." like the Wing Gundam?
I guess they've decided that the Wing Ver. Ka was a misnomer? Personally I'm glad because it means we get actual box art instead of the Ver. Ka whiteness, and a couple of pictures of a secret guerilla weapon covered in super specific markings...
Arsarcana

Actually, the box art ties the Deathscythe kit (and presumably the ones to follow) to the new EW manga they're coming out with, which is probably why they're calling it that. As far as design goes, there's no difference between 'Ver EW' and 'Ver Ka'. Not that the side bonus of nice box art isn't also cool.

Oh yeah, someone figured out that Harute's missile container will fit on Kyrios. I suppose it's not too surprising, even though strictly speaking they're not exactly the same weapon. Still, nice touch.
jabman025

I am guessing they are going to retcon the flashback scene in Endless Waltz for the manga. If you remember in the movie during Duo's flashback they actually showed him attempting to destory the Deathscythe Hell, which never made sense because the flashback took place before the events of the series even started. I am willing to bet in the upcoming manga you will see this deathscythe in the flashback scene.
Xbox Live, Playstation Network, and Twitter : Jabman025
and check out my gunpla reviews on youtube http://www.youtube.com/user/jabman025
Laevatein

jabman025 wrote:I am guessing they are going to retcon the flashback scene in Endless Waltz for the manga. If you remember in the movie during Duo's flashback they actually showed him attempting to destory the Deathscythe Hell, which never made sense because the flashback took place before the events of the series even started. I am willing to bet in the upcoming manga you will see this deathscythe in the flashback scene.
Actually, in that scene in Endless Waltz they were trying to show the Deathscythe itself and not the Deathscythe Hell, since the Gundam shown in that scene didn't have the bat wings of the D-Hell. Still, they went lazy and went with only the removal of the wings, instead of rendering the parts specific to the redesign.
Kratos

Laevatein wrote: Actually, in that scene in Endless Waltz they were trying to show the Deathscythe itself and not the Deathscythe Hell, since the Gundam shown in that scene didn't have the bat wings of the D-Hell. Still, they went lazy and went with only the removal of the wings, instead of rendering the parts specific to the redesign.
I actually think it was Hell. The wings were folded across its chest, weren't they?
"The beast of opportunity finds its master and soars through a shaken cosmos"
Gone Astray

Kratos wrote:
Laevatein wrote: Actually, in that scene in Endless Waltz they were trying to show the Deathscythe itself and not the Deathscythe Hell, since the Gundam shown in that scene didn't have the bat wings of the D-Hell. Still, they went lazy and went with only the removal of the wings, instead of rendering the parts specific to the redesign.
I actually think it was Hell. The wings were folded across its chest, weren't they?
No, it was supposed to be the Deathscythe. Duo, Trowa, and Quatre all have flashbacks to before the events of the series, where they all rebel against the original Operation Meteor and "steal" their Gundams. Because of what I can only assume was laziness, they depicted all three Gundams in their Endless Waltz incarnations (though, this isn't much of a deal with the Heavyarms and Sandrock since their appearances didn't change too much, regardless of iteration), although they at least showed the Deathscythe without the wings.
"For who would lose, though full of pain, this intellectual being--those thoughts that wander through eternity; to perish rather, swallowed up and lost in the wide womb of uncreated night, devoid of sense and motion?"
1-4-4

Laevatein wrote:
jabman025 wrote:I am guessing they are going to retcon the flashback scene in Endless Waltz for the manga. If you remember in the movie during Duo's flashback they actually showed him attempting to destory the Deathscythe Hell, which never made sense because the flashback took place before the events of the series even started. I am willing to bet in the upcoming manga you will see this deathscythe in the flashback scene.
Actually, in that scene in Endless Waltz they were trying to show the Deathscythe itself and not the Deathscythe Hell, since the Gundam shown in that scene didn't have the bat wings of the D-Hell. Still, they went lazy and went with only the removal of the wings, instead of rendering the parts specific to the redesign.
The non-Hell Deathscythe redesign didn't even exist when Endless Waltz was made, did it?
exxecutor000

To those who have watched the 00 Movie recently:

From various spoilers in these forum, it seems that Qan[T], Zabaniya and Harute did not receive any upgrades/add-ons - am I correct here? If so, there should be no release of additional model kit except 'Seravee II' (to compliment Raphael).
exxecutor000... zero zero zero
Heecarl_Reez

^ I don't think so :wink: , from recent trailer there's this booster configuration from Harute, not to mention the 6 eyes mode Head which is missing in the first kit(oh scissors bit too :) ). Zabanya has a custom configuration that able to hold 14 holster bits.. And as for Quanta it's safe to buy, but according to those who have seen the movie:
Spoiler
In the End of the Movie, Quanta was shown with the Sword Bits stored in the back, and rather resembled Strike Freedom Wings- But then I doubt this version would be released.
quasadra

Heecarl_Reez wrote:Zabanya has a custom configuration that able to hold 14 holster bits..
is the 4 extra holster bits mounted on both shoulder? like the bits in GNHW/R? cause stacking onto the rack of 5 would a little oversize.
SD Gundam Capsule Fighter Online SEA IGN: 8bitNPC
Heecarl_Reez

Yeah it's placed in the shoulders, just like in this image- alternatively some quick close up can be seen see in this trailer.