144 HG Age Kits

Discuss models, figures, Blu-rays and more.
Bryant Molirse

144 HG Age Kits

Well this is more of a comment than anything. I purchased a couple Adeles on sale about a week ago, and finally sat down, and put one together yesterday. Dang the HG's have come a long way since I first put together a few from wing well over a decade ago. Honestly the way they have engineered them now, and how intricate the parts are reminds me more of building a miniature MG kit than a HG. Hopefully with the new RG line a lot of older kits will soon get this treatment as well. So in closing if you are thinking about getting a Age HG, go for it, you'll be surprised.
WARNING!!! I EDIT My posts in the image threads if there is NO NEW REPLIES!!
Dark Duel

Re: 144 HG Age Kits

I concur there. I own exactly one AGHG, which is the AGE-2DB(sort of; I'd bought the Normal when it came out, and when the DB came out I was too lazy to put the whole thing together again so I just built the arms and swapped them out on my Normal), and it blew me away for mainly one reason: No part swapping(almost).
Looking at the last variable unit HGs I put together, the HGUC Delta Plus, basically the entire torso block had to be swapped out for a different part if one wanted to switch it to Waverider mode.
The AGE-2 HG, the torso pulls up and rotates ninety degrees. The only part swap of sorts is in the legs, it normally has you swap the center joint that the legs attach to for a larger part.
I don't do it though, because IMO it looks better if you simply flip the legs into position and leave the "MS" part in place. Also on the Normal, the arms have to be taken off to rotate the shoulders into position for Strider mode, but I don't really consider that part swapping either; the DB does not have this requirement.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
PowerdGNFlag

The most significant part-swapping in AGE kits seem to be the AGE-3+variants; the whole torso block needs to be replaced for the transformation. Don't own any of the AGE kits but I've been eyeing the G-Exes for some time.
Well, I guess I'm a nobody...
DeganUAB

The G-Exes is great. I've got all the kits released so far, and the only dig I could put towards them is that the suits from Age 1 and Age 2 share a lot of the parts. Its Anime accurate, but when you build a few in a short while you'll notice. Still, there's nothing cooler than having all of Woolf's suits in one place.
Now is the time for mankind to stand up for the future.
Mythgarr

I love Age-2 and its wears, I do, especially Dark Hound.
But its Strider form is....annoying.
Can we pull out the head when transforming it, making it less cringe inducing (at least for me). Seeing the head's top jutting out in strider form makes me feel like I am terrible contorted. Why not cover it with something? Also the space between the legs in the strider form could use some kind of attachment. Boosters perhaps? It's just too empty.

I know, I know, Zeta, Kyrios and their derivatives also has that space between legs, but at least their heads are not awkwardly shown.
Visit The Dreams
Gelgoog Jager

What are the odds for the following AGE HG model kits to come out in the future?:

Commander Use Units:

ovm-el Dorado L
xvm-mzc Zeydalus
xvt-rlc Ghirarga Custom

X-Rounder Use Units:

xvm-dac Jilsbain
xvm-dgc Khronos
xvv-xcm Zedas M

HG model kits I would love to see, but that I know will never be:

Big Zam Type Units:

xvm-gz Defurse
xvm-rg Reganner
xvm-zbc Xamdrag
Dark Duel

Well, the Jilsbain and Ghiraga Custom are recolors of pre-existing kits(Zeydra and Ghiraga, respectively), as are the Dorado L and Zedas M. So I would say odds are at least good that we might get them. Of the others, you're right - only the Zeydalus and Khronos are even remotely likely - the latter shares a fair few parts with the Zeydra, so it would be only one or two extra runners' worth of parts, so it's distinctly possible. As for the Zeydalus, it's possible but IMO less likely.
And you're right, the other three are extremely unlikely IMO, given that it's rare for the really large units to get HG releases AFAIK.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Gelgoog Jager

I want to point out that the Dorado L is not identical to the Dorado: it has a different head design, more similar to a Gafran's, and arm-mounted missile launcher shields that are fixed around the wrists rather than just on top of them, as in the case of the regular Dorado beam vulcan shields. Either way it would also just require one or two extra runner to work out as with the Khronos/Zeydra case.

Regarding the other units, I'm also hoping that they don't turn out to be limited edition HG kits, like the Purple Danazine. The difference between it and the regular green model was never made clear (much like the purple and blue Gafrans), beyond a possible ace/commander status, and I did found that one a bit pointless for such reason.