Female Gundam pilots...

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Vent Noir

Female Gundam pilots...

Okay, trying to list all the female characters who've piloted a Gundam...

MSG: Sayla (RX-78 - one episode)
Zeta: Emma (Mk-II)
ZZ: Roux (Zeta), Elle (Mk-II). IIRC, Fa piloted the Zeta in one episode.
0080: Christina (NT-1)
V: Don't remember this well - did the Shrike Team get mass-produced V-Gundams?
G: Rain (Rising), Allenby (Nobel)
08th MS Team: Karen (RX-79G)
Seed: Cagalli (Strike Rouge)
Destiny: Stella (Gaia)
00: Nena (Throne Drei), Feldt's mother (mentioned only)

Any I missed?
RedBlitz

Isnt there one in Turn A Gundam? I might be wrong since I havent see it yet....
"We will change in order to create the future!!" - Setsuna F Seiei
auriga

If you're including the side stories:

Astray: Rondo Mina Sahaku (Gold Frame), Rikka Shedder (Gaia)
00P: Chall Acoustica, Marlene Vlady
Stargazer/Delta Astray: Mudie Holcroft (Blu Duel)

All I can remember for now...
Areku

I think Fraw actually piloted the RX-78 once, but after a quick search through MAHQ's episode overviews I didn't find it. Not confident on this one, but didn't Recoa Londe also pilot the Mk-II once during Zeta? And I have another series to add to that list:

X: None!
Cardi Doorl

Fraw threatened to pilot the Gundam in an early episode, when Amuro was angsting, but she never actually got into the cockpit.

Anyway, don't forget that Four Murasame (from Zeta) piloted the Psyco Gundam while Rosamia Badam (from Zeta) and Puru Two (from ZZ) both piloted the Psyco Gundam Mk. II!

Also, the original Puru flew the Gundam Mk. II in one instance.
RPG TRINARY: Gaia
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Cardi Doorl

Make sure to check out the RPG section!
Vate

Yeah, Gundams usually are piloted by guys and girls usually pilot more secure mobile armors...anyways, does the Akatsuki count as a gundam? I saw it labeled "Akatsuki Gundam" in a box a while back...
Wingnut

Re: Female Gundam pilots...

Vent Noir wrote:V: Don't remember this well - did the Shrike Team get mass-produced V-Gundams?
Some of them were seen using Victory Hexa units later in the series.

Also that's a completely different, and largely irrelevant topic there, Vate.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Raso

Lady Une piloted the Wing Gundam for about 5 seconds

I want to see a Female pilot take a real front role in a gundam series Emma was pretty much the closest we have got

when I first saw a couple linearts of Tieria I was really hopeing that it would of been a she but nope :(
Cardi Doorl

I haven't seen Destiny, but what I gather from snippets of forum discussion, Lunamaria Hawke pilots the Impulse Gundam, apparently.
RPG TRINARY: Gaia
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Cardi Doorl

Make sure to check out the RPG section!
Destiny_Gundam

Cardi Doorl wrote:I haven't seen Destiny, but what I gather from snippets of forum discussion, Lunamaria Hawke pilots the Impulse Gundam, apparently.
Yeah, she gets it when Shinn upgrades to the Destiny.

There's also Asuna Elmarit from the Ecole du Ciel manga. She test piloted one of the Gundam Mark IIs that the AEUG stole. And then she took it on in a defective Nemo. I don't think she really needs a Gundam.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
Dark Duel

@Vate: Yes, Akatsuki is a Gundam. It's called as such on the model kit boxart and manuals, it looks like one, and it uses a GUNDAM MOS.

Here's the full list that I can recall from Destiny: Stella (Gaia, Destroy), Lunamaria(Impulse), Cagalli(Akatsuki(once), Strike Rouge)

If we're to include side-story material from the Cosmic Era, there's quite a few:
Rondo Mina Sahaku(Gold Frame), Kazahana(Blue Frame - mentioned), Rena Imelia(Sword Calamity), Jane Houston(Forbidden Blue), Riika Sheder(Gaia), Setona Winters(Turn-Delta - once)

Also, I don't know if we're counting EVOLVE shorts, but there's also Defrah Kar(test pilot for GP-03) in Evolve 04
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
thehod

Marvet from Victory did pilot the Victory Gundam.

Christina from gundam 0080
Phantomexe87

What about Murrue Ramius? She piloted the Strike briefly, and there's Lacus in the Justice in Destiny. Though they're not exactly dedicated pilots.
Vate

Dark Duel wrote:@Vate: Yes, Akatsuki is a Gundam. It's called as such on the model kit boxart and manuals, it looks like one, and it uses a GUNDAM MOS.
Yesss!! Thank you.

What's MOS? M? Operating System?
Sume Gai

I think it means Multimedia Operating System (the Japanese really like nonsense acronyms don't they)
Dark Duel

I've already PMed him the answer.
What "MOS" is is "Mobile suit Operation System", which is anything but a "nonsense" acronym since we're talking about the operating system of a mobile suit.

Now I'd like us to get back to the topic of female Gundam pilots.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
pozdniakov

Sayla took the RX 78-2 out against Ramba Ral i think.
Kayra Piloted the ReGzin CCA
Marvet and Junka Jenko piloted V1 whilst the shrike team piloted V1 Hexa's in the last few episodes.
Zeonic Glory

I don't think the Re-GZ was technically a Gundam though. But, I don't want to open up that can of worms, so I'll just leave that at IMO. I don't know if I should also bring up that Rain more or less piloted the Devil Gundam's last form (She's already on the list, but I thought I'd mention that).
Warning: When using Minovsky Particles, please do not drive or operate heavy machinery. If you have a Newtype Flash lasting longer than 6 hours, please call 911 as this may be a sign of a serious and life threatening side-effect. Ask your doctor if taking Minovsky Particles are right for you.
Phantomexe87

Wasn't one of the earlier Shuffle Alliance Gundam fighters female? Also does ALICE count?
VentZX

Destiny_Gundam wrote:There's also Asuna Elmarit from the Ecole du Ciel manga. She test piloted one of the Gundam Mark IIs that the AEUG stole. And then she took it on in a defective Nemo. I don't think she really needs a Gundam.
ECOLE DU CIEL SPOILER (just in case)

Asuna gets Le Cygne in Volume 9, which is for all intents and purposes a Gundam.