Question about Haman Khan (or Karn... whatever)

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Arbiter GUNDAM

Question about Haman Khan (or Karn... whatever)

I would like to ask a question. And here it is: What is up with Haman and Judau? Why is she practically throwing herself on him and why does he not like her, beyond the fact that she's the Neo Zeon leader. Why him, especially after she and Camille shared one of those funky Newtype moments?

Keep in mind, I haven't seen ZZ, just read Chris' reviews and not all of them.
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
Vate

Huh, what? Well, he was looking for his lost sis, then afterwards he had to deal with her apparent death.
Nimrod

It's mostly that she sees him as a possible equal as a newtype (as he's a quite powerful one) to help her usher in a re-birth of the zeon empire.

But you should really watch ZZ Gundam yourself and it should help you clear up these questions.
Recon 5

Quite possible. It also adds a bit of, well, subtext if she also believes that Newtype- ism is genetically transferred, as opposed to some random mutation (which seems to be the case). I mean, a union of two of the most powerful Newtypes would create an invincible Newtype Dynasty if they could indeed pass down their abilities. That would have made later Gundam series a lot more interesting.
Yay for functional signatures!

THE OFFICIAL SAJI FANCLUB. PLEASE POST YOUR SAJI SPECULATIONS HERE
Arbiter GUNDAM

Unfortunately, at the moment of going to press, I simply do not have ANY time to get involved in another 50 episode anime. I'm actually glad 00 is ending when it is.

Anyway, that's why I'm asking this Nimrod.

--Freyja Wion
Wingnut

Having seen ZZ, I'm not real sure either. Haman is not one to make her true intentions clear to anyone, so I can't really say what might have been going through her head when it came to Judau other than as a potential replacement for Char.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Kuro No Sakura

Recon 5 wrote:Quite possible. It also adds a bit of, well, subtext if she also believes that Newtype- ism is genetically transferred, as opposed to some random mutation (which seems to be the case). I mean, a union of two of the most powerful Newtypes would create an invincible Newtype Dynasty if they could indeed pass down their abilities. That would have made later Gundam series a lot more interesting.
If i were Judau I wouldn't have crush with Haman
Haman is only 6 years older but have a faces of 30ish

if it's C.D.A Haman is different story :lol:

Wingnut said it right
she is finding a replacement of Char since Char already dead in her knowledge (we all know what happen to char later)
and only Judau have the NT power matching her and a strong will too
Dark Duel

Judau doesn't particularly like Haman - Actually, I'd say he pretty strongly dislikes her.
She's the one who seems to be a little too interested in him.
And I would have to say that Judau was possibly a MORE powerful Newtype than Char, frankly. Definitely than Gryps War-Char/Quattro. I mean Christ, he's a powerful enough Newtype to frighten Haman, which is something not even Kamille managed(Kamille just ticked her off - In Dakar, she was SCARED of how powerful a Newtype Judau was).

And yeah, I've seen ZZ. Awesome series, despite having a slightly slapstick first third or so and a few too many throwaway episodes.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
HalfDemonInuyasha

Yep...the several possibilities have been said...

1.) Similar to Amuro and Lalah, it could simply be Newtype "attraction" to him. Probably not any actual "love" there, but just...something. So, despite being mortal enemies and being told off constantly, Haman kept trying to get Judau to join her and be with her and Judau still tried to plead to Haman into changing her ways at the end, but he thought that her way of doing things was wrong while she simply felt it was too late and she was unable to change.

2.) As mentioned, she saw him as a replacement for Char since, from what we've read in Char's Deleted Affair and have seen in Zeta Gundam, it was "love" to Haman in her eyes, but merely a fling to Char, so obviously despite her exterior, she really did want to get with him out of lonliness and also seeing a bit of Char within him.

3.) Also as mentioned, just trying to be manipulative into gaining another powerful and useful tool for her use to conquer everything. I mean, we see how dedicated and powerful one like Mashymre Cello is and is constantly "praised" by Haman while he is blindly in love with her. She probably hoped to get someone like that out of Judau. If she were to get Judau and the ZZ on her side, Neo Zeon would be much stronger than it already was. Couple in things like Pie and (if Glemy hadn't rebelled) Pie Two and the other clones with Mass Produced Qubeley's, the Quin Mantha, Dooben Wolves, Geymalk, etc, the Neo Zeon MS army would be virtually invincible against anything the Federation and AEUG could throw at them.

Only possible counters (besides numbers) being things like the original Zeta, FAZZ, Gundam Mark IV / V, S / Ex-S, and other powerful prototypes...which are very few and between so once they're trashed, they'd be gone pretty much.
"I'll show you that a superior mobile suit has its limits when it goes up against a superior pilot!" - Char Aznable, The Red Comet
Arbiter GUNDAM

So basically what was going on was that on the surface she just wanted another powerful Newtype for the Neo Zeon cause but in her heart of hearts she wanted to have another relationship like she had with Char? Is that correct?

--Freyja Wion
HalfDemonInuyasha

Well, nobody really knows for certain...it could be any, all, or none of them. All simply based on observations from the anime really.
"I'll show you that a superior mobile suit has its limits when it goes up against a superior pilot!" - Char Aznable, The Red Comet
Brave Fencer Kirby

The attraction Haman feels for Judau seems to be primarily an artifact of their mutual Newtype abilities (Puru's attitude toward Judau can be explained in much the same way). There are essentially two attitudes people who have shared a Newtype connection can have toward the one they shared the connection with: infatuation/love, or anger/hate. The Judau/Haman connection is a strange one in that the feelings aren't mutual; Haman is clearly infatuated with Judau, but Judau doesn't return the feelings -- he's more angry with her over the things the she has done (and the things that Neo Zeon has done in her name) than anything else, though it seems clear (especially during the final battle) that he doesn't actually hate her for it.
Fighting evil so you don't have to!