Londo Bell jurisdiction

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
turkishproverb

Phantomexe87 wrote:I'm not seeing that, since the rest of the Federation Space Forces seemed to still be using GM IIIs, seemed like the Jegans were relatively new.
Like i said, I"m just trying to use the Books as a possible explanation. Kind've like the way people consider most of the MSG book trilogies back story accurate to the Anime.
Join Zeon: Victory by 0080
Ascension wrote:
turkishproverb wrote:Unless your Joe Quesada.
:lol: Ahh, Quesada. He is to comic book fans what Fukuda is to Gundam fans.
mcred23

Phantomexe87 wrote:I'm not seeing that, since the rest of the Federation Space Forces seemed to still be using GM IIIs, seemed like the Jegans were relatively new.
The EFSF used both at the time of the Second Neo Zeon War. The Luna II garrison was only shown using Jegans and the forces that came to help out Londo Bell at the end (Such as the 88th Fleet) used both Jegans and GM III's. At the time, it seems the EFF was phasing out the GM III and working in the Jegan.

That said, I think the term "discarded" is probably a poor choice of a word for what MS they have. The MS they are known to have used (The Jegans, Jeda, Re-GZ and later the Nu) are all good performing MS (With the former two units going into mass production, and the Jegan obviously becoming the mainstay of the entire Federation), not units that really strike me as something that was given to Londo Bell simply so they'd have MS to fight with. Besides, if the Federation really didn't trust them, they would have armed with with GM III's or something even worse, rather than the newer, superior MS they did.
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')
toysdream

turkishproverb wrote:Arrg. I was referring to any special equiptment requests.
In other words, your "discarded suits" refers only to the Re-GZ. You could just say that and spare us a digression into the GM III. :-)

-- Mark
Phantomexe87

The Federation sure goes through mobile suits fast, three GM models in 13 years. Though I suppose a number of the GMs are refits and what not. Always wondered what they do with all the other MPed suits, like the Hizacks, Barzams, Neros, etc.

As for LB, seems to me their MS are top-of-the-line for the most part. The ReGZ may have been discarded, but only because it was too expensive to mass produce, a 'design-flaw' most pilots can live with I imagine.
Dark Duel

Phantomexe87 wrote:The Federation sure goes through mobile suits fast, three GM models in 13 years.
You think that's bad? Try three models mass-produced in two years. (Earth Alliance, C.E.)

Ahem, back on topic.

Looking at CCA as well as the Unicorn novels, it seems that basically Londo Bell is sort of the place where the EF tosses one-off protos like the Re-GZ, and later the Re-ZEL and D+.
But beyond that, they don't really seem to have all that much support. LB in CCA had only a handful of Clop-class plus the Cailum, and the crew in Unicorn are using a ship that, by that time, is 9 or so yrs old.
Last edited by Dark Duel on Mon Mar 31, 2008 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Phantomexe87

Yes, but ships don't age as fast as mobile suits, e.g. the Federation uses the Clops and Ra Calium class well into the UC 0120s and far beyond. The Nahel Argama is a very valuable asset, and it would be a shame to let it go to waste.

I suppose it's not too different from the Titans in their early days, when they were still relatively small (or so I've been told, anyway). I'd take an Alexandria over a Clop myself in any case. Though they did get the first Ra Calium.
Kuruni

Phantomexe87 wrote:Actually Londo Bell (or a part of it anyway) shows up in Mobile Suit Gundam Silhouette Formula 91 in UC 0123, where they had the Neo Gundam(s). Though there's not much info on that.
I remember they're called 603th Corp. Maybe name change or seperate taskforce.
My girlfriend was a loli.
turkishproverb

toysdream wrote:
turkishproverb wrote:Arrg. I was referring to any special equiptment requests.
In other words, your "discarded suits" refers only to the Re-GZ. You could just say that and spare us a digression into the GM III. :-)

-- Mark
Erm? I wasn't hte one who brought them up. STill, I see your point. My own fault for using my embryonic Japanese skills to try to read the books anyway.
Ascension wrote:
toysdream

turkishproverb wrote:Erm? I wasn't hte one who brought them up. STill, I see your point. My own fault for using my embryonic Japanese skills to try to read the books anyway.
You said that Londo Bell "was only given discarded suits and such." That spawned a whole digression about the status of the Jegan relative to the GM III, which could have been avoided if you'd specified you were only referring to the Re-GZ. But where the Re-GZ is concerned, you're quite right that this is a consolation prize of sorts because the Federation Forces don't trust Amuro with a real Gundam.

-- Mark
Gadget

toysdream wrote: But where the Re-GZ is concerned, you're quite right that this is a consolation prize of sorts because the Federation Forces don't trust Amuro with a real Gundam.
Re-GZ not a real Gundam? The accounting office may have use all the money to pay Char off :lol: That is why they said the Re-GZ is too expensive.

If the EA is so confident that they could 'pay' Char off, why did they finally gave a Gundam to Armuro. Or is the Nu a show piece for Londo Bell and Armuro a war celebrity spokesman.
'
Duraham

I'm inclined to believe that Char funded the making of the Nu Gundam, given how obsessed he is with regards to having a final duel with Amuro. you can see him not really engaging Amuro when he's using the Re-GZ
toysdream

Gadget wrote:If the EA is so confident that they could 'pay' Char off, why did they finally gave a Gundam to Armuro. Or is the Nu a show piece for Londo Bell and Armuro a war celebrity spokesman.
After Char takes over Sweetwater and announces his plans to fight the Federation, the Londo Bell receive some extra reinforcements courtesy of their government patron John Bauer. These include a bunch of extra ships - in particular the battleship Ra Cailum - as well as the transfer of Bright Noa, a complement of new Jegan mobile suits, and the commissioning of the Nu Gundam. Bauer definitely seems to take Char's threat more seriously than the other Federation officials, and he does his bureaucratic best to build up Londo Bell's tiny fighting strength.

After the end of Char's Counterattack, it's possible that the emergency reinforcements Bauer provided would be reassigned to other units. That might explain why Bright and the Ra Cailum are no longer with Londo Bell as of U.C. 0105, or perhaps the unit itself will end up being disbanded in Gundam Unicorn.

-- Mark
Phantomexe87

But isn't "Mobile Suit Gundam: Hathaway's Flash" in a different 'canon' than Unicorn? Since Hathaway's Flash follows Yoshiyuki Tomino's novelized form of Char's Counterattack, rather than his animated movie version. As I rcall there's a number of discrepancies. Not to mention that Londo Bell shows up in "Mobile Suit Gundam Silhouette Formula 91 in UC 0123".
Chris
Administrator

Phantomexe87 wrote:The Federation sure goes through mobile suits fast, three GM models in 13 years. Though I suppose a number of the GMs are refits and what not. Always wondered what they do with all the other MPed suits, like the Hizacks, Barzams, Neros, etc.
It's not really new models so much as it is upgrades, since the GM II and GM III are using the same basic frame as the original GM. It's certainly a far slower pace of updates than some other Gundam factions, such as the Earth Alliance, which in the span of just over two years goes through the Dagger, Dagger L and Windam.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
turkishproverb

toysdream wrote:
turkishproverb wrote:Erm? I wasn't hte one who brought them up. STill, I see your point. My own fault for using my embryonic Japanese skills to try to read the books anyway.
You said that Londo Bell "was only given discarded suits and such." That spawned a whole digression about the status of the Jegan relative to the GM III, which could have been avoided if you'd specified you were only referring to the Re-GZ. But where the Re-GZ is concerned, you're quite right that this is a consolation prize of sorts because the Federation Forces don't trust Amuro with a real Gundam.

-- Mark
I meant that I never brought up the RGM III. still, your right i should have specified it better.
Ascension wrote: