Anime tracks that really caught your attention

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Kavik Ryx

Recon 5 wrote:
bluemax151 wrote: Something that is sticking out in my mind right now though is "Lonely Soldier Boy"
Ah, yes. That was one of the things that made Mospeada so AWESOME... besides the Armo Bomber, of course.
That is perhaps the most catchy anime openings I've ever heard. It's also half the reason I want to see the series.
Recon 5

Sandrock wrote: Reason (Forget the performers name, Nami something?) GSD First ending. Just before the chorus there is set of (4?) sudden keyboard chords that seem to change trhe pace of the music
Nami Tamaki?

I used to think the stuff in SEED was catchy enough, but after listening to most of the OPs and endings (including those of the side stories), I have to say that TM Revolution is sticking a bit to closely to the same formula. River was quite nice, though, as was the 1st ending.
Yay for functional signatures!

THE OFFICIAL SAJI FANCLUB. PLEASE POST YOUR SAJI SPECULATIONS HERE
Aegis

For the most part, any OST that has Yoko Kanno on it typically stands out. Whether it be Cowboy Bebop, Macross Plus, Turn A Gundam, Ghost in the Shell, or Wolf's Rain, there's always something that just catches my attention, especially given the seemingly experimental nature her music sometimes comes off. These days, her music doesn't quite grab me the way it used to do, but her music is still worth listening to. Welp, now she's pretty much the music director for the soon to be broadcast Macross F, and I'm liking the vocals so far. Tsuki no Mayu still remains my favourite Gundam theme of all time, while Rise was a long time obsession of mine.

Taku Iwasaki is another I've come to like, namely because of his work in Read or Die, TTGL, and Witch Hunter Robin. I fell in love with the tracks the moment I heard them, what with its upbeat tempos that can get the adrenaline pumping and all. Row Row fight the powah, anyone? :P
Antares

Aegis said:
Row Row fight the powah, anyone?
Touch the untouchable and break the unbreakable. That, and the most heroic tune ever, Ten wo Tsukue (I think that is the name of the track), make TTGL OST a must-buy for me... when it becomes available and at a cost that doesn't force me to contemplate selling a kidney. :P
-We will not be caught by surprise!
*Almost everyone I've killed uttered similar last words.
-Then I am glad once again that you are on my side.
*They've often said that too.
Terrace

-The fight between Cooler and Goku in the DBZ movie Cooler's Revenge.
Heavyarms is the best walking weapons pile of all the Gundams!

Click Here!
Quiddity

Vision of Escaflowne, and Cowboy Bebop. Can't beat Yoko Kanno. Best anime composer out there IMHO. Turn A Gundam and Wolf's Rain certainly were good as well, just not at their level.
MAHQ Staff - Dunbine, L-Gaim, Escaflowne, Ideon, Gasaraki, The Big O, Overman King Gainer, Zambot 3 and FLCL
In my search for justice, I created war. In my search for war, I created death. In my search for death... I have lost my soul.
razgriz

Meteor- TM Revolution, i dunno y there is jus something so empowering about it :lol: i feel like i can spam the world when it comes on my ipod
setsuna: I AM A GUNDAM!!!
graham: I AM A FLAG!!!
(setsuna giggling)
graham: NO!! i said FLLLAG!
Casval Rem Daikun

Re: Anime tracks that really caught your attention

Recon 5 wrote:I've been listening to some of my favorites over the past few days and I was wondering, what anime tracks are memorable for you, and why?

This isn't a favorites thread. You don't have to stick to stuff that you still listen to every now and then. This thread is for songs that really stood out when you first heard them, even if you forgot about them eventually.

-Anime ja Nai(try tracing this one :D)- Seriously, I still don't know what to think about this one... but it sure was unique.
The first opening for ZZ Gundam. Interesting choice.
I prefer Silent Voice myself. ;)

Tracks that stand out for me usually wind up on CD's as driving music, or on the playlist I fall asleep to at night.

In the Driving Category:
Tank! - Nothing better than timing the start of this track so "Let's Jam" and the green light coincide. :twisted:
Midnight Sun - OP from Tenchi Muyo! GXP Just a fun track to listen to.
Believe - Nami Tamaki - Nice for open stretches of road.
Cloud Age Symphony - Bagpipes!
Ryo-Ohki's Theme - From Tenchi Muyo! Ryo-Ohki - hard to describe this one, but it just imparts thoughts and feelings of motion for me.
Shiki no Uta (Song of the Seasons) - MINMI - ED from Samurai Champloo. Hell, even my mom likes it.
Fukai Mori - Another Inuyasha track. Nice for the ride home.
Come - Namie Amuro - from Inuyasha. Flows well.
Akatsuki no Kuruma - I enjoy how it builds to a crescendo, sometimes you almost feel spent at the end of it.

Those are the onese I recall of the top of my head.
Yuusha Tokkyu Might Gaine

ths1138 wrote:
Yuusha Tokkyu Might Gaine wrote:Moon from Turn A Gundam, I liked both the French and Japanese versions, but I prefer the French version myself.
Is it really French? I was under the impression it was a made-up language created by Kanno Youko. Can anyone who actually speaks French comment on this?

- ths1138
My bad, it was actually Latin
Tell me bats, what are you really scared of? Failure to save this cesspool of a city? Not finding the Commissioner in time? Me, in a thong?-Joker Arkham Asylum

My father was a wheel! THE FIRST WHEEL! And you know what he transformed into?! NOTHING! But he did it with honor!-Jefire, Transformers 2
G-Slayer
Location: In the fridge, behind the mayonnaise, next to the ketchup, and to the left of the coleslaw.

-The fight between Cooler and Goku in the DBZ movie Cooler's Revenge.
I thought I was the only one who was into that music. But you're talking about the dubbed version, right?

Anyway, Yoko Kanno, T.M.R., Nami Tamaki, and See-Saw (.hack) are just some of the Japanese musicians that have caught my attention. Right now I can't get the song "Colors," by FLOW out of my head.
"That's it! I'll never Gundam the pilot again, Bright!"--Amuro Ray

My YouTube Channel!

My Photobucket Album!

My Gunpla Blog!
RedBlitz

Vision of Escaflown - Escaflown

Most of the Seed/Destiny Openings/Endings

White Reflection - Gundam Wing

Rythim Emotion - Gundam Wing

Last Impression - Gundam Wing

Code Geass Openings/Endings

and much much more..
"We will change in order to create the future!!" - Setsuna F Seiei
MV6000 the Ace Zeon Pilot

"Anime tracks that really caught your attention"

For me its anything Cowboy Bebop related

Ghost in the Shell - Rise

Mobile Suit Gundam - Beginning, Soldiers of Sorrow, and Encounters
*Im not removing this signature until ZZ Gundam gets dubbed and is released in America*

Started on October 14,2007
Dark Duel

"Player", the opening theme to Ghost in the Shell: Standalone Complex - Solid State Society.
Also the unforgettable "Anime ja nai!", and more recently, Code Geass's "Picaresque" (It's the song that plays in the Ep when Toudou is rescued and the Gekkas start kicking arse). Sooo catchy.
That and O2, the OP theme for R2.

That's the best ones I can think of for now.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Sume Gai

who could forget the classic "Beyond the Time"

if anyone has to ask where this comes from they are either new or need to be shot...

"Silent Voice" ZZ's second Opening always sticks out as well
Isamu Alva Dyson

"Information High," from Macross Plus, is really well used to bring a crescendo to the movie... Isamu blasting his way through the atmosphere as Sharon Apple has a crazy holographic concert was a pretty impressive visual complement to what was already a pretty cool techno song.

I'm partial to the militant vocal music they play whenever Britannia appears in Code Geass... it makes me laugh in spite of myself.

Fist of the North Star and Fist of the North Star 2 have some pretty hot-blooded openings that always make me want to get up and start rapid-fire punching someone. Usually such reactions are met with alarm by whoever is closest, so I listen to these songs infrequently. :?

I like the scoring to a lot of Miyazaki's films. I remember seeing Princess Mononoke when I was younger and the atmosphere was really cool.
"You're...alive?"

"Was there ever any doubt?"
ShadowCell

Isamu Alva Dyson wrote:I'm partial to the militant vocal music they play whenever Britannia appears in Code Geass... it makes me laugh in spite of myself.
It's even better when you have the lyrics.
Isamu Alva Dyson

"Our Emperor stands astride this world
He’ll vanquish every foe!"

Nothing like a good dose of hubris... although it's not much worse than the song it's based off of in terms of pompousness.
"You're...alive?"

"Was there ever any doubt?"
Aegis

Yuusha Tokkyu Might Gaine wrote:My bad, it was actually Latin
Is it Latin? I was also under the impression that the language was made up, a recurring theme with Yoko Kanno tracks (particularly when it involves Yoko - er, Gabriela Robin vocals).
RedBlitz

The Gundam Wing battle songs are also good... just dont know their names, too long to remember.
"We will change in order to create the future!!" - Setsuna F Seiei