Char and Usso

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
RedBlitz

Char and Usso

I've heard quite a few people say that Char Aznable is actually Usso Evin's great-grand father or something like that. Because Usso's mother's last name "Miguel" is the same as that last name of Char's last known lover.

I dont think it's ever been proved, unless maybe in those Japan only mangas??? But I'd like to know what you guys think about it?

For me... since im a Char fan of course I believe it but I've only watched a few episodes of Victory so I dont really know a whole lot about Usso. Does he have any "Char like" behavior?
"We will change in order to create the future!!" - Setsuna F Seiei
Dark Duel

Chris or toysdream/Mark would know for sure, but I'm fairly certain that's not the case - I do recall reading somewhere some time ago that Yoshiyuki Tomino said that it was not true.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Haros_Pet_Kat

As interesting as the theory sounds, and as much it would help explain why Uso is a newtype, there is a 100% chance it's not true.

Honestly, Uso is another Amuro. If anything, most joke that most of the women around him are "Char-like" for Uso.

Sorry. This was debunked by Chris in another thread.
Chris wrote:Haha...you jackanapes have all been fooled by my ninja editing skills!
RedBlitz

How far back is it?? I looked for a similar one before posting but didnt find one.
"We will change in order to create the future!!" - Setsuna F Seiei
mcred23

It might help is you spelled Uso's name right (One "s", not two), as that'll mess up any and all searches. :P Chris' debunking of that rumor was on the very first page of search results (As that thread is very recent).
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')
Chris
Administrator

It's a rumor that lots of people would like to be true, but it just isn't. Certainly, there are some similarities between Char and Uso - they both excel as pilots, but are a bit weaker in Newtype power than some other people. Char's lover being Nanai Miguel and Uso's mother being Muller Miguel is a coincidence, but nothing more. People who claim that as a connection are ignoring the fact that Miguel is a common name. If their last names were both Smith, I doubt anyone would be attempting to make a connection.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
Wingnut

As such, this thread is now closed.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.