Seed Movie Still Coming

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Recon 5

Zero Revenge wrote:Also, don't worry about they killing Mwu, he's immortal. He survived being vaporized, that wouldn't kill him off again... and if they did, he'd be back by the end to safe the Archangel in the same mannerism again.

Also. METEOR III.
They could kill Mwu by having his golden bucket's energy shield fail on him during the second rescue. About the METEOR III, there hasn't even been a version II yet so a II will have to come first.

I doubt they'll change any deaths/ survivals for main characters, though. Most were key plot points. Any rewrites would be considered either a new AU or a retcon.

Also, they need to show other crewmembers' reactions whenever the Archangel takes a hit.
Yay for functional signatures!

THE OFFICIAL SAJI FANCLUB. PLEASE POST YOUR SAJI SPECULATIONS HERE
Zero Revenge

Recon 5 wrote:
Zero Revenge wrote:Also, don't worry about they killing Mwu, he's immortal. He survived being vaporized, that wouldn't kill him off again... and if they did, he'd be back by the end to safe the Archangel in the same mannerism again.

Also. METEOR III.
They could kill Mwu by having his golden bucket's energy shield fail on him during the second rescue. About the METEOR III, there hasn't even been a version II yet so a II will have to come first.

I doubt they'll change any deaths/ survivals for main characters, though. Most were key plot points. Any rewrites would be considered either a new AU or a retcon.

Also, they need to show other crewmembers' reactions whenever the Archangel takes a hit.
Wasn't the Meteor System used at the end of Destiny "Meteor II"? Seeing that the Meteor systems were destroyed at the end of SEED? I don't remember the ending too well, except a feeling of great disappointment.
Phantomexe87

Well if it is anything like CCA, someone is likely to die, or just not show up at all, e.g. like how Kamille was nowhere to be found.

I'm actually interested in when it will be set. Could be right after Destiny, or years later.
SNT1

As long as Kira owns a ton of mobile suits with the Freedom, i'm a happy camper. AND DONT KILL MU!! Kiling someone... then bringing him back... then kill him again would be way too stupid in my opinion.
This is probably why this SEED movie will be a success, if the status quo from CE is held. Fans like these. Not that I'm knocking on the opinion, but for MechaTalkers and any other fans that thought GS/GSD were the worst thing to happen to Gundam, I wouldn't get your hopes up for this movie.

As for me, the possibility of newer kits for me to get broke on is among the reasons why I want this project to go forward...
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
auriga

Wasn't the Meteor System used at the end of Destiny "Meteor II"?
The METEORs used in Destiny were no different from the ones in SEED. I'm sure pretty pop princess can order her loyal minions to get parts to rebuild them.
Zero Revenge

SNT1 wrote:As for me, the possibility of newer kits for me to get broke on is among the reasons why I want this project to go forward...
I really want to see how Fukuda and the staff are going to make the EAF look bad again. More Nukes? Good lord that's been overdone. And with LOGOS destroyed, and the entire Alliance in splinters and ruin, I have no idea who the villains would be... and with Lacus taking over ZAFT at the end of Destiny, I can only see the EAF ending up being the punching bags/victims - villains again. But this leads back to Problem #1 - the EAF is still in shambles after the outright beating they took in Destiny. I doubt another 2 years would bring them back to 25% their power of old.

Maybe a ZAFT civil war sparked by Lacus' assassination? That'd be a great opening...
auriga wrote:
Wasn't the Meteor System used at the end of Destiny "Meteor II"?
The METEORs used in Destiny were no different from the ones in SEED. I'm sure pretty pop princess can order her loyal minions to get parts to rebuild them.
Alright, guess I was wrong. I don't remember where I got the idea of a Meteor II then...
SNT1

ZR wrote:Maybe a ZAFT civil war sparked by Lacus' assassination? That'd be a great opening...
They tried in Destiny... experience shows it cannot be done.

...By the way, that kinda started the Yamatofest.
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
RedBlitz

SNT1 wrote:
As long as Kira owns a ton of mobile suits with the Freedom, i'm a happy camper. AND DONT KILL MU!! Kiling someone... then bringing him back... then kill him again would be way too stupid in my opinion.
This is probably why this SEED movie will be a success, if the status quo from CE is held. Fans like these. Not that I'm knocking on the opinion, but for MechaTalkers and any other fans that thought GS/GSD were the worst thing to happen to Gundam, I wouldn't get your hopes up for this movie.
Dont get me wrong... im all for a good plot and complex characters like in the original Gundam Series from the UC era. But im also a big fan of the Seed and Destiny mech's and how they perform. Sure the Strike Freedom is overpowered... but that doesnt mean I dont enjoy him destroying 20 zaku's and gouf's in 2 minutes. lol

I'm not expecting a huge story from this movie, because pretty much all hte problems should be solved by now... I mean they cant have a 3rd war right?? So im hoping for some good action and maybe Kira actually kissing Lacus for God Sakes.
"We will change in order to create the future!!" - Setsuna F Seiei
Arbiter GUNDAM

Yeah, I mean after destiny, who is left to fight? I just got a bad feeling that this movie might end up becoming some sort of drama with only a single big battle at the end...*cough*Attack of the Clones*cough*
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
Zero Revenge

Oh dammit. You're right. I forgot that they tried it twice.

Nerts. Not to keep on speculating (since it's looked down and all) but how else logically could it start a conflict that's resolvable in two hours? More EAF nuclear attacks?
Phantomexe87

For some reason I see Athrun with a bunch of Patrick Zala loyalists trying to drop something onto Earth as villains, after the EAF does something evil again. The whole Zala's last words, Athrun's (obsessive) reflecting upon his father in Destiny, fighting his loyalists, you just need some catalyst to push him off the deep end à la Char.
Recon 5

They might try to bring in villains from the side stories. I mean, they had Lowe rescuing our man Kira, so why can't they have some Sahakus or others causing trouble?
Yay for functional signatures!

THE OFFICIAL SAJI FANCLUB. PLEASE POST YOUR SAJI SPECULATIONS HERE
Zero Revenge

Recon 5 wrote:They might try to bring in villains from the side stories. I mean, they had Lowe rescuing our man Kira, so why can't they have some Sahakus or others causing trouble?
Highly doubtful. Because that would be logical.

I fully support someone from Astray being injected into the movie, but I highly doubt we'd see it.
blaze101
Location: Would say Halle Barry's boudoir, but she had a kid. So, yeah...<_<

Kenji wrote:That said, if Fukuda did kill off Kira in Destiny, which it looked like he had every intention of doing, the end of Destiny and/or this movie could've been Shinn vs. Athrun... or, as far as a UC fan would like him would be concerned, the dream match-up of Camille vs. Char. I suppose it could still be done, but it'd require so much work to undo everything that is the second half of Destiny...
Hmm....I had thought about CCA-style Shin vs. Kira. But actually, I think you're right. Probably would have made for a better story if Kira had been iced in Destiny and Shin and Athrun give it one final go in the movie. Maybe Lacus should've been iced in Destiny, too. Aside from Cagalli, Kira and Lacus were the ones who always showed Athrun the light. I think with those two characters gone, things might have been more interesting because Athrun would have had to take a more objective view of his past mistakes and focus more on making the right decision the first time around rather than letting guilt trips or other emotions cloud his thinking. To me, he let his emotions and past run him too much (points to his 1st conversation with Dilly). Although he tried to appear restrained and calculating in front of Shin and the rest of the Miverva crew, he clearly wasn't thinking straight.

Chris wrote:I don't really have much faith that people who create mediocre products and are rewarded by being allowed to create more mediocre products will learn from their mistakes. Expecting any better from them would be contrary to what they've given us so far.
Don't get me wrong. I think you're right on target, but part of me still wants to give Fukuda and the rest of the production team the benefit of a doubt. People make mistakes and deserve (at least) a second chance, and Fukuda did say he wasn't too pleased with how Destiny turned out overall. Then again, I heard rumors that he he stated that Dilly was the "good-guy" of the series. Since the bias in Destiny is so evident, I'd be even more disappointed if that rumor is true.
This is what happens to ya if you mess with me--http://content.ytmnd.com/content/0/c/4/ ... fc861a.gif
Chris
Administrator

blaze101 wrote:Don't get me wrong. I think you're right on target, but part of me still wants to give Fukuda and the rest of the production team the benefit of a doubt. People make mistakes and deserve (at least) a second chance, and Fukuda did say he wasn't too pleased with how Destiny turned out overall. Then again, I heard rumors that he he stated that Dilly was the "good-guy" of the series. Since the bias in Destiny is so evident, I'd be even more disappointed if that rumor is true.
I already gave Fukuda the benefit of the doubt - SEED was an ok series, and his chance to do a better job was DESTINY. He started it off well enough, but then he totally ruined it. I don't think he deserves a third chance.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
NastyNate

Did anybody else but me really enjoy how seed and destiny end, and would anybody else just like to see an older version of the original characters married and then they have to just dust of their old mobile suits like in endless waltz or their kids take over. But just keep the good ending and get those kids (and adults, hence the captain) married.
"I am the way the truth and the life, no man comes to the Father but by me"-Jesus Christ

PSN, Xbox Live, Twitter: Nates4Christ
Imperial

It will be nice to finally see this movie pull itself out of limbo, if only to lay to rest all the insane rumors that have been cirulating about it. I don't really expect much from it, given the production team's track record, but it should be good for some shiny machines blowing each other to bits.
NastyNate wrote:Did anybody else but me really enjoy how seed and destiny end, and would anybody else just like to see an older version of the original characters married and then they have to just dust of their old mobile suits like in endless waltz or their kids take over. But just keep the good ending and get those kids (and adults, hence the captain) married.
You would certainly be in the minority, if nothing else.
This space for rent
azrael

Imperial wrote:It will be nice to finally see this movie pull itself out of limbo, if only to lay to rest all the insane rumors that have been cirulating about it. I don't really expect much from it, given the production team's track record, but it should be good for some shiny machines blowing each other to bits.
They have a plot but no script so all it needs is writers to flesh it out. Considering that she probably isn't healthy enough to tackle the project head on, why not pass it on to someone else in the group. If you're in no real condition to work, then you really should let someone else handle things.
Kuruni

Kira marry Lacus would destroy their "holiness", something I want to see but doubt it :wink: . Lacus is one of moe character, even one who above the world of motal. And Japanese never lets moe character marry, no girl can become wife and still keep that innocent puppy-like eyes.
My girlfriend was a loli.
NastyNate

Still there is the captain with mu and athrun with that one girl. And didn't in one ep lacus gave kira a ring and in japaneese custom to trust someone with a ring means marriage is soon to come. It would actually make lacus look more "holy" because this way she will be living with her husband and not her boyfriend.
"I am the way the truth and the life, no man comes to the Father but by me"-Jesus Christ

PSN, Xbox Live, Twitter: Nates4Christ