Seed Movie Still Coming

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
insanepipe

Seed Movie Still Coming

Reports from Japanese sites, such as Ayano☆Diary, say the most recent issue of Animage gives a long-awaited update on the situation surrounding the Gundam SEED movie, originally announced back in May of 2006. Chiaki Morosawa, who was the subject of an interview, says the plot has been done for some time now but that following the end of SEED Destiny, she fell ill, underwent examinations, and currently goes to the hospital for treatment. Apologizing more than once, she states the delay was simply due to that and though there isn't a plan in place, she has no lack of energy so she asks fans to please wait a little longer.

Credit to Gunota
azrael

Ouch. Hope she's well.
Arbiter GUNDAM

Hope it's nothing life threatening. I would not wish suffering on anyone out of sheer spite.

But dammit all, this means Morosawa is working on the movie?! Crap, I bet that means Fukuda is as well. *grumbling*Might as well call it Gundam Seed Destiny Redux.*grumbling*

BTW I heard the movie is going to be called Gundam Seed: Eternal. Is that official?
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
Nightwing03

"Gundam SEED: Eternal" was just a rumor about a third series which turned out to be totally fake along with "Gundam SEED: Fortune"
♣♦♠♥
Vent Noir

Glad to see this is going ahead. Hopefully it can erase the bad taste of Destiny.
Chris
Administrator

Vent Noir wrote:Glad to see this is going ahead. Hopefully it can erase the bad taste of Destiny.
Given that the same people responsible for the "bad taste" of DESTINY are behind this movie, what makes you think they'd get it right this time? A bad staff will produce a bad product.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
Janx_Dolaris

I wonder how they're going to fit anymore guns on the likely new incarnation of Freedom.
Recon 5

We can't really fault them too much, though. Like all writers Morosawa probably regards her own work as being quite impressive, regardless of what 90% of us here think. However, the execs rushing her when she herself admits to a lack of energy is not going to help the quality of the movie at all. I say they just let some smart editors do a little cut and paste on the existing SEED stories and distill them into something better. I'm sure its possible.
Yay for functional signatures!

THE OFFICIAL SAJI FANCLUB. PLEASE POST YOUR SAJI SPECULATIONS HERE
Kenji

Actually, I believe she said she doesn't lack energy... y'know, public relations statements. Who knows how she really feels...

I suppose there's always a chance for the SEED movie to be decent if not good... somehow I'm saying this even though I wasn't particularly fond of either SEED or SEED Destiny, even though both had more than their fair share of potential. From the looks of it, Fukuda is an unabashed UC and Tomino fan, and his CE works reflect this in their situations and brutality towards the casts (if rumors of where the two series could've gone are to be believed), but it seems like a combination of market forces, a wife/writer who let herself get far too attached to certain characters (and consequently, apparently, purposefully delayed her scripts in a roughshod attempt to protect them), and what may be a lack of understanding about what Tomino was actually getting at (Tomino's bloodbaths seemed to be driving toward a specific point, while Fukuda's prospective bloodbaths seemed to be just for the sake of killing them all) prevented CE from being much more than a pale shadow of UC... complete with glossy graphics, reused animation, barely-distinguishable character designs, a melodramatic presentation that seems to assume the audience is fairly dense, and "transforming" backpack abominations.

That said, there's always the chance that some serious reevaluation could let them put together a good ending... I'll just hope that so I won't write it off entirely.
"This is the truth! This is my belief. At least for now."
Zero Revenge

Vent Noir wrote:Glad to see this is going ahead. Hopefully it can erase the bad taste of Destiny.
Death of Kira would be well worth the ticket price of $10.
Kavik Ryx

Shin character development would be nice, but much like George Lucas Star Wars, Morisawa might just disregard any advice and write another flop.
Arbiter GUNDAM

Maybe the fact that it's probably, at the most, a 2 hour movie might make it better, since they'll have to cut out all the useless crap they had in the previous two shows becuase they won't have 50 episodes to spread out.

I really don't want to turn this into another bashing thread, but I got very badly burned by Destiny so I'm kinda bitter. I really enjoyed SEED and then Destiny came along and... well you all know don't you?

Poor Cagalli. Poor, abused Cagalli... :(
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
SNT1

I hope the illness wasn't sabotage of some sort

Since I actually enojyed Destiny sans recaps, flashbacks and a few scenes (wait...that's the whole show. Good watch anyways), I'm still looking forward to this. Glad to now it ain't dead yet.
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
Phantomexe87

I really hope this isn't going to end with Kira stopping Athrun from dropping Artemis onto the Earth or something along those lines. Though given that Seed has taken a lot from MSG, and that Destiny took a bit from Zeta, it's not unlikely that the movie will take some things from Char's Counterattack.
Janx_Dolaris

If they did CCA i always assumed the guy dropping something on to earth would be Mwu turned evil again, Mwu's dad back from the grave via-newtype powers, Mwu's dad clone (again), or somehow lacus going crazy in a pink sazabi-gundam.

Regardless of how much i doubt its gonna be very good, i'll give it a watch.
Kenji

Actually, I wouldn't mind Kira fighting Athrun over an asteroid drop (or something similar), but only as long as they were playing for keeps. I really don't want to see another KiraxAthrun dance-and-make-up session, because that would make it three n a row and, well, we need something different for any kind of new SEED material. Problem with that scenario, however, is that it'd require a lot of explanation on how it got there in the first place, since by the end of Destiny the two are still BFFs... hardly the uneasy and tension-wracked allies that Amuro and Char were.

That said, if Fukuda did kill off Kira in Destiny, which it looked like he had every intention of doing, the end of Destiny and/or this movie could've been Shinn vs. Athrun... or, as far as a UC fan would like him would be concerned, the dream match-up of Camille vs. Char. I suppose it could still be done, but it'd require so much work to undo everything that is the second half of Destiny...
"This is the truth! This is my belief. At least for now."
RedBlitz

Chris wrote:
Given that the same people responsible for the "bad taste" of DESTINY are behind this movie, what makes you think they'd get it right this time? A bad staff will produce a bad product.
Well what makes you think they wont have it right? They can learn from their mistakes and I doubt they can put clip shows in in a 2hour movie. lol

As long as Kira owns a ton of mobile suits with the Freedom, i'm a happy camper. AND DONT KILL MU!! Kiling someone... then bringing him back... then kill him again would be way too stupid in my opinion.
"We will change in order to create the future!!" - Setsuna F Seiei
Zero Revenge

RedBlitz wrote:
Chris wrote:
Well what makes you think they wont have it right? They can learn from their mistakes and I doubt they can put clip shows in in a 2hour movie. lol

As long as Kira owns a ton of mobile suits with the Freedom, i'm a happy camper. AND DONT KILL MU!! Kiling someone... then bringing him back... then kill him again would be way too stupid in my opinion.
I wouldn't be shocked if we saw the scene with Nicol dying another 2, maybe 3 times.

Also, don't worry about they killing Mwu, he's immortal. He survived being vaporized, that wouldn't kill him off again... and if they did, he'd be back by the end to safe the Archangel in the same mannerism again.

Also. METEOR III.
auriga

They can learn from their mistakes
As Recon mentioned, I doubt they even think they committed mistakes.
Also, don't worry about they killing Mwu, he's immortal. He survived being vaporized, that wouldn't kill him off again... and if they did, he'd be back by the end to safe the Archangel in the same mannerism again.
Lo and Behold, we see Mwu die choking on a kebab... :lol:

Seriously though... Let's just leave it at "I'm not optimistic."
Last edited by auriga on Wed Mar 12, 2008 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chris
Administrator

RedBlitz wrote:Well what makes you think they wont have it right? They can learn from their mistakes and I doubt they can put clip shows in in a 2hour movie. lol
I don't really have much faith that people who create mediocre products and are rewarded by being allowed to create more mediocre products will learn from their mistakes. Expecting any better from them would be contrary to what they've given us so far.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his