The Official Gundam 00 Anime Thread Chapter 11

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Imperial

There's a rather popular set of alleged spoilers making the rounds that says the first season will end with the creation of an Earth Alliance/Federation.

I take that with a mound of salt.

Like Destiny said, the nations will likely lose their cohesion once CB is finished. Sure, the UN has grown far stronger due to CB's antics, but it's not as if the lines have been blurred so thorougly that the UN can force the superpowers to cooperate.

In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if season two opens with a world of tenuous peace, as the strengthened UN labors to bridge peoples, settle conflicts, accelerate the space program, etc. However, that sort of thing probably won't last, as some border conflict or racial divide instigates a new conflict between the big three, kicking off a new wave of violence and warfare that forces the surviving cast members back into the proverbial saddle.
This space for rent
Phantomexe87

Well I can't see a Federation, but Alliance seems more plausible. While CB might be gone, their shenanigans could have made a lasting impression the three powers, making them for an alliance of sorts. Though I can't see them forming one big faction like the Federation. Even as an Alliance they could still bicker amongst themselves.
bertle

I hope Graham doesn't kill Setsuna, or make him appear dead until some time next season or anything like that.

The reason being it'll be terribly misguided on part of Graham who people have come to worship as the second coming of Jesus this time in his true American form. And yet people will still worship him, for destroying CB and plunging the world back into its decaying status quo. And that makes me angry. Everything Graham has done so far has been awesome, BUT that doesn't make everything he does automatically awesome.

I have a bad feeling he's going to be a real jerk in this final episode. Hooray, everyone can go back to exploiting each other and being corrupt! No more evil CB causing war, unless of course you don't live in the first world in which case you're screwed.
Imperial

And yet people will still worship him, for destroying CB and plunging the world back into its decaying status quo. And that makes me angry.
The show has gone out of its way to point out that Celestial Being is a glorified terrorist group. What's more, it's already been revealed that CB's ultimate goal is not world peace, if Professor Leifman's last words are to be believed.

Celestial Being is not the shining light of the world, whatever the name might suggest. It's all a part of a centuries old conspiracy hatched by a manipulator and hijacked by a megalomaniac.
I have a bad feeling he's going to be a real jerk in this final episode.
Fighting Celestial Being is his job as a soldier. He's not being a jerk.

In fact, with all he has lost to the Trinitys, I think he has a valid reason to hate the Gundams.
Hooray, everyone can go back to exploiting each other and being corrupt!

There was still plenty of that going on after the interventions started. Or did you miss all the people who have been using interventions to further their own agenda?
This space for rent
jam!

I would find it shockingly worthy of applause if Setsuna dies while fighting the giant golden MA given how the others have been defeated so he's effectively got no backup other than the GN Arms..oh and of course, Trans-AM.

Will wait and see....
Chris
Administrator

Imperial wrote:The show has gone out of its way to point out that Celestial Being is a glorified terrorist group. What's more, it's already been revealed that CB's ultimate goal is not world peace, if Professor Leifman's last words are to be believed.
I can't really agree with the second part, as it seems Eifman probably discovered the motives of Alejandro's traitor faction. After Alejandro shoots Aeolia's capsule in episode 22, that video from Aeolia makes it pretty clear that his true goal is to unify the world and fight for peace.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
Recon 5

I wonder what his purpose was for keeping his body preserved, though, unless CB did it without his knowledge for some reason. Having him keep it readily accessible just to goad some lunatic into activating the Trans Am routines 200 years after his death is more foresight than could be realistically attributed to any human- even the inventor of the GN Drives.
Yay for functional signatures!

THE OFFICIAL SAJI FANCLUB. PLEASE POST YOUR SAJI SPECULATIONS HERE
Destiny_Gundam

Concidering how he seemed to be the same age he was in the video, I'd say Aeolia put himself in cryo sleep as soon as he set his plan into action. He wanted to someday live in the peaceful world he invisioned.

Actually, I'd figure it quite normal to have such foresight. It'd be sheer ignorance to believe "No one would ever take over with selfish ambitions!" So he set up a fail safe. And the thing with fail safes is that if you end up not needing to use them, then that's just fine and dandy.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
Mark064

Somehow I doubt his overall goal was to just live in a peaceful world. You don't just set a great plan into motion, set up a fail safe if it fails, let yourself be known as the mastermind to the world and then just be content and living in a peaceful world that you've created. If that is his ultimate goal for cryo-sleep then he has the worlds biggest ego.
Recon 5

I thought that applied to the man who has to gold- plate everything he touches. I can't imagine how long it took for him to get just the right GN particle emission to produce a golden GN field... maybe they'll show him refusing to use a unit that isn't golden later in the series, which would reinforce my notion of his ego.
Yay for functional signatures!

THE OFFICIAL SAJI FANCLUB. PLEASE POST YOUR SAJI SPECULATIONS HERE
Janx_Dolaris

While i'm loving this series so far, i'm rather disapointed with what happened to Allejardo, he's turned into mr crazy evil guy who wants world domination. He was fine right up till he got the golden pimp mobile, he seemed calculating, purposeful, and kinda manipulative given how he used Lagna, the trinities, and Ali.

Suddenly he jumps in a weird golden suit, piloting a weird golden MA and seems to have lost anything that potentionally made him a believable character. Frankly, i would have prefered him to be more like Djibrill, just manipulates those around him and doesnt go evil mecha pilot on the main guys.
flamingtroll

Mark064 wrote:Somehow I doubt his overall goal was to just live in a peaceful world. You don't just set a great plan into motion, set up a fail safe if it fails, let yourself be known as the mastermind to the world and then just be content and living in a peaceful world that you've created. If that is his ultimate goal for cryo-sleep then he has the worlds biggest ego.

I feel the same way. It's strange that most people here seem to think Corner being the "bad" CB means Aeolia would be the good CB. Let's not forget Wang's little monologue about going as far as destroying everything for Aeolia's idea and how Eifman was originally researching on the original GN Drives when he came to conclusion of CB's true motives.
blaze101
Location: Would say Halle Barry's boudoir, but she had a kid. So, yeah...<_<

Imperial wrote:There's a rather popular set of alleged spoilers making the rounds that says the first season will end with the creation of an Earth Alliance/Federation.

I take that with a mound of salt.
Hmmm......I wouldn't mind seeing an Earth-Sphere Alliance with the UN as the initiator. IMHO, something like that occurring would really give an interesting twist to the meaning behind "Gundam 00."
This is what happens to ya if you mess with me--http://content.ytmnd.com/content/0/c/4/ ... fc861a.gif
Imperial

I can't really agree with the second part, as it seems Eifman probably discovered the motives of Alejandro's traitor faction. After Alejandro shoots Aeolia's capsule in episode 22, that video from Aeolia makes it pretty clear that his true goal is to unify the world and fight for peace.
You are the master of continuity.

I hadn't thought of that at all. I was still thinking of Celestial Being as a single, monolithic organization at that point and I never looked back to ponder the chance he was referring to the splinter group. It's wonderful food for thought.

With all this intrigue and mystery swirling about, the wait for season 2 will be agonizing.
This space for rent
Mark064

flamingtroll wrote:I feel the same way. It's strange that most people here seem to think Corner being the "bad" CB means Aeolia would be the good CB. Let's not forget Wang's little monologue about going as far as destroying everything for Aeolia's idea and how Eifman was originally researching on the original GN Drives when he came to conclusion of CB's true motives.
Exactly Eifman's research was about the GN Drives, not about how the CB's true motives. Since Eifman is able to conclude that from the GN Drives, the GN Drives are the key to this mystery. And since the only people who has any idea about the GN Drives was Aeolia, this would lead one to believe that there is something else hidden in them. I assume the rest of CB, has no idea what this is or that it even exists. They are fighting for the CB's eventual goal of eradicating wars, or so they believe. What that true goal is, I really have no idea. Everything they are fighting for has been planned out by Aeolia, he is pulling the strings be it dead or alive.

In order for Eifman to discover the mystery of Alejandro's faction would change everything. Eifman has been shown to be studying the GN Drives and found out about GN Particles long before he knew about the existance of the Trinity. If he is able to find out all about Alejandro's faction from the GN Drives and GN Particles he is nothing short of god in his powers.
VentZX

Janx_Dolaris wrote:While i'm loving this series so far, i'm rather disapointed with what happened to Allejardo, he's turned into mr crazy evil guy who wants world domination. He was fine right up till he got the golden pimp mobile, he seemed calculating, purposeful, and kinda manipulative given how he used Lagna, the trinities, and Ali.

Suddenly he jumps in a weird golden suit, piloting a weird golden MA and seems to have lost anything that potentionally made him a believable character. Frankly, i would have prefered him to be more like Djibrill, just manipulates those around him and doesnt go evil mecha pilot on the main guys.
umm, what's so unbelievable about him wanting to destroy the current CB? His ambition isn't just some random thing. I went through the trouble of pointing this out earlier, but Alejandro, and to a certain extent Ali, have been pulling strings the entire time.

Case in point, the Azadistan arc. While some saw it as just some random intervention that just so happened to involve Ali, it was really all set up by Corner. Recent revelations show that Ali was working for Corner (the assassination of Ragna, him being able to pilot Zwei, etc). Now, remember back to the Azadistan arc. Alejandro himself suspiciously went into Azadistan to build a solar receiver, with no apparent incentive. Both Marina and Shirin were skeptical of this. Then, it just so happens that Ali and his men kidnap the old political leader, and the station is attacked by none other than Ali. These aren't coincidences. Alejandro set it all up.

With that in mind, he was also behind the Trinities appearance, their acceptance into CB, the conflict between Gundams, the distribution of the GN-X (through Harvey), and the formation of the UN Forces. He very clearly stated that he was the one that would create the new world, he would be at its helm, and he would control Celestial Being. Not to mention that it's a plan that's been in motion for at least 80 years, well before Alejandro was even born. The Gold MA? It fits his god complex perfectly. you claim he's gone insane, but everything he's doing is exactly in line with his motivations. This isn't Stellar running wild killing random people in a city. Alejandro wants the current Celestial Being gone, and right now, he's doing a very good job of that.
Janx_Dolaris

I understand that, thats the way i like him, but his episode 24 self seems to have lost his master manipulator/schemer self and decided to pilot the MA himself ala typical bad guy.

00's been good at breaking the usual Gundam formula, and making things seem more real. How many historical 'bad guys' who manipulate people charge into battle gold-plated? I really would have expected him to sit back and watch Ribbons pilot the MA while he grinned evily.
VentZX

Janx_Dolaris wrote:I understand that, thats the way i like him, but his episode 24 self seems to have lost his master manipulator/schemer and decided to pilot the MA himself ala typical bad guy.

00's been good at breaking the usual Gundam formula, and making things seem more real. How many historical 'bad guys' who manipulate people charge into battle gold-plated? I really would have expected him to sit back and watch Ribbons pilot the MA.
Well, even after he finally managed to take control of Veda and succeeded in killing Aeolia, he was foiled by his nemesis from beyond the grave, literally. The gratification of killing Aeolia was taken from him, and now Corner's going to destroy the phantom of that man, the Gundams which embody the very ideals he stood for, with his own Gold-plated, MA hands. That's part of the reason he's doing it himself. The other reason he didn't just let Ribbons do it was because Ribbons is too important a resource to risk. If Alejandro looses Ribbons, he also loses his control of Veda. With literally no pawns left, he's finishing the job himself, with pleasure.
L.U.T.A.

umm, what's so unbelievable about him wanting to destroy the current CB? His ambition isn't just some random thing. I went through the trouble of pointing this out earlier, but Alejandro, and to a certain extent Ali, have been pulling strings the entire time.
If this is true, If he so set on the destruction of celestial being, why didn't he let all of the gundam meisters get captured during episode 16. It looks like Sumeragi had no back up plan and was actually letting the united forces capture CB's suits. If it wasn't for Alejandro CB wouldn't exits nemore. He seems like he was oddly placed as a manipulator. At the end of episode 16 he was still a "monitor" as he recalled events about celestial being. I think there is still more about Alejandro than we know along with Aeolia's plan. There is definitely something more sinister at hand here... including that green haired kid and his odd smirk. (ep#?)(cursing grownups)
Janx_Dolaris

VentZX wrote:
Well, even after he finally managed to take control of Veda and succeeded in killing Aeolia, he was foiled by his nemesis from beyond the grave, literally. The gratification of killing Aeolia was taken from him, and now Corner's going to destroy the phantom of that man, the Gundams which embody the very ideals he stood for, with his own Gold-plated, MA hands. That's part of the reason he's doing it himself. The other reason he didn't just let Ribbons do it was because Ribbons is too important a resource to risk. If Alejandro looses Ribbons, he also loses his control of Veda. With literally no pawns left, he's finishing the job himself, with pleasure.
Well, put that way i do see the argument for why he WOULD charge out there. I just dont like how he's the usual prideful badguy who charges out for the final battle. I still think he'd rather live and lose Ribbons than die. But i will agree with you there is reasoning for him to do so.
If this is true, If he so set on the destruction of celestial being, why didn't he let all of the gundam meisters get captured during episode 16. It looks like Sumeragi had no back up plan and was actually letting the united forces capture CB's suits.
Because the world wasnt really united yet, it was just working together to capture the Gundams, and likely would have gone about their greedy ways. It was no actual alliance like there was now. The battle may have been an unexpected thing to happy in his plans, thus he deployed them during the battle, which is why they arrived just in time.

I think Sumeragi lacked alot of strategy that battle, and used the wrong gundams for the wrong roles, especially after seeing the mission plan briefly from billy, but i'm not going to start a debate over that.