The Official Gundam 00 Anime Thread Chapter 11

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Recon 5

Whoops. Guess I confused the two. Anyhoo...

So, what was Hal, anyway? If he was a portion of Al's psyche, what would the eye have to do with his existence? Was he some kind of program contained in the eye? Also, with the destruction of the eye having such an impact as eliminating Hal, what would it mean for the rest of Al's enhancements?
Yay for functional signatures!

THE OFFICIAL SAJI FANCLUB. PLEASE POST YOUR SAJI SPECULATIONS HERE
drcnch

That was an intense episode. Kinda didn't go anything like I was expecting. As to the ending, those 5 people standing behind Ribbons/Lyvons, perhaps his new Gundam Meisters? And if I do say so myself, Tieria looks even more feminine with his Lockon-do, but at the same time a bit better. And about the GN particles that Saji sees at the end, were they more blue than the true solar furnace, or was it just against the back drop that made them look blue? Season 2 seems like it is going to be very different.
yazi88

What happened to sumaragi and feldt?
Dwin

yazi88 wrote:What happened to sumaragi and feldt?
That and is this out on veoh?
darkhunger

UrbanSniper wrote:That gundam in the lower left corner makes me think of the Mk. II from Zeta for some reason. Dang, I can't wait to see this episode!
Of course... That's the O Gundam, which, like the Mk. II, is an RX-78 redux.
Areku

Recon 5 wrote:Whoops. Guess I confused the two. Anyhoo...

So, what was Hal, anyway? If he was a portion of Al's psyche, what would the eye have to do with his existence? Was he some kind of program contained in the eye? Also, with the destruction of the eye having such an impact as eliminating Hal, what would it mean for the rest of Al's enhancements?
Back in episodes 4-6 (I think) Sergei and a scientist briefly discussed nano-machines when talking about Soma, so I'd wager that they were present in the other advanced humans as well. Perhaps the bots malfunctioned and clotted in parts of his brain, causing the issues they flashbacked to around episode 11, and have since recollected in that eye? That borders too close to wanton speculation to continue, but I think it's safe to presume that the existence of Hal has something to do with the n-machines, especially since he informed Al that he can block the pain from Soma's proximity in the previous episode.

Great episode overall, I liked that they finished the immediate conflict and gave us an extended glimpse at what is to come. Doesn't leave you feeling cheated, but leaves enough loose ends to leave you looking forward to the next season. Plus, best MA destruction sequence in recent memory.

Edit: Not sure how it works, but I'd like to point out to the mods that this thread is nearing capacity. I'm expecting posts to come quick...
The Big Zabowski

Recon 5 wrote:Whoops. Guess I confused the two. Anyhoo...

Portion of Al's psyche more or less. The eye I believe was something associated with the Super Solider program, Al probably being a washout along with all the other kids on the vented ship due to that psyche and his mental instability.

Al's enhancements were pretty much there in the end too, and his persona was more a combination of Hal/Al anyway IIRC. Could have been that Al kept the surge of GARness that got him to join up with Hal that last time.

I'll have to watch it again. It was 4:30AM and I hadn't slept since 6AM. Still haven't slept really. <_<

Drcnch wrote: And about the GN particles that Saji sees at the end, were they more blue than the true solar furnace, or was it just against the back drop that made them look blue?
Green as usual. May have been the feed quality, because my screen showed green while watching it live on Keyhole.
Dwin wrote:
Yazi88" wrote:What happened to sumaragi and feldt?
That and is this out on veoh?
Sumeragi and Feldt were not shown in the 3-5 minute timeskip clip but they should be very much alive. They weren't seen outside of the first 3 minutes of the Ep anyway. At that point were VERY much alive.

And AFAIK it isn't out on veoh yet.
TRANS AM!
Yes, it's a V8.
Yes, it was a Trans Am before there was "TRANS AM."
Yes, it's mine. 8)
Chris
Administrator

Guys, we don't talk about veoh here. Also, 30 pages, thread closed.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his